Do you believe in Evolution or Creation?

Discuss.

• Atheist Evolution

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Creation

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Theistic Evolution

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
Discuss.

I believe that a god created life and that it evolved into it's current state

>no option for theistic evolution

edit: damnit shoe

I believe in reincarnation. That's a kind of evolution !!

Evolution, but I'd like to point out that it's not a creation theory (I suppose the antitheses to theistic creation would be the Big Bang and other such theories). Creation theories are meant to explain how life got here, while evolution is meant to explain what happened to it once it did.

Ok I added the choice for theistic evolution.

How exactly do proponents of Evolution and a supernatural creator reconcile the theory with their religious tenets?

Oh, god, I wondered when someone would try and make an intellectual debate.

Anyway, can't you believe in both? I think I do. I mean, Evolution and Creation.

A debate an evolution VS creation will totally be solved on a Mario forum. It's not like people have been arguing about it for many, many years!

Mason said:
I'm an evangelical Christian! toucans not included
Aren't evangelicals Young Earth Creationists?

You obviously don't know what evangelical means.

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
How exactly do proponents of Evolution and a supernatural creator reconcile the theory with their religious tenets?

i dont actually know, i dont have any religious tenets to reconcile it with. i just dont like it when people act like evolution = atheism and creationism = theism and they are TOTALLY 100% MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE ALWAYS. none of those things are true

You know you can believe in regular evolution and not be an atheist

Xenophon P. Wilfley said:
Does that include the human evolution part of it? Does evolution HAVE to mean that men descended from apes? Believe it or not, virtually no one would have a problem with the theory if it were not for that one small part of it...

Does that include the human evolution part of it? Does evolution HAVE to mean that men descended from apes? Believe it or not, virtually no one would have a problem with the theory if it were not for that one small part of it...
So what your telling me is that everything but humans evolved how the fuck does that work especially when you take into account the million upon billions upon possibly trillions of years humans weren't here.
EDIT: You're also confusing believing in evolution with atheism it's possible to believe that god played no part in evolution that instead god was simply here and that life just naturally evolved

especially when you take into account the million upon billions upon possibly trillions of years

Don't you understand the theory you support? The entire fucking UNIVERSE is about 14 billion old.

Does evolution HAVE to mean that men descended from apes?

humans literally are apes. this is definitional and remains a fact even if you deny evolution.

I have to say that's a terrible reason for not supporting evolution. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't true. And I'm not even an evolutionist.

I'd also like to point out that although I personally don't believe in Darwinism, that doesn't stop me from learning about it. I want to know everything about it, especially because of how accepted it is in the scientific community. I can have discussions of it and philosophize based on its restrictions, but I don't need to believe it's true in order to do that.

This topic is kinda based off a false either/or statement, since it doesn't distinguish between microevolution and macroevolution.

Back