Do you believe in Evolution or Creation?

Discuss.

• Atheist Evolution

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Creation

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Theistic Evolution

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
Xia Wang said:
Minuette said:
Mason said:
Xia Wang said:
The bible NEVER mentions anything about dinosaurs! Tell me, what verse says so that dinosaurs existed with humans? I should know, I have read the holy bible front to back and the word dinosaur never appeared.
The bible NEVER mentions anything about toucans! Tell me, what verse says so that toucans existed with humans? I should know, I have read the holy bible front to back and the word toucan never appeared.
My bible clearly shows a toucan along with other birds.
It is mentioned in Genesis: God created all the birds and animals of the air and ground, including toucans. But about dinosaurs, the description of one doesn't appear in the Holy Bible at all. Obviously the word itself wouldn't appear since dinosaur is two greek words smash together way after those times. What I'm trying to say is nothing remotely referring to a dinosaur is muttered in the Holy Bible at all. And Mason, I was serious, please don't mock me again unless that was a joke which I can take.

What about where it mentions this: "Behold behemoth whom I made with thee, he eateth grass like an ox."

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Xia Wang said:
Minuette said:
Mason said:
Xia Wang said:
The bible NEVER mentions anything about dinosaurs! Tell me, what verse says so that dinosaurs existed with humans? I should know, I have read the holy bible front to back and the word dinosaur never appeared.
The bible NEVER mentions anything about toucans! Tell me, what verse says so that toucans existed with humans? I should know, I have read the holy bible front to back and the word toucan never appeared.
It is mentioned in Genesis: God created all the birds and animals of the air and ground, including toucans. But about dinosaurs, the description of one doesn't appear in the Holy Bible at all. Obviously the word itself wouldn't appear since dinosaur is two greek words smash together way after those times. What I'm trying to say is nothing remotely referring to a dinosaur is muttered in the Holy Bible at all. And Mason, I was serious, please don't mock me again unless that was a joke which I can take.

What about where it mentions this: "Behold behemoth whom I made with thee, he eateth grass like an ox."
T-Rex's don't eat grass :P

Plunderbird said:
Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Xia Wang said:
Minuette said:
Mason said:
Xia Wang said:

T-Rex's don't eat grass :P
Plus there's tons and tons of animals that eat a ton of grass.

why would you make this thread a poll? it'd be better just make a topic asking about people's beliefs in general or something since beliefs are more specific than just "evolution or creation"

but yeah theistic evolution here though i don't really care too much about humanity's roots at all

I find science more convincing than religious theories, so I have an atheist look on evolution. The creation of all existence, however, I am agnostic around, since neither science nor religion can provide any theories and is subject to change.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
^We had a better, more civil discussion in private.

Honestly I didn't see anything not-civil about it on the boards prior. Maybe I'm just a nut.

Anyway, as for evolution
I guess it depends on how you want to perceive it like all religions. Some people seem to be more at ease when they look at things from a "holy" aspect. I appreciate spirit-based belief systems for this reason.

I viewed it as not civil because I'm the single most opinionated person on this forum and you're always so nice and it vaguely depresses/sickens me.

Back