What is your favorite hub in a Mario 3D game?

Favorite hub?

• Princess Peach's Castle (64)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Isle Delfino (Sunshine)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Comet Observatory (Galaxy)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Starship Mario (Galaxy 2)

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
My favorite is Isle Delfino, because of all the Piantas running around, and you can do whatever you want to them.

Isle Delfino.

Isle Delfino, easily. It has more features than Peach's Castle, and it is a lot more explorable than either the Comet Observatory and Starship Mario.

(It's called Starship Mario, BTW, not "Faceship")

Princess peach's castle i get confused between tiny-huge island and snowman's land.
Love isle delfino
Comet observatory, it's ok
Starship Mario I don't bother exploring it

All of them except Peach's Castle. It just has a creepy vibe to it. There's barely any people around and the Boo standing the in hallway doesn't help.

New Super Mario said:
Isle Delfino.

Comet Observatory is lame, Starship Mario is ok, Peach Castle is cool, but bland, and ISLE DELFINO has Piantas!
This, pretty much. I'm hoping they can do a hub this expansive for Wii U's Super Mario.

Isle Delfino. It's so fun seeing the Piantas run around and also the city's theme itself makes me so happy.

Comet Observatory. It's okay, I love going to the library to see Rosalina reading, and that theme on the library, it makes me cry...

Starship Mario??? So... freaking... lame...

Princess Peach's castle. It's fine, but the endless stairs can make any children scared, the endless stairs are fine to me.

isle delfino because it's unique and tropical despite i have never played sunshine

fuck starship mario

the endless stairs are cool in 64 what are you talking about

comet observatory? for me it's a dull hub where you can also jump off cliffs and be pulled back up by the souls in space

I'm going to be different and say the Comet Observatory. The Comet Observatory is so calm and the music is absolutely soothing. The scenery is beautiful, the Lumas are as cute as always... it's just awesome. It's easily one of my favorite things about Super Mario Galaxy.

Isle Delfino is a close second, though. I've always loved Super Mario Sunshine (it ranks among my top 5 favorite video games), and Isle Delfino just gave the game the tropical feel that it needed. It's well-sized, like the Comet Observatory, the scenery is also nice; the NPCs are good as well, and the music is memorable and also gives the hub its tropical feel.

Princess Peach's Castle was nice. I've always liked it, but the music and the paintings are the best in my opinion.

Starship Mario was pretty awesome. Even though it's not as big as the Comet Observatory in its prequel, I thought it was a nice hub for the game. Plus, I must be one of the only people here who actually likes Lubba.

I agree with Red Barchetta. Comet Observatory felt so mystic and such a fun place to move around. Not only that, but it was probably the place with the best design and scenery. However, Isle Delfino is close behind it; it was very active.

Comet Observatory is my favorite. I don't know, I like the vibe it has. The same goes to the Starship Mario, but it's smaller, hence why I didn't choose it.

Peach's Castle brings me scary memories about Bowser's laugh when trying to go through locked doors. Isle Delfino is cool because it's the biggest, and its atmosphere is relaxing, but I don't know, it's kind of... Mmmm, dull? I know that's not the word but I'll use it in the meantime. Maybe the word I'm looking for is "boring". Comet Observatory's theme changes by adding some instruments as you progress in the game, and that's a cool feature.

New Super Mario said:
Red Barchetta said:
Plus, I must be one of the only people here who actually likes Lubba.
No, I love Lubba. I had him as my avatar a couple times.
Lubba is that character I want to have more appearances in the series. He is so Lubba-ble! (hehe puns)

My favorite has to be Starship Mario. It's easy explore and I love how the background scenery changes on each world.
BTW I have never played Super Mario Sunshine, so I have never been to Isle Delfino.

Starship Mario was fun to run around sometimes but for the most part it was boring. I didn't really like the Comet Observatory, and Isle Delfino is just ok IMO.

I always loved Peach's Castle, so that's by far my favorite.

Majin Buu said:
Yep it's a great hub. Shame there was only Toad living in there

Bowser and the rabbits live there too. Why else can you hear Bowser's laugh?

Okay, I'll say my opinion on all of them:

Peach's Castle: I put this down as my favorite. It's also from the only game in the series I don't own, so I haven't spent much time with it. But it just feels like an actual castle, with twists and turns and secrets everywhere you look. It felt really cool which is why it's my favorite hub.

Delfino Plaza: I liked this place, but... not my favorite. It just feels like a large area with nothing to do in it. Granted, there are a fair amount of secrets, but it just doesn't give me the same feeling as Peach's Castle. But at least it has awesome music.

Comet Observatory: It was small, but it was cool. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to do here except fly around collecting 1-ups. But it again set the tone with it's tranquil music.

Starship Mario: You've seen it once, you've seen it all. There's simply nothing to it. It's small, and there's nothing compelling you to actually explore unless you're in need of 1-ups. Otherwise you can just go back to the wheel to go to another level.

Back