Flurrie Hate

There is no way Koops and Goombella are better than Flurrie. I can see people placing the others around, but Koops and Goombella?

^ I put Goombella and Yoshi equal, and placed them better than Koops. :P

Unless you mean someone else XD

I felt like rating the characters too.

Vivian > Bobbery > Yoshi > Goombella > Koops > Flurrie > Ms. Mowz

Vivian: Vivian is a outrageous beast when it comes down to Power Plus P. Her Shade Fist can burn enemies, but still it doesn't do *bleep* to spiked and fire enemies. Veil makes Mario invisible but it wastes Mario's turn. Fiery Jynx deals massive damage and can pierce defense, but it fails to work against stone enemies and it heals fire enemies. Infatuate can confuse enemies, lowering their chance of hitting Mario, but it's action command can make people pissed off.

Bobbery: Bobbery is a BOMB, get it? He's the only partner to have a HP of 40. His Bomb move doesn't waste FP and has a easier Action Command than Bombette's, also it deals double damage to fire enemies. Bomb Squad is mediocre cause it takes like 3 or 4 turns for the bombs to explode, the action command is impossible if you're not skilled with the egg-throwing mechanic of Yoshi's Island. Hold Fast sucks ass, Bobbery still takes damage from physical attacks. Bob-ombast deals massive damage, but it takes alot of FP.

Yoshi Kid: Yoshi Kid is another all-offensive partner compared to Bombette. His Ground Pound is mediocre, it fails to work against enemies with a high defense similiar to Lady Bow's Smack, spike/fire enemies are another reason why Ground Pound is mediocre. Gulp is similiar to Mario's Super/Ultra Hammer and can pierce defense, but it fails to work against big enemies and fire enemies. Mini-Egg targets a enemy randomly, but still it can shrink enemies and hit multiple times. Stampede is a good move, but it only works on Ground enemies.

Goombella: Surprised she's above Koops? Her Headbonk is a total mimicry of Mario's Jump and of course Goombario's Headbonk, no result against spiked enemies and fire enemies (I know Mario can avoid that with badges). Tattle doesn't cost FP but it wastes turn. Multibonk is a mimicry of Power Bounce, spiked enemies and fire enemies still will hurt Goombella. Rally Wink is good to use when you're on danger. What puts her above Koops is because she can attack air enemies.

Koops: Well, Koops' moves might be a mimicry of Kooper, but you're about to see how he's bulletproof compared to Kooper. Shell Toss' action command is annoying and also mediocre. Power Shell, annoying action command but can attack all enemies atleast. Shell Shield sucks ass, sure it can protect Mario from damage, but it's Action Command fails to amaze me. Shell Slam can pierce defense and attack all enemies. Koops might be more than a timid crybaby, but his action commands can make someone throw their controls at the wall.

Flurrie: Well, I already mentioned her but I'll redo it. Body Slam is probably a copy of Sushie's Belly Flop, since it has no results against spike/fire enemies, but ceiling enemies are screwed. Gale Force may be a copy of Lakilester's Hurricane and Parakarry's Air Lift but it gives you Star Points atleast. Lip Lock can pierce defense and heal Flurrie, Dodgy Fog's action command is a epic fail, but it raises Mario's evasion, screw Lucky Start.

Ms. Mowz: A couple of people have given me reasons for Ms. Mowz being mediocre. Love Slap might pierce defense but it's damage is pratically a rip-off of Parakarry's Sky Dive, but it can't hit air enemies at all. Kiss Thief can steal items sure yeah, but it has a first enemy range similiar to Mario's hammer, still no result against air enemies. Tease sucks ass though, dizzyness was never useful to me. Smooch can heal you, but it only gives you 10 HP, so I'm sticking with items.

So, what did you guys think?

I haven't beaten the whole game (On Chapter 6) and have all partners with their first three powers. Personally, I would put mine this way.

Vivian > Bobbery > Flurrie > Yoshi > Goombella > Koops > Ms. Mowz

Reasons:

Vivian: I like Fiery Jinx. It's great to use when you have a lot of enemies to deal with.

Bobbery: His regular Bomb attack is great, and doesn't waster FP.

Flurrie: She's amazing. Body Slam is great to use against many enemies, and Gale Force is great too. Plus she is great to put in front of Mario for protection.

Yoshi: I like his Gulp and the one which shoots eggs or something.

Goombella: She Headbonks and Multibonks. Nothing special really, but at least she can attack air enemies.

Koops: All enemies he attacks have to be on the ground, and his attacks aren't good.

Ms. Mowz: She isn't even worth getting....

New Super Mario said:
Maybe for battle, but you can press X to know if there's a Star Piece(or what is it treasure overall that includes Star Pieces) in the room, and if you're close to it.
It's convienent if you don't want to attempt to memorize from a guide or use both a computer and TV at the same time.

LN1 said:
New Super Mario said:
Maybe for battle, but you can press X to know if there's a Star Piece(or what is it treasure overall that includes Star Pieces) in the room, and if you're close to it.
It's convienent if you don't want to attempt to memorize from a guide or use both a computer and TV at the same time.

Her tips are still heavily ambiguous and it doesn't really help

No I am not. The way Ms. Mowz gives you hints is mainly useless

No, her special ability. Her infield ability mainly sucks

Yeah, I know that. I do a spin jump when she says "There's something nearby" but there's...

NOTHING!!

Snifit said:
Yoshi Kid: Stampede is a good move, but it only works on Ground enemies.

Actually it doesn't only damage enemies on the ground.

it also damages those that fly/float and even those on the ceiling.

Baby Luigi said:
LN1 said:
New Super Mario said:

Her tips are still heavily ambiguous and it doesn't really help
Yeah all she is like is "I smell treasure! YAY!" and expects us to find it even though it is probably hidden

Back