NES Characters for a Future SSB

MikeyO11

Microgamer Extordinair
If you could revive forgotten characters in the NES era for a futre SSB, (i.e. Ice Climbers, Pit, etc.) who would you add?
Here are all the retro characters in my roster:
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
Excitebiker (Excitebike)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
R.O.B. (Gyromite/Stack-Up)

P.S. I don't know if Sheriff & Mr. G & W count as retro characters, but I have them in my roster.
 

Paper Jorge

who? am? I?
theyre not exactly "forgotten" if they got recent game releases (pit, little mac) or they keep getting included in newer games (rob, excitebiker, ice climbers)
 

MikeyO11

Microgamer Extordinair
Quick question: What do you think of having Sukapon & Rayman in the same roster?
 

RandomGuy

Earth Adept
Sukapon, possibly, but I wouldn't count on Rayman being a retro characters or being in SSB4 due to Rayman Legends and the franchise belonging to Ubisoft
 

MikeyO11

Microgamer Extordinair
Rayman would probably be a 3rd-party character.
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
MikeyO11 said:
Rayman would probably be a 3rd-party character.
He is a 3rd party character.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
MikeyO11 said:
Here are all the retro characters in my roster:
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
Excitebiker (Excitebike)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
R.O.B. (Gyromite/Stack-Up)
If Pit's in your roster, shouldn't he be in this list too?
 

MikeyO11

Microgamer Extordinair
Magikrazy said:
MikeyO11 said:
Here are all the retro characters in my roster:
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
Excitebiker (Excitebike)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
R.O.B. (Gyromite/Stack-Up)
If Pit's in your roster, shouldn't he be in this list too?

Well, like Paper Jorge said 7 posts ago, theyre not exactly "retro" if they got recent game releases.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
MikeyO11 said:
Magikrazy said:
MikeyO11 said:
Here are all the retro characters in my roster:
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
Excitebiker (Excitebike)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
R.O.B. (Gyromite/Stack-Up)
If Pit's in your roster, shouldn't he be in this list too?

Well, like Paper Jorge said 7 posts ago, theyre not exactly "retro" if they got recent game releases.
So Little Mac isn't retro due to Punch-Out '09.
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
supermariofan said:
What about Duck Hunt Dog?
The only reason he should be in is to beat him up
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:
Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:
What about Duck Hunt Dog?
The only reason he should be in is to beat him up
Why? is it because of this?

Yes
I think the dog gets a bad rap. I mean, he's great at sniffing out the ducks, then scaring them out, and retrieving them. After all that, the taunting seems more good-natured as opposed to any malice.
 

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Mario was on NES character. So is Link. How could you forget them. What about Kirby and Samus. They got their start on NES.
 
Top