Famous people you've met

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Have you met anyone famous? I don't know if this goes here, or Entertainment and Media. Buy anyway, I've met:

Nils Lofgren
Garry Tallent
Jake Clemons

Define 'met'

Absolutely no one. Beyonce's saxophone player or something visited the band at our school, but that's pretty much it.

Yeah, I think this might be better suited for the entertainment board.

Anyway, I think I've met someone famous before, but I can't recall who.

It was me.

Mark Webber (Formula 1 driver), Jake Humphrey (BBC Formula 1 presenter) (anyone noticing a theme here?), Floella Benjamin (British actress, television presenter etc.) and Peter Bone (my town's MP).

the closest i've been to obama is about a meter

If you mean "met" as in seen in person, then:

"Weird Al" Yankovic (and his band)
Billy Ray Cyrus
Brandon Mull (author of Fablehaven books)
Dee Bradley Baker (Guy who's done a lot of dabbling in voice acting, took a picture with me at Disney during Star Wars weekends)
Dave Gahan, Martin Gore, and Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode
Jack Sigler Jr. from the band Mercy (one-hit wonder for the song "Love (Can Make You Happy)")
Tom Birdseye (author)

I'm probably missing a few I can't think of off the top of my head. I know I met some other authors in 2nd grade besides Tom Birdseye but don't remember their names.

Met as in, seeing in person, I've met: Darren Criss, Ringo Starr, Andrew Hussie, Matt Bellamy, Dom Howard, Michael Cera, and Chris Wolstenhome.

I actually shook Hussie's hand though.

Red Barchetta said:
I've seen The Beach Boys in person.

As for actually met, I've met Ovide M. Lamontagne, who's running for Governor of New Hampshire. Really really nice guy.

Didn't you meet another band too? I forget the name of them, but one of their members passed away recently.

SpinyMaster said:
Ringo Starr

luckyyyyyyy

Nabber said:
MCS said:
"Weird Al" Yankovic (and his band)
lucky bastard

saw him twice too 8)

If were's talking about just seen in person, I've seen Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band live three times (soon to be four).

Oh I was also in the same room as Robert Downey, Jr. at Comic-Con when he was promoting Iron Man 3

former prime minister Kevin Rudd was in the local shopping plaza at the same time I was about a year and a half ago, so I've "met" him.

Back