Gravity Falls

Browsing YouTube, I came across this...

Of course, it can always be fake, but the idea that McGucket wrote the books actually seems kinda plausible... he's certainly old enough, and he's been in nearly every episode for a minor character. He sees all kinds of odd things, perhaps his discoveries drove him insane?

Nabber said:

Of course, it can always be fake, but the idea that McGucket wrote the books actually seems kinda plausible... he's certainly old enough, and he's been in nearly every episode for a minor character. He sees all kinds of odd things, perhaps his discoveries drove him insane?
That's my theory... if this is true... also, notice that he actually has six fingers there. If you pay close attention, characters in this series either have 4 fingers or 5 fingers. I figured it was just an animation thing, but since Alex Hirsch dodged that question at Comic Con, it leads me to believe that fingers play a bigger part in the story then I initially realized.

Also, check out what I just found:

http://searchfortheblindeye.com/

Go on this site, right click, and select "view page source".

...More info, here:

http://gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/Search_for_the_Blindeye

Nabber said:

Well, is he's crazy due to his discoveries, do you think he went into the portal? Maybe that's how he's such a genius. Perchance its actually what's in the portal that came after him. McGucket could have made the books due to what he learned in the portal and the creatures inside are what came after him, for as he wrote about what could be in the alternative world. I'm thinking the monsters are actually from the other world and the creatures from there are sending in the monsters. McGucket could have made the books to warn about the dangers of the other world. That's why the maps are in it, so whoever has all the books can stop the creatures in the other world.
Sorry if that didn't make much sense...

Smashgoom, you'll be happy to hear this. Hirsch did an AMA last night on reddit. I'll post more later, but he said he wishes he had done less Wendy/Dipper stories and tried to pace them out more.

However, it's also confirmed that the show is one summer long.

Nabber said:
Smashgoom, you'll be happy to hear this. Hirsch did an AMA last night on reddit. I'll post more later, but he said he wishes he had done less Wendy/Dipper stories and tried to pace them out more.

Dang it.

Epic plot twist!
What if.... McGucket is from the other world-thingy, and he escaped, hiding away as a human. He could have written the books to tell of that world.

Nabber said:

Aww, sweet! Thanks, BTW, totally forgot that was tonight!

Shrek Guy said:
Has anybody noticed Slenderman in that episode with the sea creature?
That was just an edit that spread on the Internet; the actual episode has no Slenderman.

Smashgoom202 said:
Shrek Guy said:
That was just an edit that spread on the Internet; the actual episode has no Slenderman.
I couldn't picture him on an episode the show anyway.

Speaking of which, what creepypastas, legends, and/or cryptids would you all like to see on the show?

Shrek Guy said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Shrek Guy said:

Speaking of which, what creepypastas, legends, and/or cryptids would you all like to see on the show?

I'd prefer that the creative team just surprise me with whatever they have in store.

Smashgoom202 said:
Shrek Guy said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Shrek Guy said:
Has anybody noticed Slenderman in that episode with the sea creature? It was fake

I'd prefer that the creative team just surprise me with whatever they have in store.

Well Bigfoot will not be a surprise, as he appears for one frame in the introduction (unless that's really Stan) They have already depicted a lake monster. Also, judging from the introduction, Jackoloupes will apear along with a Gillman-like creature.

Bumping this topic, because season 2 of Gravity Falls will premiere this summer! Among other things, Nathan Fillon will be playing Pacifica's father, Preston Northwest, Wendy, the Teens, and Pacifica will be getting bigger roles, Bill Cipher will appear in at least one episode this season, and series creator Alex hirsch recently tweeted this image that is also featured on Disney's main site for the show:

Bo27000CAAAvu9z.jpg:large

...Learn more here:

http://gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/Season_2

Oh, and there have been TONS of shorts, all of them funny! You can pretty much find them all on YouTube.

Mr. Enter reviews "Land Before Swine", which thanks to this retrospective is my favorite episode (Dreamscaperers is still hard to beat, though):

My thoughts on this review:

You know, upon being reminded of this episode, the more I figure it, the more I think it's my favorite episode of the show so far, because it helps establish that for all his cruel tendencies, Grunkle Stan really DOES care about his family, so much so that he actually would do something crazy or reckless, like, punching a freaking pterodactyl in the FACE! Also, you raised something I hadn't even considered; justifying terrible behavior because "it's in character"... the fact that Soos keeps making dumb mistakes, and Grunkle Stan keeps acting like a jackass is outright called out by Dipper and Mabel respectively, and the episode tries to acknowledge these problems as actual PROBLEMS and attempts to remedy them! Really, I just have so much more respect for this show now, thanks Mr. Enter!

...Incidentally, I rather like Old Man McGucket, he's pretty funny, though yeah, what happens to him in this episode is justified, if rather disturbing...

...Also, he survived. Why is that? Well, there have been rumors floating around about his true nature... Like the fact that he...

WROTE ALL THREE JOURNALS!!! ...Or at least one of them... Not sure if this is true or not.

Incidentally, Mr. Enter also reviewed Summerween, if anyone's interested.

Back