Camelot Software Planning interested in Donkey Kong 64 sequel

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
http://nintendoeverything.com/92304/camelot-president-would-like-to-work-on-donkey-kong-dk64-sequel/

They're not making it, they've just expressed interest in making a sequel to Donkey Kong 64. That's cool.

Huzzah.jpg

Might not be a confirmation, but at least we know that there's still some DK love.

thats great and all, but why camelot software planning? theyre not exactly known for their good game library....

I would love to have a game like that, but the only thing that would irk me is Tiny's new design. It's just uugggggghhhhh

Uh, what does interest mean if making DK games should be a routine?

But the statement is a little weird. If DK 64 was in the category of 3D mainstream games, the game following Mario 64 should be Sunshine. I don't think they can call it a "sequal" since it's not a certain theme or story like Galaxy.

"Uh, what does interest mean if making DK games should be a routine?"

Because Camelot, the studio who makes Mario Tennis, are not the type of people to make a DK game.

New Super Mario said:
Yes! I've been wanting to play the original for so long now. Plus Lanky looks awesome,
I miss Lanky, but I wonder if the staff would directly use major characters while Lanky fades out a little in modern games.

Majin Buu said:
The Kremlings must return!
Even though I'm not sure how many kong characters can be playable again, I think Kremlings have a potential to be bosses in 2D games as same as Koopalings.

Yes, Retro Stds. is far more strongly suited to make the sequel to the great game classic DK64 than Camelot, but fuck Retro Studios. They make this wonderful videogame, DK64 Returns, and then they repeatedly tell people who are HANKERING for more Donkey Kong to FUCK OFF, "we're not making anything else with Donkey Kong". It's like eating at the most delicious restaraunt you have ever enjoyed, and then go back there in a week to eat at it again and find it has already closed down. There is a word for what Retro Studios did to the gaming world: EVIL. At least Camelot is interested in it. INTERESTED? They or SOMEBODY should already be making it!

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Yes, Retro Stds. is far more strongly suited to make the sequel to the great game classic DK64 than Camelot, but fuck Retro Studios. They make this wonderful videogame, DK64 Returns, and then they repeatedly tell people who are HANKERING for more Donkey Kong to FUCK OFF, "we're not making anything else with Donkey Kong". It's like eating at the most delicious restaraunt you have ever enjoyed, and then go back there in a week to eat at it again and find it has already closed down. There is a word for what Retro Studios did to the gaming world: EVIL.

1. It was DKC Returns.
2. Since when is Retro supposed to be a one-trick pony, so to speak? It is not obligated to utilize a given license if it wants to pursue other projects.
3. Restaurants don't close because they tell customers "fuck off, we don't want you here," and since Retro hasn't said that or expressed it through its actions (it's not like it said "we're not making any more DK games because their fans suck"), it's a terrible comparison.

DonnyKD said:
Because Camelot, the studio who makes Mario Tennis, are not the type of people to make a DK game.
When it comes to the chief decison makers, I don't think they can ignore hot potatoes and make it delay.

It reminded me that RARE who made the classic DK games had gone. Paon who made several games didn't continue, and Retro doesn't show to be responsible for all future DK games now. Maybe it's time for the core EAD team to take up all things.

Camelot were the guys behind Toadstool Tour, right?

Yeah seems kind of unfitting or something.

Perhaps they'll collab with the people who did Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Jack Noir said:
Camelot were the guys behind Toadstool Tour, right?

Yeah seems kind of unfitting or something.

Perhaps they'll collab with the people who did Donkey Kong Country Returns?

They are also behind the Golden Sun series, FYI.

Byakuya Togami said:
Yes, Retro Stds. is far more strongly suited to make the sequel to the great game classic DK64 than Camelot, but fuck Retro Studios. They make this wonderful videogame, DK64 Returns, and then they repeatedly tell people who are HANKERING for more Donkey Kong to FUCK OFF, "we're not making anything else with Donkey Kong". It's like eating at the most delicious restaraunt you have ever enjoyed, and then go back there in a week to eat at it again and find it has already closed down. There is a word for what Retro Studios did to the gaming world: EVIL.

1. It was DKC Returns.
2. Since when is Retro supposed to be a one-trick pony, so to speak? It is not obligated to utilize a given license if it wants to pursue other projects.
3. Restaurants don't close because they tell customers "fuck off, we don't want you here," and since Retro hasn't said that or expressed it through its actions (it's not like it said "we're not making any more DK games because their fans suck"), it's a terrible comparison.
Well I and millions of other gamers don't want Retero to pursue other projects, the assholes need to fucking MAKE MORE DONKEY KONG!!!

And to use another restaraunt analogy, video game companies NEVER listen to the age-old expression: "The customer's always right!" And the CUSTOMER is "ordering" another Donkey Kong from Retro's restaraunt, so-to-speak. And they will not serve! We, the consumer, can boycott Retro to get what we want, and not buy any of their other shit unless they give the public what they want, another Donkey Kong! One-Trick Pony? How about instead of a pony they bark like a dog at the gamer's command and make a new Donkey Kong every couple years at least!

And to use another restaraunt analogy, video game companies NEVER listen to the age-old expression: "The customer's always right!" And the CUSTOMER is "ordering" another Donkey Kong from Retro's restaraunt, so-to-speak. And they will not serve! We, the consumer, can boycott Retro to get what we want, and not buy any of their other shit unless they give the public what they want, another Donkey Kong! One-Trick Pony? How about instead of a pony they bark like a dog at the gamer's command and make a new Donkey Kong every couple years at least!
1. The customer isn't always right! If they were, we'd have Geno, Mickey Mouse, and the likes in the next Smash Bros.
2. If their games are shit, why do you want another DK game from them?
3. Oh, yes! How dare they not be your video game slave and follow your every whim!

Some time around Christmas of last year or the year before, I was looking thru a Toys R Us sale add, and on one of the DS systems (I think 3DS) it showed a game on the screen that looked like Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. But it didn't show a game cover or say the title. :dk:

Nintendo Freak said:
Some time around Christmas of last year or the year before, I was looking thru a Toys R Us sale add, and on one of the DS systems (I think 3DS) it showed a game on the screen that looked like Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. But it didn't show a game cover or say the title. :dk:
This?

DKJungleClimber.jpg

Back