Legendary Pictures' Godzilla

What did you think of the movie?

• Total voters
my god

that stupid poll already wiped out Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America and the Hobbit, and they're wiping out Godzilla and Muppets! All for some stupid taylor launtner movie and a gay-ass vampire chick flick? Fuck that. I hope X-Men and the Amazing Spider-Man kick their asses when they come up against them.

lol mtv is retarded :P

empire theaters ranked godzilla number 4 on their most anticipated list, before they shut down
after JP World, Mockingjay and Hobbit part 3

Gene said:
ernesth100 said:
Its an mtv poll. MTV has teen wolf and teen shows like that...I'm honestly not even surprised. But I still can't bare the thought of loosing so lets spam that poll with dozens of votes!!!!!

We'll need tons of bots.
What would you say if I told you I could get a ton of bots? Not saying i can but if I could?

so i voted the trailer as "meh" because i spent 90% of it wondering what lame cliche movie it was going to be about

and then godzilla appeared and then i was like "what, is godzilla now a military thriller?"

Not a military thriller. This is going to be a disaster film. Godzilla is going to be treated like a real natural disaster. Think like a hurricane or an earthquake.

Or even an atomic bomb.

I don't think it will be a "Fuck yeah Army" movie.

The director said in an interview that "the theme of the movie is man vs nature, and man never wins."

That's a terrible motto. Man wins against nature all the time. It's part of what we do - take apart nature for our own benefit. Which, you could argue, is what nature itself does. All nature is designed to take energy from something else, be it the sun, plants, lower lifeforms, etc. So really, man defeating nature is part of nature.

Also, I'd like to see "nature" stand up against a thermonuclear missile just to prove how dumb the "man never wins" idea is. Pah.

Thrawn said:
That's a terrible motto. Man wins against nature all the time. It's part of what we do - take apart nature for our own benefit. Which, you could argue, is what nature itself does. All nature is designed to take energy from something else, be it the sun, plants, lower lifeforms, etc. So really, man defeating nature is part of nature.

Also, I'd like to see "nature" stand up against a thermonuclear missile just to prove how dumb the "man never wins" idea is. Pah.

you do realize if we hurt nature we basically hurt ourselves

we need nature to live after all

it would be nigh impossible to destroy the entirety of nature
perhaps a single element of it, but in order to destroy all of nature, man would subsequently die out

You don't seem to understand. Godzilla, at its core, is a metaphor for the atomic bomb. He is the sins of man coming back to haunt us. Humans fucked with nature when they dropped the atomic bomb. Now nature is saying"fuck you" and putting humanity in its place. While the main character is a soldier, I don't think it will be happy ending or a victory for America.

and then they invent a remote with a big red button to call godzilla at any time

Princess Zae said:
Thrawn said:

you do realize if we hurt nature we basically hurt ourselves

we need nature to live after all
As long as it's damage that can easily be restored, I don't see what the problem is. Take trees for example. Trees are an excellent example of a renewable resource. Sure, we're using up a lot of trees, but we're also planting plenty more to make up for it.
Deception said:
it would be nigh impossible to destroy the entirety of nature
perhaps a single element of it, but in order to destroy all of nature, man would subsequently die out
i'm not saying destroying nature is a good idea, just that we could do it
Ganondorf said:
You don't seem to understand. Godzilla, at its core, is a metaphor for the atomic bomb. He is the sins of man coming back to haunt us. Humans fucked with nature when they dropped the atomic bomb. Now nature is saying"fuck you" and putting humanity in its place. While the main character is a soldier, I don't think it will be happy ending or a victory for America.
how is godzilla supposed to be a metaphor for nuclear weapons?

Back