Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition - STATUS: POSTPONED UNTIL POKEMON IS FUN

Re: Pokemon Black and White: Wiki Edition

Jack Noir said:
Not gonna lie to you guys, Edo's signup just blew the others out of the water in terms of awesomeness.

and he's not even done yet

Make him the main character.

Do you have to start with one pokemon or you can just use a whole bunch?

why hello

Can we choose what moves our Pokemon know before the story starts?

Pyro said:
why hello

Can we choose what moves our Pokemon know before the story starts?
Of course.
Majin Buu said:
Do you have to start with one pokemon or you can just use a whole bunch?
You can start with multiple, but the more you have the later I'm going to make you appear.

That way you can watch the main character(s?) develop and grow and catch new Pokemon and stuff.

As soon as I get a good starting point.

Which is really about now, as Edo's bio was so great that I can start with his character already.

So now the question becomes: when am I not lazy?

So...

Should we tell you which Pokemon we're going to have or the ones we start with?

Yoshibaker said:
So...

Should we tell you which Pokemon we're going to have or the ones we start with?
You really only need to tell me what you're starting with.

Or actually you can tell me what you'll end up with and I'll work backwards from there.

Or you could tell me both, I'm flexible that way.

Maybe you could try to enlist the help of an artsy person, so you can also get some visuals for your project too.

I would probably help out, but I am currently in a situation that restricts my drawing ability, and RL is kind of evil as well right now.

Can we choose what the trainer looks like and Trainer Class?

He kind of wanted you to tell him that per PM, so it would remain a surprise for everyone else.

Kyouko Kirigiri said:
Maybe you could try to enlist the help of an artsy person, so you can also get some visuals for your project too.
Yeah, that would be pretty awesome, but I don't know if anyone's really got the time for that.
Majin Buu said:
Can we choose what the trainer looks like and Trainer Class?
I can probably make some sprites for people by combining/recoloring Trainer sprites from the games, but I'd rather get some writing done before I start on extra stuff like visuals.

You can certainly tell me your description now and I'll write it in, but I'm not going to make visuals yet.

Jack Noir said:
I can probably make some sprites for people by combining/recoloring Trainer sprites from the games, but I'd rather get some writing done before I start on extra stuff like visuals.

You can certainly tell me your description now and I'll write it in, but I'm not going to make visuals yet.

You know, as long as it is just single frame trainer sprites (like the ones that appear before a trainer sends out their Pokémon), I could probably help you out with that.

Yeah, that's what I was planning on doing. If you want to help with that, I'm okay with it, but I'm fine with doing it too.

oh and just to let you know ill get my pokemon in the order i listed them jave

(besides the first tho i said it was my starter)

Can't this be more like Pokemon Adventures?

Majin Buu said:
Can't this be more like Pokemon Adventures?
1. what is that
2. I've always enjoyed the anime's style of battling, except for certain elements (Double Team being worthless because all you have to do is "concentrate") that I'm exercising my artistic license and changing.
Yoshibaker said:
I am the only person who signed up not by PM 8)
oh you

I still don't really know what your Pokemon's personalities are supposed to be though, which dooms you to a more minor role.

That goes for the rest of you too: The people with more vibrant descriptions got/will get the more active roles, simply because I have more to base their character development off of.

Pokémon Adventures is the manga based on the games. It is notable for being significantly darker than the anime. While in the anime, pretty much all battles are relatively fair and clean (even against criminals), in the manga, the characters' lives are oftentimes in danger. Criminals actually act like criminals there, sending their Pokémon out to harm or even kill the opposing trainer directly, while they are using their Pokemon to protect themselves.

Since the stakes in the manga are usually way higher, and themes like death, loss, and trauma are explored, the manga tends to be a good deal deeper than the anime occasionally. It can be a bit gimmicky and weird sometimes though.

If you haven't heard of it yet, I'd recommend to try giving it a read some time (if you can get your hands on it somehow). The creator of Pokemon apparently even said that the manga is the closest an adaption has come to how he imagined the game world to be.

Also, they changed the way they drew the eyes of the rival, which makes him look fuggin awesome, especially when he gets a cape later.

I'm not planning on making this happy-go-lucky like the anime is sometimes (oh look another town let's visit and center the episode on one minor lame pokemon that no one cares about), if that's what you're saying.

For instance my draft currently has someone fleeing Route 1 because they were unlucky enough to go there when the Pokemon swarm, Farfetch'd, arrives. And the Farfetch'd range in level from 20 or so to about 50.

actually it's sorta based on personal experience when i go there sometimes to get attack evs, but that's a different story.

Back