The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

Peri said:
greetings Kokoro, i'm Neptune. welcome to the forum
what

Hey, I'm Sherri Yoshi! Forgive the weird username, but I'm absolutely in love with Mario (and Nintendo in general). It's nice to be here :)

Greetings, Kokoro and Sherri Yoshi! Mario Wiki is a great community, and I am glad you joined.

Sherri Yoshi said:
Hey, I'm Sherri Yoshi! Forgive the weird username, but I'm absolutely in love with Mario (and Nintendo in general). It's nice to be here :)

Welcome to MarioBoards.

Well, forgive me if this comes off a bit long-winded. I'm not a very succinct person.

So, well, where to begin? I've been lurking in the community for years now. I've silently watched the Wiki, read the 'Shroom, viewed the MarioBoards, watched the awards, what may have you. It's been an extremely wonderful experience to be a part of this community, and, until now, I've been quite content to do it from a distance.

I did make an account sometime ago on the Wiki, but, to be honest, I made it for a young cousin of mine. Though it sounds like a sockpuppet excuse, I assure you that I have no malicious intent; I can't even remember the account details and, if it is truly a question of intent, I point towards evidence from its inactivity.

Anyhow, I am certainly glad to be here. I just feel that I know you all so well, and I thank this community for the joy it's brought me over the past years. Everyone here, from Ghostjam to Dippy to Baby Luigi to Glowsquid and so forth, is absolutely wonderful. Of course, another community member around here has to be mentioned...

The sudden passing of Miss Walkazo was devestating to me, just as I'm sure it is to you all. I admired Miss Walkazo not only as a Bureaucrat who worked with a fervent passion and notable professionalism, but also as a colleague in the sciences. I am currently studying evolutionary biology, and her article, "A Phylogenetic Analysis of the Koopas", was an absolute treat for me. Of course, her writings on Fanfiction.net and her works on the Wiki never failed to impress me either. Honestly, I feel that in so many ways, the world lost an extraordinary young woman.

I digress though. I should just focus on the introduction.

Well, alright. I'm a Nintendo fan to a great degree, and I've been annoying my aquantinces with my "oddly extensive knowledge" of the Super Mario series for some time, so joining this community seemed like a logical step. Beyond that, my university keeps me extremely busy with work. I hope to integrate myself into this community, but I don't know how often I can be on. I'll probably continue lurking in the background for the most part, but, I'll pop in on occasion.

That was far longer than it should have been and certainly not my most eloquent writing. I apologize for that, and I suppose I shall see you all around on occasion.

Hooded Pitohui said:
Well, forgive me if this comes off a bit long-winded. I'm not a very succinct person.

So, well, where to begin? I've been lurking in the community for years now. I've silently watched the Wiki, read the 'Shroom, viewed the MarioBoards, watched the awards, what may have you. It's been an extremely wonderful experience to be a part of this community, and, until now, I've been quite content to do it from a distance.

I did make an account sometime ago on the Wiki, but, to be honest, I made it for a young cousin of mine. Though it sounds like a sockpuppet excuse, I assure you that I have no malicious intent; I can't even remember the account details and, if it is truly a question of intent, I point towards evidence from its inactivity.

Anyhow, I am certainly glad to be here. I just feel that I know you all so well, and I thank this community for the joy it's brought me over the past years. Everyone here, from Ghostjam to Dippy to Baby Luigi to Glowsquid and so forth, is absolutely wonderful. Of course, another community member around here has to be mentioned...

The sudden passing of Miss Walkazo was devestating to me, just as I'm sure it is to you all. I admired Miss Walkazo not only as a Bureaucrat who worked with a fervent passion and notable professionalism, but also as a colleague in the sciences. I am currently studying evolutionary biology, and her article, "A Phylogenetic Analysis of the Koopas", was an absolute treat for me. Of course, her writings on Fanfiction.net and her works on the Wiki never failed to impress me either. Honestly, I feel that in so many ways, the world lost an extraordinary young woman.

Well, alright. I'm a Nintendo fan to a great degree, and I've been annoying my aquantinces with my "oddly extensive knowledge" of the Super Mario series for some time, so joining this community seemed like a logical step. Beyond that, my university keeps me extremely busy with work. I hope to integrate myself into this community, but I don't know how often I can be on. I'll probably continue lurking in the background for the most part, but, I'll pop in on occasion.

That was far longer than it should have been and certainly not my most eloquent writing. I apologize for that, and I suppose I shall see you all around on occasion.

welcome!

Thanks for the namedrop, I have no clue that I'm doing something joyful to someone I don't even know :)

Welcome aboard!

Hooded Pitohui said:

Welcome! :)

Welcome Hooded Pitohui. I too lurked for years before joining.

Hello, I'm new here. Nice to meet you all. I hope to make friends here and get to know the community, thanks.

muddy120 said:
Hello, I'm new here. Nice to meet you all. I hope to make friends here and get to know the community, thanks.
Welcome!

Howdy, Starkuss, and those I missed!

Finally after a tedious (but completely necessary) secure registration form, I am finally here!!

My brother and I are keen collectors of Mario items, so much so, we started a Mario (Nintendo) style website where I sell items. No I wont push my luck in posting a link. I only just joined a dont wont a spanking from admin.

Anyway...... So pleased to be here and look forward to making some friends! I have great memories in the late 80`s playing Duck Hunt and Super Mario on the old NES round our friends and at home with my younger brother.

DownLoadSuperMario said:
Finally after a tedious (but completely necessary) secure registration form, I am finally here!!

My brother and I are keen collectors of Mario items, so much so, we started a Mario (Nintendo) style website where I sell items. No I wont push my luck in posting a link. I only just joined a dont wont a spanking from admin.

Anyway...... So pleased to be here and look forward to making some friends! I have great memories in the late 80`s playing Duck Hunt and Super Mario on the old NES round our friends and at home with my younger brother.

Welcome, DownLoadSuperMario! It's great that you're here, you'll like it :)

Hello yall, I am Nova, yet another Super Mario fan...even though I DO play other games.

Anyways, I grew up playing Mario. It was my MOST favorite video game back then, and I still like it to this day, especially Super Mario Maker. That one's fun. So...uh...enjoy my company.

Back