3DS XL Revealed

Wait, I just realized. This isn't supposed to be a brand new 3DS redesign. It's made for the people that want a bigger screen. Nothing more. You don't have to be interested in it if you have a regular 3DS. Only if you think the screen is too small.

I was too busy thinking of it as a redesign when in reality, it isn't.

EDIT: This helped me realize it:

I'm pretty stoked for the XL version because I just don't like it when every device seems to be going into the smaller the better direction.

I saw this on the one part of Nintendo Direct, and I was much more shocked, but I'm still not getting it, cuz
1. We can't afford something that expensive
2. I'm happy with my 3DS.

Xia Wang said:
I'm pretty stoked for the XL version because I just don't like it when every device seems to be going into the smaller the better direction.
Nah not really, if you think about it.

242952254_73e5851d4c_z.jpg

Perry the Platypus said:
Xia Wang said:

The GBA SP is smaller than other Gameboys

Perry the Platypus said:
Xia Wang said:

That's only big because it has a second screen.

Xia Wang said:
...you're against things being compact and convenient to carry around? OK. I kind of assumed one of the Wii's advantages over the other two (especially the PlayStation 3) was how small it was, allowing it to be placed virtually anywhere conveniently.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Xia Wang said:
...you're against things being compact and convenient to carry around? OK. I kind of assumed one of the Wii's advantages over the other two (especially the PlayStation 3) was how small it was, allowing it to be placed virtually anywhere conveniently.

It's probably at a disadvantage if he has large hands. I would imagine it would be quite difficult to play.

Baby Luigi said:
Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Xia Wang said:
It's probably at a disadvantage if he has large hands. I would imagine it would be quite difficult to play.
You're right on the target. The smaller ones just strain out my hands.

It was made like that so that developers don't focus too much on double circle pad games so that people with a 3DS that don't have the circle pad pro, won't miss out on all the games.

They were keeping it fair for the people who don't want to upgrade but don't want to spend the money on the circle pad pro either.

Will be ignoring this unless my 3DS bearks down or goes missing.

ChimcharFlamethrower said:
This kills the point of StreetPass.

As far as I know, StreetPass hardly ever works. At least for me. You can always fit this in a bag or something. Nobody said it had to be pockets, I can't even fit the normal one in my pocket, otherwise it bulges out and looks Wierd.

Back