The Nickelodeon discussion thread

MCS

Donkey Kong
Personally, I thought Nickelodeon was pretty damn good at a point. Old-school SpongeBob was great, All That was great, and so were Ned's Declassified, Drake & Josh, and Rugrats, when I watched Nickelodeon when I was little, and I'll admit, a few years later, even the first few iCarlys were great.

But now, ever since 2010/2011 (maybe even going as far back as 2009), Nickelodeon's been all about quantity instead of quality. You might not realize it off the bat, but they are making much too many new shows, and STILL more in the works that are upcoming (seven live action shows and eight animated). They even got to the point of making so many new shows that they couldn't keep up with all of them, and had to cancel several of them (Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures, and that Power Rangers show, for one).

I, in all honesty, dislike Nickelodeon now. Not even SpongeBob is good anymore. The only thing that I can stand is that new Avatar show. It seems like a decent reboot and is actually quite good.

And on another note, iCarly is being canceled in November, and they're making TWO spinoffs to take its place, which sound horrible by the premises; Sam & Cat, and a show called Gibby based on the namesake character from iCarly.

That's it for my rant. What is your opinion on Nickelodeon?

Official Kids' Choice Awards thread

Re: Your opinions on Nickelodeon

Avatar: The Last Airbender was the last good show on Nick. Luckily it was an awesome way to go out, but it's still a shame.

I gave up on Nickelodeon awhile ago. But I will go to the Nicktoons channel if an old spongebob or Dragon Ball Z Kai is on.

The only thing I care about on Nickelodeon right now (As in that still currently airs) is Legend of Korra and that's it.

Northern Verve said:
The only thing I care about on Nickelodeon right now is Legend of Korra and that's it.

Like I already said, I feel the same way. Some of these shows make me want to throw up. Fred: The Show? As if three movies weren't enough for that idiot.

I do watch the TeenNick channel tho because they play Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, and Ned's Declassified.

Haven't watched Nickelodeon in forever, mostly because I prefer the Canadian channel for cartoons, YTV. My fondest memories of the channel would probably be the game shows like Double Dare and Figure It Out.

Also, am I the only one that likes iCarly?

I don't really watch Nick anymore. It was much better before. Same goes for Cartoon Network, although they're still going strong for the most part IMO and I still watch it (if I'm even watching T.V., which I don't do much of anymore).

*observes MCS's rant*
Wait, when did Nick have a Power Rangers show? Also, iCarly is being cancelled? And there are two new spinoffs of it? why

Angry Beavers was the best Nicktoon. Still is.

GreenDisaster said:
Haven't watched Nickelodeon in forever, mostly because I prefer the Canadian channel for cartoons, YTV. My fondest memories of the channel would probably be the game shows like Double Dare and Figure It Out.

It got ridiculous too fast.

And god those spinoffs sound horrible.

And for the none of you wondering, Sam & Cat will involve Sam Puckett from iCarly and Cat Valentine from Victorious as roommates.

I'm not a huge fan of either but I can stand iCarly and Victorious. Everything else is bad, which is a shame as I used to love Nickelodeon.

"The final line in the session is Norb and Daggett saying "April Fools!". Whether this indicates the episode is an April Fools prank on the audience or whether the recording session itself is an April Fools joke is not clear. If the latter, then Wright's claim that Nickelodeon hated the episode would be a continuation of that joke. Only 62 episodes have been produced."

I dislike Nickeldeon because they cancel Angry Beavers and Invader Zim

GreenDisaster said:
My fondest memories of the channel would probably be the game shows like Double Dare and Figure It Out.

they brought back figure it out

just letting you know

Also, I should mention the shows I liked. The old Spongebob was great. I still watch Fairly Odd Parents whenever it's on. I also liked Ned's Declassified, but I was probably a little too young to enjoy it as much as I probably would now. I still watched Cartoon Network a bit more though. I personally think Cartoon Network is better than Nick, but I don't want to rant about it too much in this thread.

GreenDisaster said:
I sort of liked it.

GreenDisaster said:
And for the none of you wondering, Sam & Cat will involve Sam Puckett from iCarly and Cat Valentine from Victorious as roommates.
[sarcasm]this show sounds amazing[/sarcasm]

okay now for my opinion in a few short words

why can't we just call this year 1999+13

so we can still live in the 90's

with all these GOOD shows

I've always found Ned's Declassified and Drake & Josh to be the best shows on Nickelodeon, alongside with shows like Catscratch, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Rugrats and Fairly OddParents. Probably missing a few others.

I did prefer Cartoon Network, though.

I just forgot about Catscratch and I used to watch Rugrats wjen I was young, I watched all episodes of it

By the way, to add to that rant; I find it really stupid that Fred was originally just this poor boy trying to do a YouTube series, then Nickelodeon makes him a guest star in iCarly, and they make him THREE movies and a TV show, and a guest star in that crappy show Supah Ninjas. That's a little over the top for just some internet celebrity.

I swear though, I think Nickelodeon got whacked in the head with something hard

GreenDisaster said:

The first few episodes were great. Now it sucks ass.

Stone Cold Steve Austin said:
okay now for my opinion in a few short words

why can't we just call this year 1999+13

so we can still live in the 90's

with all these GOOD shows

hell yeah

Red Barchetta said:
Fairly OddParents.

I forgot to mention that's another good thing on Nickelodeon. Surprisingly, the new episodes are pretty good. I always liked it.

Mariomario64 said:
Wait, when did Nick have a Power Rangers show?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_Samurai

It was horrible anyway. Did I say it was canceled? That was a mistake on my part.

Smasher said:
I'm not a huge fan of either but I can stand iCarly and Victorious. Everything else is bad, which is a shame as I used to love Nickelodeon.

Forgot to mention Korra, though I've only seen three episodes.

Adding on to the second part, Nick was a major part of my childhood. Shows like Ned's Declassified, Avatar, the older Spongebob, Angry Beavers, Drake & Josh, CatDog, Rugrats, Zoey 101, Teenage Robot, Danny Phantom, Fairly OddParents, Jimmy Neutron, and as I got older, Ren & Stimpy and Invader Zim...I loved them all. It's a shame that Nick's just not good at all anymore.

I've always hated Ren & Stimpy with a passion. The show's brand of humor is... well, the kind of humor I just don't like. I did grow up on shows like Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Odd Parents, etc., but Ren & Stimpy was something I never got behind.

I mean, at least Disney Channel and Cartoon Network are currently not too bad. Well, sure, Disney Channel dropped some great shows, but I do enjoy The Suite Life on Deck and Good Luck Charlie. They aren't too bad, actually.

There's also The HUB (Though some may not be able to get it)

It's worth it for Friendship is Magic. And of course for any Batman fans it also shows re-runs of Batman: The Animated Series.

Northern Verve said:
There's also The HUB (Though some may not be able to get it)

It's worth it for Friendship is Magic. And of course for any Batman fans it also shows re-runs of Batman: The Animated Series.

Yeah, the Hub is pretty sweet. They show some good, older shows, and even classic movies sometimes.

The only shows I still like to watch are Total Drama and Friendship is Magic. (the latter I haven't in a while, but I'm sure I'll start watching it more often again when season 3 comes around)

Probably Korra too if I could remember to watch it. :V

I don't mind Adventure Time or Regular Show either, though I don't usually watch them unless I have nothing better to do.

Back