Are we looking at a new Mario and Luigi title soon?

shockwave527

SHINX, TEPIG & CHESPIN: BEST POKEMON EVER
:mario: :luigi:

Here is a list I compiled of the different Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi RPGs, which alternate in release.
PM 2000 August Japan/2001 February NA
ML 2003 November NA
PM 2004 July Japan/October NA
ML 2005 November NA
PM 2007 April NA
ML 2009 February Japan/November NA
PM 2012 Holiday

Now, it looks like we should hopefully be expecting a new Mario and Luigi title soon. What do you guys think? What do you want to see in it? Should it be in 3D? Tell your thoughts, and if you have any idea of when it might be announced/released based on this info!

Also, post any ideas you have for a new M&L game.

My idea:
Mario and Luigi: Parallel adventures. Something happens transporting Mario and Luigi into a parallel universe where they must team up with Yellow and Blue toad to affect the other universes and save the world from whatever is destroying the border. You go to mirrors which allow you to save and also switch between the two story lines. However, The Toad Bros team up with Bowser, who you can switch between them and him in battle, while the Mario Bros team up with someone from the other dimension named Morph, who can turn into pretty much anything. He then transforms into an orange mario bro, introducing the swap system. Each battle allows a certain amount of people in it, and, by using up a move, you can switch between people, but you cannot do this when your health is low. Mario, Luigi and the Toads take up one space, bowser takes up 3 (or whatever the maximum is), and morph can either be a bro and take up 1 or something bowser-esque and take up 2-3.

Waluigi and Wario as partners. Definitely a great idea.

I know how it is due to Nintendo's stubborness. Still, Alphadream gave us Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, which was probably the best idea ever

Baby Luigi said:
I know how it is due to Nintendo's stubborness. Still, Alphadream gave us Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, which was probably the best idea ever
That's weird I was pretty sure Nintendo created baby Luigi and Baby Mario :P

Marshal Dan Troop said:
Baby Luigi said:
That's weird I was pretty sure Nintendo created baby Luigi and Baby Mario :P

Well, that's one of the best things ever made (next to Wario, who is the king of any creations out there), but the idea was one of the best ever.

But AlphaDream came up with that idea. I keep praising them for that.

I think this topic was posted. May you search for that?

Baby Luigi said:
Waluigi and Wario as partners. Definitely a great idea.
Maybe we have to get a Waluigi in the upcoming Warioware game before considering this.

Lumin Blade said:
You forgot Super Mario RPG.
This game is released in 1996.

Yes, but that was never really continued in it's own series. It started them both and branched off, but this was to show the alternation between the current series of titles.

I'd like to see the Shroobs return as the primary antagonists in a later Mario and Luigi title. If not the next one, perhaps sometime in the near future.

I've been dreaming about a M&L game where Peach is also a playable character, somewhat like Bowser was in M&L: BiS. I don't know why, and it's very far-fetched, so I doubt it'll happen.

Well, if they are keeping the schedule in order as they did with the previous three, then they'll announce it in the next few months to E3 time. M&L: BiS was the reason I even joined the wiki, and where I contributed a lot of my time and efforts on, so I really do hope they make a fourth.

I hope Fawful comes back somehow in it too. He can be some sort of spirit or ghost, or...nah, I'm spectulating too much.

I'd also like Peach as playable character. I'm actually sick of her getting kidnapped in the Mario and Luigi series. I mean, she suddenly went from damsel to hero in Super Princess Peach without much reason, so why not again?

Bane said:
I'd also like Peach as playable character. I'm actually sick of her getting kidnapped in the Mario and Luigi series. I mean, she suddenly went from damsel to hero in Super Princess Peach without much reason, so why not again?
UH, aren't you comparing with the original SMB series games? It's more direct to make Peach playable in NSMBU while M&L stress on the brothers.

If M&L is also based on SMB formula, I guess it's more important to debug it first. And I'd like see two princesses together as double teams.

Back