GAME GRUMPS

I honestly use Greps as a mini daily podcast as 9/10 times they talk about completely different subjects.

I love Animal Crossing: City Folk.

"Absolutely, I always keep my house in presentable order."
"Somebody touched my butt when I was a kid and I didn't like it, you know, it scarred me."
"You really have to admire that Tom Nook. He's got a sweet ass!"

I'm ashamed of myself for not posting on this topic as much... But I think now's the time, because JonTron is leaving Game Grumps!

What's with Jon's hair?!

Also, wait, are you for serious, Jon isn't going to be part of Game Grumps anymore? I can't believe this! I mean, Game Grumps without JonTron... It's hardly Game Grumps... He and Arin make the perfect duo, I don't even...

...Also, who's this new guy? Maybe I'll get to know him like I get to know JonTron. After all, I never even heard of JonTron before Game Grumps, and now I think he's pretty hilarious! So I'll give this new guy a shot, in the first of the episodes featuring him, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

...DAMMIT, the intro doesn't sound right without Jon! :'( (it doesn't even look right, like it's animated weird)

...Though I have to admit, he really made a first impact, burping in his very first appearance... Got, Jon would always get upset with Arin, burping on the show. Then again, he farts a lot, sometimes directly into the mike... DAMMIT, I miss him too much already!

Smashgoom202 said:
I'm ashamed of myself for not posting on this topic as much... But I think now's the time, because JonTron is leaving Game Grumps!

What's with Jon's hair?!

Also, wait, are you for serious, Jon isn't going to be part of Game Grumps anymore? I can't believe this! I mean, Game Grumps without JonTron... It's hardly Game Grumps... He and Arin make the perfect duo, I don't even...

...Also, who's this new guy? Maybe I'll get to know him like I get to know JonTron. After all, I never even heard of JonTron before Game Grumps, and now I think he's pretty hilarious! So I'll give this new guy a shot, in the first of the episodes featuring him, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

...DAMMIT, the intro doesn't sound right without Jon! :'( (it doesn't even look right, like it's animated weird)

...Though I have to admit, he really made a first impact, burping in his very first appearance... Got, Jon would always get upset with Arin, burping on the show. Then again, he farts a lot, sometimes directly into the mike... DAMMIT, I miss him too much already!
I think its a joke. i mean, come on. its game grumps.

aregularforumuser said:

This all seems to be genuine. If this was a joke, they'd have made it more obvious that it was a joke. Like you said, this IS Game Grumps. This seems WAY too subtle and subdued to be just a joke.

but but but

They were so close to finishing Sonic '06. ;-;

EDIT: new guy's alright.

So I was infiltrating this top secret military base, right? Don't remember if it was UNIT or SHIELD or NERV, even though I was only there an hour or so ago. And I overheard something very interesting while I was there.

"This had better be important, private. I'm missing an important meeting in Geneva for this."
"It's very important, sir."
"Well then? Spit it out."
"Sir, it's..."
"Yes?"
"It's the babies, sir. They want their bottle."

I didn't really understand what they meant, but then I saw the Punch-Out video and noticed that there was literally a new comment every second, and I realized what they were talking about.

Godspeed, SHUNERV.

Can Jontron "leave" Game grumps? He and Arin are friends and played videogames together for a while, they just decided to record them later, is not even a job! Is just hanging out... Maybe they had a fight or this is just a joke.

Cheerilee said:
Can Jontron "leave" Game grumps? He and Arin are friends and played videogames together for a while, they just decided to record them later, is not even a job! Is just hanging out... Maybe they had a fight or this is just a joke.
Maybe he wanted to focus more on his own show.

This kinda sucks. Jon was the one who was convincing Arin to continue Sonic '06. Will they still continue it?

Cheerilee said:
I think they made it quite clear in the "Ode to JonTron" video that CLEARLY they're still friends, he's just not going to participate in Game Grumps, and instead, focus more on his own video series.

Edit: ...So, what's up with this new "Steam Train" deal? I mean, losing JonTron was enough for me, but starting a whole new show AS SOON as he leaves? This is just too much to take in!

s'been a crazy day in grumpland

From what I gather, Steam Train is a show for the PC gaming crowd.

And yeah that really wasn't anything special. I'm sure they'll get better over time but honestly this felt like retsupurae material.

Hey guys, this video was on RubberRoss's YouTube channel:

...So apparently, JonTron was still mean to be part of the Game Grumps when this was filmed... What happened?!

I'm going to give this new setup a chance, but I'll miss JonTron. For a while I stopped watching because Jon was irritating but now I want him baaaaaaack.

Crackin355 said:
I'm going to give this new setup a chance, but I'll miss JonTron. For a while I stopped watching because Jon was irritating but now I want him baaaaaaack.
As it turns out, you don't realize what you've got until it's gone...

Actually, this is a good opportunity to catch up on JonTron. I actually just watched his Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts video today, it is HILARIOUS!

Matt Foley said:
Me and my friend were probably in the minority that knew JonTron before Grump Grumps.

Well there was a good amount of subscribers that he had before Game Grumps (myself included), just that he got a good boost because of Game Grumps. He had something like 300,000 subscribers beforehand I think (Might be more or less).

According to this, which MIGHT be true, but I'm not sure:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/1h2ioz/found_this_on_the_grump_facebook_page_guy_in_red/

Jon may have left, not ONLY to focus more on JonTron episodes, but also to move closer to his girlfriend, who apparently made an animated Game Grumps short.

If word gets out, they're going to blame Jon's new girlfriend, and start being dicks because of it. I'd LIKE to think people are better then that, but come on, this is the Game Grumps fandom we're talking about.

At least they finished Sonic 06 together... Looking forward to that ending!

...Wait, if Jon's moving... Is Barry going with him? He's Jon's roommate... But then again, if he's just a roommate, that doesn't mean he HAS to go everywhere with Jon? Still, it's weird, he got into Game Grumps and became their editor BECAUSE of Jon... Such a strange situation this is...

Edit: Okay, found the girl's channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shnikkels/videos

And here's a Game Grumps animated she did:

I don't understand why every bodies first thought was 'they had a falling out'. They're better than that aren't they? It'd make a whole lot more sense that he went to live with his girlfriend.

Smashgoom202 said:
aregularforumuser said:

This all seems to be genuine. If this was a joke, they'd have made it more obvious that it was a joke. Like you said, this IS Game Grumps. This seems WAY too subtle and subdued to be just a joke.

they would have announced it a little bit before he actually left, so people will enjoy the last moments they had with him. and the video isn't really the amount of seriousness(this is gamegrumps, but still) that another show has while somebody leaves.

i mean, come on. i think this is just something to shut the people up who keep whining "ER MAH GERD ER NEERD MER JANTRAN". maybe steam train is serious, but at least if it IS a joke we will have some variety with steam train.

aregularforumuser said:
Smashgoom202 said:
aregularforumuser said:

they would have announced it a little bit before he actually left, so people will enjoy the last moments they had with him. and the video isn't really the amount of seriousness(this is gamegrumps, but still) that another show has while somebody leaves.

i mean, come on. i think this is just something to shut the people up who keep whining "ER MAH GERD ER NEERD MER JANTRAN". maybe steam train is serious, but at least if it IS a joke we will have some variety with steam train.
That WOULD make a lot more sense, and you'd THINK that's what they'd do... But then again, they ALSO decided to air a new show on that channel in addition to the announcement, which all feels too genuinely dumb to be a joke.

Back