The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

Take it with pride,
And enjoy the ride
You'll forever be a part of this community.

Thank you!
You guys are so nice!
Nice to meet you PeDaRoYs, Maki, Lumastar, Glitchy, Meta Knight, Gabriele, Stargazing, Nino, Leafeon, and Iggy Koppa!!
If I may ask what does quoting do?
What else should I say?
And lol Ash Ketchum XD

Ash5400 said:
Thank you!
You guys are so nice!
Nice to meet you PeDaRoYs, Maki, Lumastar, Glitchy, Meta Knight, Gabriele, Stargazing, Nino, Leafeon, and Iggy Koppa!!
What else should I say?
And lol Ash Ketchum XD
-Ash
Quotes someone's response directly so you can respond to it.

And thank you

Iron Man said:
Ash5400 said:
Thank you!
You guys are so nice!
What else should I say?
And lol Ash Ketchum XD
-Ash
Quotes someone's response directly so you can respond to it.

And thank you
So like this? And thank you for the clarification! :)

Post count. It's in the General FAQ or General Q&A, that exists in HelpDesk. Lots of other tips are there as well.

you do realize I was calling the joke (not the not chain chomp itself) dead, right?

Hi everyone. It’s been a while, and I thought I’d stop by to see how all of you are doing. I don’t know how the member makeup has changed on this forum since I left because you all change your user names every two minutes, but some of you may remember me as the freak who tried to put an end to the cinematic ambitions of a certain young adult, soiling the good name of a knight superhero cartoon character in the process. I was also among a group of people who scoffed at the idea of employing an army of major celebrities with enormous price tags in every role (it would be more reasonable and realistic, in my opinion, to hire regular voice actors for smaller roles). I’ve come here in large part to find closure and to bury the old hatchet with all of you. Over the last three years, I have made a series of decisions on the Internet that I wholeheartedly regret, enough decisions to kill my sense of ambition and then make me want to kill myself for a short time. I have indeed become a sadder man but a wiser man nonetheless. Who would have thought that gaining wisdom comes at such a steep price?

Anyway, I can say with certainty that I have decided to leave behind my movie idea and let it exist only in my imagination (and in silly movie posters I put up on deviantART) because my old dreams have been officially squelched by a harsh dose of reality about the film industry, the reality that Nintendo (and I quote) “won’t ever make another Mario cartoon or movie simply because they don’t need one.” Instead, I have chosen a new path: voiceover work. Why, you ask? Well, upon reaching adolescence, I discovered I could use my newfound, thundering voice as a tool to selflessly help people with creative projects in mind. Now, in adulthood, I officially plan to put this voice of mine to good use.

And of course, I’ll never forget those men who, unlike other divisions of Mario fans, are ultra-purists, believing no ideas from outside Nintendo should be included in a movie starring the plucky plumber. As such, they went out of their way to put an end to my lifelong ambitions and deny that anyone who has any non-Nintendo-based ideas about how to adapt the Mario games into a movie is a “good Mario fan.” In fact, I’ve seen various people at TMK deny the very existence of forums like Super Mario Boards because you all have unique ideas and innovations you’d probably like to see introduced to the Mario universe. Thought you should know.

But that’s not what’s most important at this time. If you want to know more about where I am now, I’ll spare you the details in this already long-winded post and instead direct you to my deviantART page (“Sir Robert Goldengate”). My Deviant ID there tells you how I fell out of favor with a forum where I found a peaceful refuge for a year and a half, and I’ve also submitted an apology for the extraordinarily nice administrator whose trust I betrayed to dA. However, I cannot speak Miss Nice Administrator’s name without a seedy character who calls himself “Jack Doe” coming after me by email. Though he claims to have saved Miss Nice Admin’s life a long time ago, I cannot, for a long list of reasons, trust Jack to be the person he says he is, and I’ve developed an incredible number of conspiracy theories as to who he might be. In addition, he says he knows Miss Nice Admin better than he knows any other living soul, which makes me all the more curious as to his identity. No, I didn’t make up Jack Doe (I sort of wish I did). He is a real person, and if you say the real user name of Miss Nice Admin, he will come after you and threaten to have you incarcerated as he did with me. Actually, he isn’t a police officer because he has a personal lawyer, and cops and lawyers are generally known to not see eye-to-eye in matters of dealing justice.

Who could he be?

Before I conclude, I have a confession to make: never in my life have I had any formal training or instruction in screenwriting. The rest explains itself. However, I have made a friend for life who also wants to be a screenwriter, so working with the boy has taught me (and him) how to make better scripts. At least he appreciates my dedication to my craft when it seems like no one else does.

Bottom line: My life on the Internet is a life of regret and pain. :'( I have remorse for literally everything about my cyber-past, and I hope that at least you, the people of Super Mario Boards, can forgive me for the error of my ways now that time has passed. I’m a better person for having gone through my traumatic Web experiences, watching my old dreams being torn at the seams. And best of all, had I not gone through these experiences, I would never have met the most reliable and enthusiastic Webcomic business partner I know, so at least this story does have a mildly happy ending.

I hope you can all forgive me, and I wish you all long, healthy lives and success in whatever you pursue, even if the path to success isn’t exactly the way you want it to be, as it won’t be for me.

Warm regards,
~ Colonel Knight Rider

ColonelKR said:
I left because you all change your user names every two minutes.
Hm, there was a time when there was no limit to your name changes? Well that must have sucked to find out who was who. (I still have difficulties with that from time to time.)

Anyways, I know you don't know me, as I joined in 2013. My name's NEXandGBX, but most just call me Nex. Welcome back!

GEX said:
ColonelKR said:
I left because you all change your user names every two minutes.
Hm, there was a time when there was no limit to your name changes?
yeah
a dark time that i haven't experienced

nevertheless, welcome back, my name is stargazing but lots of people call me star

Back