We NEED a 3D Donkey Kong game

SuperNick3DLand

nickicksbutt7 on the main SuperMarioWiki
Donkey Kong 64 really needs a sequel, just the vast gameplay that DK64 had shows me that another 3D Donkey Kong game could be amazing!

A 3D DK game for Wii U would be awesome.

Multiplayer/Online, new challenges, new enemies.

Please Nintendo make this game.

Anyone got ideas? :dk:

I remember that the problem is the whole schedule, not just a 3D game.

Unless you misunderstood that Nintendo were goning to make New DK bros 2 and New DK bros WiiU this year.

As 3D game is a genre of platformer, don't regard the next DK 3D as the old one, just like the difference between Galaxy and Sunshine.

Lanky and Chunky should be playable. Swanky Kong need to return.
Playable: Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Tiny, Lanky, Chunky
Semi-Playable: Funky (Random chance: Playable or NPC)
Non-Playable: Cranky, Candy, Wrinkly, Swanky(He had a cameo appearance in MSB)

manasword said:
Lanky and Chunky should be playable. Swanky Kong need to return.
Playable: Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Tiny, Lanky, Chunky
Semi-Playable: Funky (Random chance: Playable or NPC)
Non-Playable: Cranky, Candy, Wrinkly, Swanky(He had a cameo appearance in MSB)
I will agree to this completely.

I wouldn't mind if DK64 got remade for the 3DS. It's the least I'm asking for.

Baby Luigi said:
The minimum requirement almost equal to that saying goodbye to DK seires.

BanjoSmash said:
True that!! And bring back everyone from DK64 for an epic reunion.
I agree, I always wanted to play DK64.

ToxBox, every time you recommend people to get X console to play Y game, I wonder, how much consoles and games do you have already?

A DK64 port would be great (although I'd like to see a Majora's Mask port first). I would actually prefer a whole new DK game on Wii U, one that isn't a sidescroller. Now that I think of it, DK64 is really one of a kind for the DK series. There aren't any other 3D DK games with huge, explorable worlds.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm starting to feel that every great game for the N64 will somehow end up as a remake on the 3DS

Majin Buu said:
Baby Luigi said:
I'm starting to feel that every great game for the N64 will somehow end up as a remake on the 3DS
Well, I doubt there will be a Banjo-Tooie 3D, but you could otherwise be right.

Magikrazy said:
Sorry, BanjoSmash. I'm just being realistic.

Yeah, you weren't be hurtful at all. Rare sucks these days.

Frankly, I'd rather have a 3D Donkey Kong game that's based more on the 3D Mario platformers, instead of the Banjo-Kazooie series.

MnSG said:
Frankly, I'd rather have a 3D Donkey Kong game instead of the Banjo-Kazooie series.
Uh, that's because BK series is not a formal Nintendo subseries while DK is still ongoing. We don't know if Microsoft subteams are willing to make sequels or "return" them to DK or Mario games.

We knew the problem of Diddy racing was why Diddy met the "new friends" of different species that never appeared in the whole Marioverse. That's why it's hard to make them return.

Well, Donkey Kong 64 operated in a highly similar manner as Banjo-Kazooie, but instead of Jiggies you had to hunt for Golden Bananas.

If any 3D Donkey Kong games are ever planned, they should be platformer-styled, similar to what Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 3D Land offered.

I liked the collect-o-rama of DK64. It was fun and it made levels explorable.

Also, they offered more playable characters in one 3D platformer, compared to all 3D Mario platformer, where you can only play as only :mario: or :luigi:

Majin Buu said:
Also, they offered more playable characters in one 3D platformer, compared to all 3D Mario platformer, where you can only play as only :mario: or :luigi:
That's just a questionable decision of Nintendo if other Mario characters should have the chance, like Yoshi in 64 and Wario in Wario World.
Anyway, since DK series have more freedom in using playable characters, it's not good to discuss who should be playable or not.

Back