Why doesn't Mario have his own anime ?

superjeff64 said:
Scrub Jay said:
Pokemon, from what I've heard from, is pretty bad and inaccurate currently (e.g. the Horn and Thunder Armor).

I actually think that its okay for Pokemon's anime to be innaccurate as it actually applies logic when some things in the games don't make sense. Besides the Horn and Thunder Armor were part of the original series and the Advanced Generation (Hoenn) respectivley, those aren't current.

They so do make sense. These are Nintendo games, therefore regular logic does not apply. You have to use Nintendo logic.
Besides, when have a turtle with pipes growing out of its shell or an electric mouse EVER made sense?

Back on topic, I'm still saying that, looking back at previous attempts at Mario anime/cartoons, he should definitely NOT have another go at it.

Well, in Pokemon, we get stuff like Pikachu hurting Onix with electric attacks.

Besides, when have a turtle with pipes growing out of its shell or an electric mouse EVER made sense?[/quote]
OK you got me there, but there's still plenty of things in the games that don't make sense, you don't need to feed your Pokemon, you can give them drinks to replenish their HP, but that's about it, whereas in the anime, pokemon are treated as pets and given food once in a while (unless they're kept in their pokeball). And there's the matter of pokemon battles, I believe in the Johto League that Ash's Charizard was able to feel a ground type attack from Gary's Goleom whereas in the games that would be impossible as flying types are immune to ground attacks, the reason Charizard felt Goleom's attacks because it was standing on the ground, had it been flying in the air, it would've been immune. That's why I find it acceptable for Pokemon to not be 100% faithful to the games as the anime applies logic.

Scrub Jay said:
Well, in Pokemon, we get stuff like Pikachu hurting Onix with electric attacks.
That's because the gym's sprinklers weakened Onyx and charged Pikachu's electric which makes sense because rock pokemon are weak against water and water conducts electicity.

Unless it is deprived of its minerals, but that's another topic.

Electric itself shouldn't hurt Onix, though. I still don't get the "logic" in the sprinkler thing.

Besides, flying pokemon shouldn't be affected by lightning anyway.

The Onix thing doesn't make sense at all, even with the sprinkler theory. If you used Rain Dance and tried Thunderbolt on an Onix it still wouldn't work. Since the games came before the anime, shouldn't we say the ANIME doesn't make sense compared to the games? The anime should follow Nintendo logic since it's based off of the games.

schmutz said:
The Onix thing doesn't make sense at all, even with the sprinkler theory. If you used Rain Dance and tried Thunderbolt on an Onix it still wouldn't work. Since the games came before the anime, shouldn't we say the ANIME doesn't make sense compared to the games? The anime should follow Nintendo logic since it's based off of the games.

Again, moves like Grass Knot (tripping your opponent for high damage?) doesn't make any sense either.

Watching a turn based battle in TV sounds kind of boring too.

Okay fine hurf durf let's ignore the fact that Mario has already had some anime and the reasons it wasn't successful.

The reason Mario "doesn't" have an anime is because it's too difficult to find a particular setting consistent enough to use on a regular basis.

I thought the Mario cartoons were ok. They did entertain me and I appreciated the fact. It would be cool to see Mario characters pre-rendered like in the Mario Power Tennis opening more. The Mario Power Tennis opening rocked.

Uh, the Super Mario-kun makes some characters look like freaks such as Bowser, Toad, Starlow, and Baby Luigi. I know it's just a style, but I find it...weird.

Super Mario-Kun makes the characters look very...cute. I don't know if people would like that style

It's too difficult to make a Mario anime that everybody(if not nobody) will like. Because of the great amounts of things the marioverse implies.
But if they do, they got to use this:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Super+Mario+bros+page+1#/d11ocer
the art belongs to Nintendrawer

I like her art style, but it is not anime.

Cosmopolitan said:
I like her art style, but it is not anime.
i mean the dialogues and jokes! They are pretty awesome! And will fit well on an anime. I know cause i am an otaku! :P

I think it would also be funny if the Mario anime's jokes were Bobobo bobo Bo-bo styled: random humor.

Cosmopolitan said:
I think it would also be funny if the Mario anime's jokes were Bobobo bobo Bo-bo styled: random humor.
sounds good!, in her comic there's a part where luigi wants to have a piss in the bushes but the bush has eyes! X.x and when they finally find a toilet... It has eyes!!?
Luigi: please close your eyes...

