Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition - STATUS: POSTPONED UNTIL POKEMON IS FUN

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
So this is basically a pretty cool idea that I've been thinking about recently: a story in which the users are the trainers going around the Unova region. I've already got a bunch of good ideas ready to go, but I need to know who I'll be writing about to start this thing off.

Consider this Pokemon Black and White versions, but like the anime - you can bring Pokemon (up to four) from other regions with you on this adventure.

To sign up, simply PM (this way the battles and Pokemon you catch will be a surprise to everyone) me a sign-up with the following:
Your trainer's name and personality.
The six Pokemon you'd like to use, with moves and personalities for each.
Anything else I request. I promise it won't be anything major.

A word of advice: Signing up first does not guarantee that you'll appear. I'm going to choose the most interesting and detailed sign-ups and use those in the story.

Re: Pokemon Black and White: Wiki Edition

I would sign up but knowing next to nothing about Pokemon that seems like a dumb idea.

CAN I BE BULBASAUR

So since you used the term "story", I assume you're talking about written fiction, but it can also refer to pretty much anything else too, so just to be on the safe side: What kind of medium will this be? Written fiction? A comic? A rom hack? etc etc.

I also agree with the person above about leaving competitive rule sets out of this.

The Dark Knight said:
Are there any restrictions on pokemon we can use?
Cirdec said:
Can we use Ubers ? :)
Well, no legendaries. Other than that you can use four out-of-Unova Pokemon and two in-Unova Pokemon.
Makoto Naegi said:
CAN I BE BULBASAUR
uh well if someone uses a bulbasaur then maybe?
NotABannableOffense said:
Can we leave Smogon out of this?
Kyouko Kirigiri said:
I also agree with the person above about leaving competitive rule sets out of this.
Sorry if I scared you guys away with the word "moveset" - I'm basing this off of the anime's interpretation of Pokemon (a story about competitive battling would be very dull, it would glorify Ferrothorn). By moveset, I just mean the four moves that your Pokemon is going to use. In the anime there's usually only four moves that they use regularly.

This is in no way going to reflect how the metagame looks like. It's just going to be like the anime - nearly every Pokemon is good in their own way, and stuff like that.
Kyouko Kirigiri said:
So since you used the term "story", I assume you're talking about written fiction, but it can also refer to pretty much anything else too, so just to be on the safe side: What kind of medium will this be? Written fiction? A comic? A rom hack? etc etc.
Written fiction, yeah. : )

QUICK, SOMEONE

PREFERABLY SOMEONE I ACTUALLY KNOW AND LIKE BUT I WONT BE PICKY IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT

AHHHHHHHH

Makoto Naegi said:
QUICK, SOMEONE

PREFERABLY SOMEONE I ACTUALLY KNOW AND LIKE BUT I WONT BE PICKY IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT

AHHHHHHHH

Maybe someone should try to convince Bones to sign up with a Bulbasaur. That would be hilarious.

Kyouko Kirigiri said:
Maybe someone should try to convince Bones to sign up with a Bulbasaur. That would be hilarious.

nah i already got someone

javvy, if i hack the game anime story and give myself roar of time, are you gonna be mad?

Can we also just say "screw it" and have six Unova Pokémon?

The original post implied this was possible, but when you elaborated on it, it suddenly sounded like there have to be two outsider Pokémon in the team.

Halp!

Do you have to start with the first evoloution stage or start with the stage you want?

GreenDisaster said:
Jack Noir said:
Other than that you can use four out-of-Unova Pokemon and two in-Unova Pokemon.
Shouldn't it be the other way around?
you can use up to four from other regions

and as many as you'd like from unova
Makoto Naegi said:
javvy, if i hack the game anime story and give myself roar of time, are you gonna be mad?
no i'll just make you get abducted and brainwashed by team plasma
Kyouko Kirigiri said:
Can we also just say "screw it" and have six Unova Pokémon?

The original post implied this was possible, but when you elaborated on it, it suddenly sounded like there have to be two outsider Pokémon in the team.

Halp!
Yeah, you can have as many Unova Pokemon as you'd like.
Dry-Petey said:
Do you have to start with the first evoloution stage or start with the stage you want?
You don't have to, but if you have all fully-evolved Pokemon then I'll just put you in at the end of the story because I can't really have you develop without your Pokemon maturing as well.

Jack Noir said:

that actually sounds sort of interesting

how can you brainwash a pokemon though

Makoto Naegi said:
Jack Noir said:
that actually sounds sort of interesting

how can you brainwash a pokemon though
use hypnosis, duh

doesnt that just induce sleep

Yes. But while you're asleep, they bombard you with subliminal messages, slowly corrupting your subconscious and causing you to be slowly swayed to their will.

Yeah.

Oh god, it's like Mewtwo all over again!

Also, I signed up too now, so joy!

Kyouko Kirigiri said:
Also, I signed up too now, so joy!
Not gonna lie to you guys, Edo's signup just blew the others out of the water in terms of awesomeness.

and he's not even done yet

We are pleased to learn the information was to your liking, good sir.

Back