V2W: Hardest Video Game Level (Round 1: Band vs. True Arena, Hijinks vs. Moving)

Re: V2W: Hardest Video Game Level (Round 1: Omega vs. VVV, Passage vs. Sacred)

World 6-5 "Omega": 0
Veni Vidi Vici: 1

Perilous Passage: 0
Sacred Grounds: 1

World 6-5 "Omega": 0
Veni Vidi Vici: 2

Sacred Grounds: 2

World 6-5 "Omega": 1

Aghh this level was so damn long, one slip up and you'd have to restart the entire thing.

Sacred Grounds: 2

World 6-5 "Omega": 2

Sacred Grounds: 3

So, uh, the Sacred Grounds trounce the Perilous Passage, while World 6-5 "Omega" and Veni Vidi Vici go into overtime. While I'm here, I suppose I'll explain the overtime rules for this game: only people who have not voted on the match can vote when it's in overtime.

In addition to our overtime, we have Kamek's Revenge from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, the penultimate extra level where Kamek tries to attack Yoshi personally, vs. the Great Bay Temple from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, containing a complex network of pipes. Then we have The Perfect Run from Super Mario Galaxy 2, where Mario must beat Grandmaster Galaxy with just one health, against Jagged Jewels from Donkey Kong Country Returns, where the Kongs must pass many spiky jewels.

[size=18pt]Round 1: Matchup 5 Overtime

0.jpg
vs.
mqdefault.jpg

[size=18pt]Round 1: Matchups 7 and 8

KameksRevenge.png
vs.
Great_Bay_Temple_1.jpg

Platform_Planet_Grandmaster.jpg
vs.
JaggedJewels.png

Kamek's Revenge: 0
Great Bay Temple: 0

The Perfect Run: 0
Jagged Jewels: 0

Hopefully we can get back on schedule if these matchups can finish in about 12 hours.

Great Bay Temple: 0

The Perfect Run: 1

Not voting for two of them since I have not played them.

Re: V2W: Hardest Video Game Level (Round 1: Overtime, Kamek vs. Bay, Run vs. Jewels)

World 6-5 "Omega": 3

Random vote

Great Bay Temple: 1

The Perfect Run: 2

World 6-5 "Omega": 3

^i'd just like to mention that veni vidi vici is about five rooms and took me a couple of hours. i guess it probably takes shorter for better gamers, but it is extremely hard.

Great Bay Temple: 2

The Perfect Run: 3

Re: V2W: Hardest Video Game Level (Round 1: Overtime, Kamek vs. Bay, Run vs. Jewels)

Great Bay Temple: 3

The Perfect Run: 4

I'm going to make a really educated guess here and say that The Perfect Run might win this V2W.

I never really got to the prefect run because I was not bothered to get all the green stars. Jagged Jewels would make a very close contest if it was on mirror mode.

I never bothered to unlock the secret levels in Yoshi's Island and haven't played Majora's Mask so staying off the first one

The Perfect Run: 5

So, much to my dismay, World 6-5 beats Veni Vidi Vici. Great Bay Temple and The Perfect Run also win against Kamek's Revenge and Jagged Jewels, respectively. Also, I'd like to ask everyone to keep all the ongoing matches in your posts, please. Thanks.

Next up, we have Super Mario World's Special World, which is unlocked through a secret Star Road in the secret Star World, and includes eight funky levels, against Blast & Bounce, another Donkey Kong Country Returns level, where the Kongs had to, well, blast around and bounce a bit. Also, we have the Super Gravitron from VVVVVV, which is unlocked through the Secret Lab after collecting all of the trinkets, and features many enemies flying at you from all sides of the screen, against Grunty Industries from Banjo-Tooie, which featured a lot of pollution and heavy industry, and intricate level design.

[size=18pt]Round 1: Matchups 9 and 10

SpecialZone_SMW.png
vs.
250px-BlastBounce.png

VVVVVV_-_Super_Gravitron.png
vs.
270px-Grunty_Industries_entry.png

Special World: 0
Blast & Bounce: 0

Super Gravitron: 0
Grunty Industries: 0

Re: V2W: Hardest Video Game Level (Round 1: Special vs. Blast, Gravitron vs. Grunty)

Special World: 1

Super Gravitron: 0
Grunty Industries: 1

Re: V2W: Hardest Video Game Level (Round 1: Special vs. Blast, Gravitron vs. Grunty)

Special World: 2

Super Gravitron: 1

Rolf said:
So, much to my dismay

If it makes you feel better, it made me happy!

Blast & Bounce: 1

Grunty Industries: 2

Special World: 3

Grunty Industries: 2

Special World: 4

Super Graviton: 1
Grunty Industries: 3

Okay, so the Special World trounces Blast & Bounce, and, again, much to my dismay, the Super Gravitron loses to Grunty Industries (YOU GUYS SHOULD PLAY VVVVVV).

And next up, we have Super Mario 3D Land's Special 8-3, a timed level based on the World 5 castle, against the Lost Jungle from Sonic Heroes, a swamp level with an alligator. Then we have Ravenholm from Half-Life, a former mining town, against Rusty Bucket Bay from Banjo-Kazooie, which featured a lot of pollution and a cargo ship.

[size=18pt]Round 1: Matchups 11 and 12

default.jpg
vs.
Lostjungle.jpg

250px-Ravenholm_view.jpg
vs.
270px-Rusty_Bucket_Bay_entry.png

Special 8-3: 0
Lost Jungle: 0

Ravenholm: 0
Rusty Bucket Bay: 0

Lost Jungle: 1

Close but I was never able to pass Lost Jungle as a kid. (If there was no alligator, to would be a no contest Special 8-3 win)

Rusty Bucket Bay: 1

^Everyone talks about Bucket Bay being hard

I hatee that Aligator

Lost Jungle: 2

Rusty Bucket Bay: 2

Special 8-3: 1

Rusty Bucket Bay: 3

Special 8-3: 2

Ravenholm: 1
Rusty Bucket Bay: 3

Back