Why doesn't Mario have his own anime ?

Sonic has Sonic X,Kirby has Hoshi No Kirby,So why doesn't Mario have his own anime,he's WAY more popular then those guys (no offense sonic and kirby fans).

Master Lucario said:
He did. It was called the Super Mario Bros. Show. It sucked.

It wasn't. It was an American production by DIC (Which is a French company) and used an American animation style.

Mario did stars in some propers Animes, thought. There was the "Great Mission to save Princess Peach" OAV and a series of short (10 minutes) adaptation of Japanese Fairytale.

Probably Mario anime was not made because of the response of that 'mario movie' I'm mean... It wouldn't be a bad idea, but it may get the same response as the movie...

It would be good if:

1: They made it entertaining, with various characters with development
2: The characters were animated like they were in the games, but not CGI.
3: If 4Kids didn't get its grimy hands on it.

Hopefully something like that is made.

he DID have other anime's like Super Mario World (TV Series) and also The Adventures Of Super Mario Bros 3. You gotta admit, the shows WERE pretty cool.

Snowstalker said:
It would be good if:

1: They made it entertaining, with various characters with development
2: The characters were animated like they were in the games, but not CGI.
3: If 4Kids didn't get its grimy hands on it.

Hopefully something like that is made.

QFT.

YoshiRocks101 said:
I emailed nintendo and with any luck they'll put it back on air :D

I really doubt they're gonna do that because of one email lolz. But Ive seen some Youtube poops of the show. The voices for Mario and Luigi were very weird. But the show could improve.

Toadbert101 said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Mario6464SMR said:
it would probably ruin the entire franchise if it came out crappy, :wario:
Just Like Sonic X did to Sonic.

Srsly, I barely saw that show. Isnt this topic too old to be revived anyway?
No, Mario6464SMR made it able for me to post, plus you and Shy Guy are posting too.

Free Loader said:
As previously stated, Mario had a couple of anime back in the late 80s/early 90s. They where not shown on TV and where not never very successful. I suppose Nintendo doesn't want a Mario anime because an anime about a guy who doesn't talk wouldn't be very interesting(although I could name a few like that), and they wouldn't want anime studios doing things like making Mario talk. Although to my knowledge Mario talks in Super Mario-Kun(?) the Mario manga series, maybe it's only OK in text. I doubt Charles Martinet is ready to go voicing Mario for a whole TV series in a language that(to my knowledge) he does not know.

inb4lock(I still don't know why old topics that get bumped always get locked :-\)
It's a retarded rule that the mods think is fine.

ShyGuy27 said:
Free Loader said:
As previously stated, Mario had a couple of anime back in the late 80s/early 90s. They where not shown on TV and where not never very successful. I suppose Nintendo doesn't want a Mario anime because an anime about a guy who doesn't talk wouldn't be very interesting(although I could name a few like that), and they wouldn't want anime studios doing things like making Mario talk. Although to my knowledge Mario talks in Super Mario-Kun(?) the Mario manga series, maybe it's only OK in text. I doubt Charles Martinet is ready to go voicing Mario for a whole TV series in a language that(to my knowledge) he does not know.

inb4lock(I still don't know why old topics that get bumped always get locked :-\)

Old topics that are useful could stay open, I suppose.

Toadbert101 said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Free Loader said:

Yeah, as it is now, if you want to post in an old topic, you need to remake it, losing all the potentially useful posts in the old one.
On the bright side, we lose the older topics.
???

ShyGuy27 said:
Toadbert101 said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Free Loader said:

Yeah, as it is now, if you want to post in an old topic, you need to remake it, losing all the potentially useful posts in the old one.
On the bright side, we lose the older topics.
???

Meh, not very good.

???Um their was a japenese movie that was released only in Japan around 1989. It was called (in english :rolleyes:) Super mario bros: the great mission to save Princess peach. It's about an hour long. I thought it was great much better than the live action movie and smbss. I watched it on Yoshi art and youtube. It's not translated with english subtitles sadly but only with english words that go across the screen of course. :'( It's not sold in the U.S and it's rare even in Japan so it's not possible to buy the movie. GO GO MariO. :mario:

Are you talking about the one with Luigi acting as Wario, and that weird dog that's actually the ugliest prince ever? Because I've watched that one. In the end, Bowser ends up working in Mario and Luigi's grocery store.

Video games do NOT make good TV shows. Except for maybe the very beginning of the Pokemon anime.

Q: Why doesn't Mario have his own anime?

A: Because anime sucks.

Just kidding. But seriously, the Mario cartoons were awful as they didn't follow the games' stories and the shows couldn't go through 5 seconds without a mistake and every anime I've seen that was based off a game is very inaccurate as evidenced by Sonic and Kirby as the events that occured in the anime never happened in the games. Like schmutz said, only Pokemon can get away with having both an anime and a game. If anything, I'd like 4Kids to make a non-anime Mario cartoon since they did an almost perfect job with TMNT.

Pokemon, from what I've heard from, is pretty bad and inaccurate currently (e.g. the Horn and Thunder Armor).

Scrub Jay said:
Pokemon, from what I've heard from, is pretty bad and inaccurate currently (e.g. the Horn and Thunder Armor).

I actually think that its okay for Pokemon's anime to be innaccurate as it actually applies logic when some things in the games don't make sense. Besides the Horn and Thunder Armor were part of the original series and the Advanced Generation (Hoenn) respectivley, those aren't current.

Back