Legendary Pictures' Godzilla

What did you think of the movie?

• Total voters
The first film is the metaphorical symbolic one. Anyone who can't see that is plain ignorant.

The sequels are more like the stereotypical kaiju beating the shit out of each other trope. But films like Mothra vs. Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Hedorah, and Godzilla vs. Biollante have clear and serious messages hidden in there.

Humans are dangerous.

javelin, the thing is that originally Godzilla wasn't about a giant monster who wrecks stuff

the tone of the first movie was very serious and somber, and it was about the collateral damage that was caused by this unstoppable force. it wasn't about cheesy monsters, it wasn't about action scenes, it was dead serious and pretty scary

i mean, this is what i'm gathering from gp

but the reason you think of godzilla as a laughable concept is because the franchise has been so distorted that it's impossible to be taken seriously anymore

this is what the new movie is trying to correct. it's trying to help people remember the days when godzilla was actually scary

I like the idea of godzilla to be honest, but not sure about the first film as most ive ever seen of godzilla is some vs movies, 98 movie, and some cartoons.

I've seen the original, and most of the ones where they crammed as many monsters as possible into one movie, and 98

Well me and my step dad talked about this movie and may even go see it when it releases, not entirely sure yet though as money isnt our strong points.

Gonna switch the topic a bit here.

A couple weeks ago, I saw The Desolation of Smaug in theaters. It was really good, but that's beside the point. I got there early for the Godzilla trailer. There first couple were not the trailer and I was beginning to get nervous. Then, the final trailer began with the Legendary and Warner Bros. logos. I was grinning ear to ear 'cause I knew what it was. I must've looked so stupid sitting there clenching my popcorn and grinning like an idiot. The trailer looked great on the big screen. Then we got to the final shot (if you've seen the trailer, you know what I'm talking about). Holy crap, that roar. The theater fucking shook. I was still trembling as the trailer ended and the movie began. Intense.

Ganondorf said:
The first film is the metaphorical symbolic one. Anyone who can't see that is plain ignorant.

The sequels are more like the stereotypical kaiju beating the shit out of each other trope. But films like Mothra vs. Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Hedorah, and Godzilla vs. Biollante have clear and serious messages hidden in there.

You can add Ghidorah, Invasion, Son Of, and GMK onto the list. ;)

There's talk of a second trailer dropping on the 7th. Apparently from a source who has been credible in the past.

God I hope this is true. The problem is, it will probably be attached to RoboCop, which I do NOT want to see. The Lego Movie is also a possibility.

NEW POSTER!
1743467_10152672655379832_209810093_n.jpg

Also, a reliable source is saying the new trailer is gonna drop on the 27th.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

It's the Movie Maniac guy, the one who confirmed the date of the first trailer.

Goddamn, I love the new poster.

This movie is going to be emotionally overwhelming for me. Don't worry I don't usually cry. Infact I never cry. But wow Godzilla looks so majestic and natural.

Back