- + ToD + - said:
Cosmopolitan said:
sounds good!, in her comic there's a part where luigi wants to have a piss in the bushes but the bush has eyes! X.x and when they finally find a toilet... It has eyes!!?

LOL, a reference to how every single darn object has eyes in the Marioverse

Cosmopolitan said:
- + ToD + - said:
LOL, a reference to how every single darn object has eyes in the Marioverse
Have you seen this?

Anyway I think it's kind of cute that every thing has eyes. More things should have eyes IMO.

it's not a bad idea

although there was an old anime Super Shows

many characters including old faces (DK, Birdo) and new faces (Daisy, Wario bros, Yoshi, Toadette)

but you have to compare the condition with the examples you took

one is that the old Super shows was made in USA (DIC)

the othe two were in Japan, mostly owing to their thriving entertainment of local anime

I think Mario is more apt for American or European style, but knowing whether Nintendo would do if they really have th plan

another is the plot

the two examples just have a big problem, that they contains a lot of original characters and plot

though new elements make game fans more fresh senses

but original anime characters would make less relevant with the original games

which ends up with that they still can't appear in the main games, being pitiful or reversely hated that they shouldn't appear

for example, Tiff and her family in Kirby anime, Chris and his friends in Sonic anime

but Mario series have many characters and even a concrete story in Paper series

so if the directors and playwrights deliberated, they wouldn't need original elements at all

Dorayaki said:
it's not a bad idea

although there was an old anime Super Shows

many characters including old faces (DK, Birdo) and new faces (Daisy, Wario bros, Yoshi, Toadette)

but you have to compare the condition with the examples you took

one is that the old Super shows was made in USA (DIC)

the othe two were in Japan, mostly owing to their thriving entertainment of local anime

I think Mario is more apt for American or European style, but knowing whether Nintendo would do if they really have th plan

another is the plot

the two examples just have a big problem, that they contains a lot of original characters and plot

though new elements make game fans more fresh senses

but original anime characters would make less relevant with the original games

which ends up with that they still can't appear in the main games, being pitiful or reversely hated that they shouldn't appear

for example, Tiff and her family in Kirby anime, Chris and his friends in Sonic anime

but Mario series have many characters and even a concrete story in Paper series

so if the directors and playwrights deliberated, they wouldn't need original elements at all
That doesn't change the fact that it isn't a great marketing idea and a good way to lose time.
Nintendo will rather use their time to do more games and make a fortune than make an anime/cartoon series that not everybody will like(for many many reasons)
and only get a mid-term profit.
I would personally love to watch one. But i know a lot of people will hate it too. And they need to think about the whole picture, not a reduced fan circle.

Whenever I watch a movie, I can usually see no flaws in it, just mostly like the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. And believe me, Camelot is awesome at creating cutscenes. Mario Golf Toadstool Tour's and Mario Power Tennis's openings (not to mention bloopers) are pure gold.

Cosmopolitan said:
Whenever I watch a movie, I can usually see no flaws in it, just mostly like the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. And believe me, Camelot is awesome at creating cutscenes. Mario Golf Toadstool Tour's and Mario Power Tennis's openings (not to mention bloopers) are pure gold.
Are you saying the Super Mario Super Show wasn't flawed?

And I loved the intro to Mario Power Tennis. It'd be great to have something longer like that.

Filburt Turtle said:
Cosmopolitan said:
Are you saying the Super Mario Super Show wasn't flawed?

And I loved the intro to Mario Power Tennis. It'd be great to have something longer like that.

Well, in my perspective, I praised it more than criticized it. I'm always this type of person. I do it all the time with video games, books, movies, etc. Sure, the Super Show has its flaws, but I mostly enjoyed it.

The Mario Power Tennis intro was better than the later Mario cutscenes/intros combined (eg Super Sluggers, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Sports Mix). At least there is little dialogue between Waluigi and Wario (Waluigi: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, heh heh heh, he walks funny. Wario: Oh SHUT UP!)

Smugleaf said:
He did. It was called the Super Mario Bros. Show. It sucked.
Uh, no, t was called Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen! Or "The Great Mission to Save Princess Peach!"

There was also the three-episode Super Mario anime.

I've never seen either one, but I'm guessing they're pretty weird, since it's an anime.

Back