Bob Hoskins diagnosed with Parkinsons

Ghost Jam

A call to action? A call to arms!
Retired Wiki Staff
A guessed that this should go here as it's a Marioverse thing. I also posted this to the talk page of the Hoskins article.

Today, Bob Hoskins went on record saying that he had been diagnosed with Parkinsons disease and would be retiring from acting. I wasn't sure if this was information that would be relevant for the article, but it's surely of interest to fellow Mario fans. Actually, more than just Mario fans, he's a great actor outside of his Mario performance, I thought he was pretty good in Snow White & the Huntsman.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/08/entertainment-us-bobhoskins-parkinsons-idUSBRE8771B620120808?feedType=RSS

That is pretty sad. I liked his role in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? :(

Now this is just a massive knife in my day. Bob Hoskins is such a brilliant actor, and now he's never going to act again. My prayers are with you Bob. :'(

^Parkinson's doesn't get better. It gets worse.

Bane said:
and now he's never going to act again

Not necessarily true. Michael J Fox got Parkinsons way back in 1991 and he kept acting for a while. Recently he's just done voice acting though.

Paper Jorge said:
Bane said:

Not necessarily true. Michael J Fox got Parkinsons way back in 1991 and he kept acting for a while. Recently he's just done voice acting though.
But he stated that he'dbe retiring from acting.

oh well damn sorry didnt read article

at least he'll leave us with a great legacy of movies.

Paper Jorge said:
oh well damn sorry didnt read article

at least he'll leave us with a great legacy of movies.
This sucks ass. Long life to the great Bob Hoskins and God bless him for that hilarious quote the wiki censored several years ago.

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
This sucks ass. Long life to the great Bob Hoskins and God bless him for that hilarious quote the wiki censored several years ago.
We never censored that.

heh but we had a big dispute over it when the entire wiki was filled of toddlers

Paper Jorge said:
heh but we had a big dispute over it when the entire wiki was filled of toddlers
4.KS3 (Talk) This is his opinion, it's okay to have an opinion on something. It's not like Bob Hoskins is going to come to the Super Mario Wiki and vandalize this, so it's okay. And he didn't criticize the movie or anything, he just criticized the production (AKA per Grandy). Per all. I LAWLED so hard when I read that! Those were the days on the wiki. Those were the days.

Tree Fiddy said:
Paper Jorge said:
Bane said:

But he stated that he'dbe retiring from acting.

Interestingly, 11 days following this post, it was announced that Michael J Fox would be producing and staring in a sitcom based on his life called The Michael J. Fox Show. It'll be premiering tomorrow night. I'm not one for sitcoms, but I think I'll be watching the pilot.

To bring this back around to the topic.....well Fox is farther along in his illness than Hoskins. Management thereof not withstanding, I'd day Hoskins might be able to pull a Fox if he really wanted to and do some amazing things.

Apparently Billy Conolly is also showing early symptoms of Parkinson's. He's also just come out of an operation for prostate cancer. He said that he's going to return to acting despite the disease, so that's good.

Back