Flurrie Hate

I was doing more "Guess the results" today and saw that Flurrie was ranked pretty high last year for Worst Partner.

I personally like Flurrie. Before getting the game, I was like yeah look at that dumb weirdo, but when I actually played it she was pretty beast.

What do you think? Do you like Flurrie or not?

Also, do you think this character get's judged?

Eh I never used Flurrie. She sure has some great attacks and she can be quite a tank, but her poor character design drew me away from her

So definitely, people judge her by her appearance. Because I did it.

I like Flurrie. Her only bad move is Dodgy Fog.

Body Slam can hurt any enemy regardless of position, unless they have spikes or fire.
Gale Force can cut save you time while still netting you star points.
Lip Lock can hurts enemies and heals her at the same time and it can pierce defense, so she's a good tank like BLOF said.

As for her personality, she's weird but nice, simple as that.

I don't hate Flurrie, I like her. She's a tank.

Body Slam to hurt enemies, but deals damage to Flurrie herself when used on a spiked enemy or a fire enemy.

Gale Force to get rid of enemies, when I first used Gale Force, I got many Star Points. However, people think it's a copy of Parakarry's Air Lift.

Lip Lock to hurt enemies and heal Flurrie. But it gets awkward when using it on a female looking enemy.

Dodgy Fog to raise Mario's evasion, however the Action Command just... Sucks.

However, Flurrie's design is another thing that draws me away from her.

Yoshidude99 said:
Well she is better than Ms. Mowz but other partners like Bobbery are better.

Nope, Ms. Mowz has a defence piercing move, she can heal Mario, she can confuse enemies and steal their items. Does Flurrie has all of that? Nope.

Actually, Flurrie's Lip Lock technique is capable of piercing through defenses.

Snifit said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Well she is better than Ms. Mowz but other partners like Bobbery are better.

Nope, Ms. Mowz has a defence piercing move, she can heal Mario, she can confuse enemies and steal their items. Does Flurrie has all of that? Nope.
Flurrie has more powerfull attacks. One of Ms. Mowz's attacks does no damage.

Well, three of them doesn't do damage, however Love Slap does.

She's not bad but still one of the worst partners IMO.

I would say it looks like this: Vivian = Bobbery > Yoshi > Kooper = Flurrie = Goombella = Ms. Mowz. And there's a big drop from Yoshi to their level.

Jack Noir said:
Bobbery >Vivian> Yoshi > Flurrie=Goombella>Koops>Ms. Mowz

fixed

Bobbery's Bomb and Bob-ombast pwn just about everything.

Vivian can't attack fire enemies. But besides that, she can attack any enemy at a lower FP cost than Bobbery.

Yoshi has no element, Mini Egg's not the best move in the world, and there are some enemies/bosses too big for Gulp. But when powered up, Ground Pound and Stampede cause a ton of damage at an ever lower FP cost.

Goombella can't attack ceiling enemies or pierce defense, which is why I ranked Flurrie above her. Her Rally Wink certainly helps. Koops can only attack enemies on the ground, but his Shell Slam can pierce defense.

Ms. Mowz 's Love Slap can cause damage and pierce defense, but its still rather weak compared to the other moves. Kiss Theif isn't bad, but IIRC, it has the same range as Mario's hammer, which means she can only use it on the nearest ground enemy. Tease is utterly useless since it just confuses the enemies, which means they can still attack.
Smooch isn't exactly useful since you're basically trading 10 FP for 10 HP and by then there are some better options like items, or Sweet Treat/Feast.

Don Pianta said:
Ms. Mowz 's Love Slap can cause damage and pierce defense, but its still rather weak compared to the other moves.

That's just proof you've never seen Parakarry's Sky Dive. Sky Dive deals weak damage if you do it without the Action Command.

Yeah but when it comes down to Paper Mario vs TTYD, Sky Dive is the weakest move in my book.

I really don't get it myself. When I was replaying TTYD recently I found that flurrie was quite useful.

Also Gale Force is amazingly useful for the bottom 10 floors of the Pit.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru said:
I really don't get it myself. When I was replaying TTYD recently I found that flurrie was quite useful.

Also Gale Force is amazingly useful for the bottom 10 floors of the Pit.

Sa-sa-sa-sa-sa-sa-same here.

Don Pianta said:
Vivian can't attack fire enemies.
I find this to be inconsequential, really, cause there aren't that many. And she's my fave because of the aforementioned lower FP cost.

Don Pianta said:
Yoshi has no element, Mini Egg's not the best move in the world, and there are some enemies/bosses too big for Gulp. But when powered up, Ground Pound and Stampede cause a ton of damage at an ever lower FP cost.
Agreed.

Okay, I didn't really use Flurrie because she seemed rather weak to me, like Ms. Mowz or Koops (note: with aerial enemies). However, when I got to the 90s in Po100T, it's a complete different story. She saved me, especially against the Swampula with Gale Force, and helped me destroy Bonetail. If it wasn't for Flurrie, I would have never passed Po100T for the first - and only so far - time since I got the game. Flurrie is the best last resort partner ever!!!!!!!!

Baby Luigi said:
She sure has some great attacks and she can be quite a tank, but her poor character design drew me away from her
I think her character is nice. And even though other female characters are cute too, ironically Flurrie has the least thing to do with Mario's "harem". :rolleyes:

I don't really hate Flurrie, but eh, she's not good compared to the other partners IMO. I honestly have NEVER used Gale Force except very early in the game. =P

Body Slam is alright.

Lip Lock is good, and it pierces defense. Also it's the move I use to fight more than 1 Spiky Parabuzzy. (I usually have Spike Shield equipped with Mario lol)

Dodgy Fog's action command is annoying to time. >__>

Honestly if I had to rank the partners it'd go like this:

Vivian > Goombella = Yoshi > Bobbery > Koops > Flurrie > Ms. Mowz

Vivian is just awesome and can burn enemies. She also pierces defense with Fiery Jinx :D Unfortunately she can't do anything against Fire enemies and can't do much against Stone enemies. =P

Goombella and Yoshi are very good when you give them badges to boost their attack power. :p

Bobbery has a lot of HP and Explosions work well against Fire enemies as well as flip over those Clefts.

Koops is good at attacking ground enemies with high defense with his Shell Slam. (like Dark Bristles) Saved a lot of hassle. :p

Ms. Mowz... Well really I just find her as an inferior version of Watt. She can only attack ground enemies and only does 4 damage. Plus it's her only attack move. She can't do anything against air enemies, fire enemies and to a certain extent spiky enemies. (If there's spikes all over the place, like a Pokey, she will be harmed but she'll be fine against things like Spiky Goombas)
Kiss Thief is good, but sometimes the OK is at the VERY END. Has this happened to anyone else? =P
Tease is just weird and dizzyness isn't all useful.
Smooch... I always have healing items on me and they heal more than 10 HP, so not useful for me.

Back