Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rayman

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Megaman

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from what you say in your thread, it will never succeed.

Didn't anybody read my prophecy(because they call me the movie oracle), Production Costs>Revenue This means losing money and not success. Let's be honest, nobody wants to see a movie derived from a video game series.

I want a prequel on DK's life where we find out tht he used to be a salesclerk at Best Buy.

NotABannableOffense said:
Let's be honest, nobody wants to see a movie derived from a video game series.

Depends on how good it is.

The topic title should be modified to say, "...and IF it succeeds". Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Where's the "none" option?

I suggest a live-action summer blockbuster where a CGI Kirby ends up in New York and, via wacky sheanigans, help the romantic pursuit of an ordinary salesman down on his luck.

Supermariofan

I'm sorry, but you're not good at writing movie scripts. You focus too much on who will play which character, when you should be focusing more on plot development. Plus, you don't know what characters will work in movies, and despite the fact that you focused mainly on actors and characters, well, you had a terrible cast list. The only character that I would agree with on that list is Gary Oldman as Bowser.

Sorry to be blunt, but by all of the comments made on that subject, your movie was terrible.

Bane said:
Supermariofan

I'm sorry, but you're not good at writing movie scripts. You focus too much on who will play which character, when you should be focusing more on plot development. Plus, you don't know what characters will work in movies, and despite the fact that you focused mainly on actors and characters, well, you had a terrible cast list. The only character that I would agree with on that list is Gary Oldman as Bowser.

Sorry to be blunt, but by all of the comments made on that subject, your movie was terrible.
Ouch

Bane said:
Supermariofan

Yeah, I agree. Like DC Comics, SMF has essentially Ditched Continuity and placed all his focus on casting (he also is a little overly obsessed with Oldman). If his movie succeeds (and I doubt it will), we'll never see a crossover movie. :(

ColonelKR said:
Bane said:
Supermariofan

Yeah, I agree. Like DC Comics, SMF has essentially Ditched Continuity and placed all his focus on casting (he also is a little overly obsessed with Oldman). If his movie succeeds (and I doubt it will), we'll never see a crossover movie. :(
Besides, you're better off going with an animated movie than having dumb old actors play them.

New Super Mario said:
ColonelKR said:
Bane said:
Supermariofan

Besides, you're better off going with an animated movie than having dumb old actors play them.

You do know that SMF wants his film to be animated, right?

Than why would he give actor names? Or is that voice actors? Even so, you'd be better off with going with the REAL voices for the characters.

New Super Mario said:
Than why would he give actor names? Or is that voice actors? Even so, you'd be better off with going with the REAL voices for the characters.

Well Gary Oldman does do quite a bit of voice acting, and he makes it sound good. I was actually hoping for a SFX/Live action type movie, but what're ya gonna do.

I voted for No More Heroes, because it's the closest option to "No More Movies".

Bane said:
New Super Mario said:

Well Gary Oldman does do quite a bit of voice acting, and he makes it sound good. I was actually hoping for a SFX/Live action type movie, but what're ya gonna do.

Truth be told, star power won't matter to your primary audience... which is kids. All they'll care about is that the movie has the characters they like, and that the characters sound like they do in the games. If my movie succeeds, and (God willing) I get the game actors, I could turn Charles Martinet, Samantha Kelly, and Scott Burns from nobodies into somebodies.

ColonelKR said:
Bane said:
New Super Mario said:

Truth be told, star power won't matter to your primary audience... which is kids. All they'll care about is that the movie has the characters they like, and that the characters sound like they do in the games. If my movie succeeds, and (God willing) I get the game actors, I could turn Charles Martinet, Samantha Kelly, and Scott Burns from nobodies into somebodies.
Did you just called Charles Martinet a nobody? For real?

GreenDisaster said:
ColonelKR said:
Bane said:
New Super Mario said:

Did you just called Charles Martinet a nobody? For real?

Oh, no! I mean that bigtime celebs see him as a nobody. Martinet's achieved a sort of cult celebrity status among video game fans, and he's one of my inspirations for looking into voice acting as a fallback career.

Even if he doesn't play Bowser, we should still include Gary Oldman somehow. His roles, such as Sirius Black and Commisioner Gordon were just fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back