Favorite bands/musicians

MCS

Donkey Kong
So there's a thread for your favorite song. But for you people like me who can't pick just one favorite song, who are some of your favorite bands/musicians? For me, I'd say Foreigner, Led Zeppelin, Foster the People, Rush, and Primus, to name a few.

I just made a list for a something like this a couple of days ago on another forum, so here it is:

-Nirvana
-R.E.M.
-Foo Fighters
-Linkin Park
-Paramore
-Queen
-The Who
-Rush
-Soundgarden
-The Police
-Aerosmith
-Pearl Jam
-Alice in Chains
-Coldplay
-The Killers
-Bon Jovi
-Boston
-The Rolling Stones
-Michael Jackson
-System of a Down
-Weezer
-U2
-AC/DC
-Green Day
-The Beatles
-Foreigner

I've been meaning to do a countdown list of my favorite bands/musicians, but ah well, might as well name a few right off the top of my head along with my favorite songs by them.

The Beatles - "Blackbird", "In My Life", "Two of Us"
The Byrds - "Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There is a Season)", "5D (Fifth Dimension)", "Eight Miles High", "Mr. Spaceman", "So You Want to Be a Rock and Roll Star", "My Back Pages", "All I Really Want to Do"
Three Dog Night - "An Old-Fashioned Love Song", "The Show Must Go On", "Out in the Country", "Shambala", "Liar"
Tommy James and the Shondells - "I Think We're Alone Now", "Mirage", "Crimson and Clover", "Draggin' the Line" (solo)
The Monkees - "Daydream Believer", "I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone", "Pleasant Valley Sunday"
Electric Light Orchestra - "Wild West Hero", "The Diary of Horace Wimp", "Mr. Blue Sky", "Telephone Line"
The Moody Blues - "Tuesday Afternoon (Forever Afternoon)", "Go Now!", "Voices in the Sky", "I'm Just a Singer (in a Rock and Roll Band)"
Boston - "Foreplay/Long Time", "Don't Look Back", "Let Me Take You Home Tonight"
Jim Croce - "I Got a Name", "Lover's Cross", "Alabama Rain", "Bad Bad Leroy Brown"
Soundgarden - "Black Hole Sun", "Spoonman", "Let Me Drown"
R.E.M. - "Losing My Religion", "Near Wild Heaven", "The One I Love", "It's The End of The World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)"
Tom Petty - "I Won't Back Down", "Yer So Bad", "Depending On You"
Jethro Tull - "Aqualung", "Bungle in the Jungle", "Thick as a Brick"
Coldplay - "Mylo Xyloto/Hurts Like Heaven", "Politik", "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall", "Clocks", "The Scientist", "Viva la Vida"
Queen - "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy", "Play the Game", "Under Pressure"
The Who - "My Generation", "Won't Get Fooled Again", "You Better You Bet"

^this guy knows

but if you couldn't guess right away, let me make a long, massive list of my favourite artists and bands.

Muse
Elbow
My Chemical Romance
Paramore
The Killers
Eminem
Take That
Madness
ELO
Radiohead
The Who
Led Zeppelin
Queen
Mika
Soundgarden
U2
The Beatles
Kiss
ACDC
Cold Play
Aerosmith
The Eagles
Supertramp
Robbie Williams
Athlete
Maroon 5
Scouting for Girls
Arctic Monkeys
The Script
The Smashing Pumpkins
ABBA

The list goes on. I would cite more, but it's like 5 am here, and I'm stuck awake after looking after the dog

Blind Guardian
Rhapsody of Fire
Epica
Future World Music
Beck
Edwin Starr
Michael Jackson
KARA
Utada Hikaru
David Phelps
Jamie Grace
Unsun
E.S. Posethemus(sp?)
Selena Gomez
Stan Bush

Generally love all of their music, or atleast most of it.

It's Posthumus, I think.

My top two favorite bands are definitely Coldplay and The Killers.

Other bands I enjoy listening to include:

Muse
Linkin Park
30 Seconds to Mars
Relient K
Paramore
Florence + The Machine
Modest Mouse
AWOLNation

And a few more I can't recall.

-Disturbed
-AC/DC
-Pink Floyd
-Black Label Society
-Nirvana
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Black Sabbath/Heaven & Hell
-Clutch

AC/DC, The Beatles, Muse, Rise Against, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Florence + the Machine, Aerosmith, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, Pantera, Metallica, Skillet, System of a Down, The Monkees, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Blur, and Bloc Party are among the bands I listen to every day.

Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Aly and A.J. (hardly listen to them), Carrie Underwood, Katy Perry, Rascal Flatts, Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Selena Gomez, Demi Lavato.

No particular order.

well I think I'm going to jump off a bridge now

also in regards to the topic I don't really like bands in particular but Weird Al is good.

*Looks at Queen Boo, then hands her a package.*

Here you go.

*runs away from Queen boo, evading the imminent explosion*

[me=Queen Boo]Throws the package[/me]

I can listen to what I want!!! I grew up with Country and I will listen to what I want!

And I'm tempted to start cussing.

Like I said, I can listen to what I want!!!
[me=Queen Boo]Tries to hold back insults[/me]

I'm not joking!
It's a free country meaning I can have my own tastes in music and my own opinions!
:mad:
:mad:

Queen Boo said:
[me=Queen Boo]Throws the package[/me]

I can listen to what I want!!! I grew up with Country and I will listen to what I want!

And I'm tempted to start cussing.

Like I said, I can listen to what I want!!!
[me=Queen Boo]Tries to hold back insults[/me]

First of all, don't try and censor yourself with saying "cussing", sweetheart, say swearing, or at least cursing.

Next, we're not trying to tell you what to listen to, listen to whatever the fuck you want, we just want to get out before you play that shit.

Finally, if you have a quarrel in one thread, don't go bitching about it in another.

While I don't really like any artist on her list (with the exception of Rascal Flatts), I don't really think we should be bothering her/teasing her/whatever you're doing about her music tastes. :|

Back