Chinese rip-off of 3DS and Wii U GamePad

King Boo

"I'm definitely NOT doing this to help you, Pit."


Chinese company Jin Xing has announced a new handheld gaming device, the JXD S5100, which will be powered by Android 2.3.4. It was revealed a week after Nintendo confirmed that they will be releasing a Nintendo 3DS XL. As you can see from the picture above, the JXD S5100 shares a strikingly similar resemblance to a 3DS and a Wii U GamePad. A release date is not yet confirmed for the JXD S5100.
These knock-offs are always hilarious.
 

Lily x

Goodbye
It looks like an ipod with buttons.
Classy.
Seriously, it's hillarious. I'm still defo getting the wii U even if they pay you to get that ripoff.
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Android 2.3.4?
But that's a 2 year old technology!
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Shouldn't they get sued for this? -.-'

But Chinese rip-offs always amuse me. Like the Mario Kart Wii Chinese rip-off or the Super Mario Galaxy one.
 

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Baby Luigi said:
Shouldn't they get sued for this? -.-'

But Chinese rip-offs always amuse me. Like the Mario Kart Wii Chinese rip-off or the Super Mario Galaxy one.
Galaxy one? Don't remember that.
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Nabber said:
Baby Luigi said:
Shouldn't they get sued for this? -.-'

But Chinese rip-offs always amuse me. Like the Mario Kart Wii Chinese rip-off or the Super Mario Galaxy one.
Galaxy one? Don't remember that.
It's the one with a blue dragon in it.
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
They could be sued under the ACTA law, but since China didn't accept this law, they won't be sued.
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
MKGirlism said:
They could be sued under the ACTA law, but since China didn't accept this law, they won't be sued.
That's stupid. Not getting punished for plagiarism.
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Baby Luigi said:
Shouldn't they get sued for this? -.-'
The complex intricacies of Chinese copyright law pretty much means no outside nation can actually take action against them. So even if Nintendo were to sue they wouldn't be able to stop them distributing the consoles and making money, and that would just be wasted time, effort and money for the company.
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
Shouldn't they get sued for this? -.-'
The complex intricacies of Chinese copyright law pretty much means no outside nation can actually take action against them. So even if Nintendo were to sue they wouldn't be able to stop them distributing the consoles and making money, and that would just be wasted time, effort and money for the company.
So I can make money by simply taking the Wii, modifying it a little, and make a lot of money in China? Messed up laws there.
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Jack Noir said:
The Team Fortress 2 knock-off was funnier/worse.
I seriously want to play Final Combat just to see how bad it is.
 

RandomGuy

Earth Adept
I remember this commercial, a few weeks after Steve Jobs' death, they got a chinese guy to dress up as him and pretend that he is still dead, (he wears a halo and angel wings), and advertise a Chinese rip-off of the iPad. And at the end, he says thank god, I can play another version of the iPad
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Majin Buu:
http://qkme.me/35o0k2
 
Top