Gravity Falls

Oh yeah, I saw that on Twitter. Really pumped.

I believe Matt Chapman confirmed it on his twitter.

(Though it seems i'm a bit late on this bit of info. >.>)

I watched that one episode where dipper gets that one street fighter character parody to get out of the arcade.

Yes, I loved all in that episode, especially all the different video game references.

The guys over at Entertainment Weekly have graced us with two clips from the upcoming episode, Boss Mabel:

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/31/gravity-falls-returns-with-new-episodes-and-mabel-as-the-boss-video/

...God, I love this show.

Smashgoom202 said:
The guys over at Entertainment Weekly have graced us with two clips from the upcoming episode, Boss Mabel:

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/31/gravity-falls-returns-with-new-episodes-and-mabel-as-the-boss-video/

...God, I love this show.

Haha.. awesome! Can't wait to see it

I think it was a pretty good episode, all things considered. Characters are great as always and Waddles is still adorable. Glad to see they're not shoving him away.

Just saw Boss Mabel, I'm just SO glad that the show's back! Really great episode, as per usual!

I think it's this episode that made me reason how much I love the writing in this show. Grunkle Stan's quite line, when Mabel keeps "but but but"ing, he says "The only 'but' I want to see it's yours out the door!". See, that's really witty and clever, and he came up with that on the spot. It's something you don't see a lot in shows these days.

Either way, in regards to the episode itself, I honestly wasn't expecting and supernatural stuff at all, given the premise of the episode... But that groblin or whatever it was... Just a generic weird-ass thing from Gravity Falls. What I really like is how Mabel's tactics SOUND good, in theory, they just turn out not-so-good in practice with the people she's working with...

This episode also helped in cementing my dislike for Wendy. I never really liked her all that much in the first place, I thought she was just generally cool, in an average teenage "mary sue" kind of way, but when she came in, seeing the Mystery Shack as a wreck, and doesn't even bother to help until Mabel freaking SNAPS and orders her to do it... Like, screw her, man. At least Soos had the excuse of being almost naked, trapped in the woods, and attacked by wolves... Dipper was far more sympathetic in that regard. He also makes a surprisingly good Grunkle Stan, touring the shack!

And the end credits clip... God, this show makes me laugh so hard!

Smashgoom202 said:
See, that's really witty and clever, and he came up with that on the spot. It's something you don't see a lot in shows these days.
I don't think you understand how TV works.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Smashgoom202 said:
See, that's really witty and clever, and he came up with that on the spot. It's something you don't see a lot in shows these days.
Let me guess, people don't want anything clever and original, they want the same old crap they've seen over and over again repeated to infinity.

Smashgoom202 said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Let me guess, people don't want anything clever and original, they want the same old crap they've seen over and over again repeated to infinity.
characters don't actually exist and they don't actually come up with things on the spot

Gundam Tanaka said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Smashgoom202 said:
characters don't actually exist and they don't actually come up with things on the spot
Oh that... Well, I knew that (subconsciously, anyway), I'm just saying, I like it when comedy is fast-paced like that.

Man, that was great. I felt like Troothache and Voice Over could have both been their own episodes, and Soos's Really Great Pinball Story was also pretty nice, even if it was the weaker of the three. As usual, the script is amazing. "Seeing-eye bear." "Yellow means speed up."

Guys this made me think...

341.gif

Shouldn't gravity falls have come to cartoon network?

I kinda have the feeling it should have gone there.

I mean seriously cartoon network is so lost way too much ben 10 that everyone forgot what really matters and the only good thing that comes out is regular show and adventure time.

Back