Do you believe in Evolution or Creation?

Discuss.

• Atheist Evolution

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Creation

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Theistic Evolution

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
Evotag.gif

Perry the Platypus said:
Gogeta said:
God created the universe.
I believe this and He created the dinosaurs at the same day as humans.
I'm pretty confident that Science has confirmed that's not correct

Minuette said:
Makoto Naegi said:
Minuette said:
Makoto Naegi said:
^ no. thats the same as saying lions and felines evolved from a common ancestor.
so how did it happen?

how did... what happen?
Human evolution.

i don't know, i wasnt around to watch.

the problem with what youre saying doesnt actually have anything to do with evolution though, so thats irrelevant. the point is that humans are apes, so saying humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor is basically meaningless.

Theistic evolution. The way I see it, science explains the how, but religion explains the why.

schmutz said:
Theistic evolution. The way I see it, science explains the how, but religion explains the why.
You know what, schmutz? You're alright.

Jack Noir said:
not getting into that, oh no

There's no point in making a claim if you aren't willing to back it up. That goes for any discussion, really, but I suppose this isn't a matter worth pursuing here.

Rat said:
Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Does evolution HAVE to mean that men descended from apes?

Existence can't have just happened out of nowhere.
So what your saying is that the only way to account for our existence is to recognize that in the begining, there was an uncaused, uncreated being? Because logically, if there was not an eternal being in the begining, nothing could have ever logically existed? And everything started with the big bang? What caused the Big Bang? The whole universe was a singularity the size of a proton 14 billion years ago? And what surrounded that protonsized matter? Nothing, according to science? Absolutely nothing surrounded a small singularity that would become the universe after it exploded? Oh really? Can't the Big Bang be an explanation of God doing it? What caused the proton signularity that caused the explosion? They don't know you say? If there was not an uncaused, uncreated being at the very begining, you could never arrive at a first cause? Because when you finally arrive at something, that thing would also have had to have been caused by something else? Therefore, you'd never possibly arrive at a beginging? The idea that ANYTHING could be created out of nothing is insane and violates the law of causality, and therefore proves that God exists? The idea of an eternal being that was uncaused and uncreated may be difficult for us mere mortals to grasp, but is in absolutely no way illogical? But it is completely illogical to say that something could be created out of nothing without a first cause? Hmm... interesting. And prominent atheists like Richard Dawkins are willing to admit that that a higher being could possibly account for existence (some type of alien), but is unwilling to admit the existence of a super-natural God? That just because prominent atheists are smart, doesn't mean they know everything and seem to be agenda driven due to political bias believe religion is deterimental to society? Very interesting opinion, I could have in no way put it better myself.

Rat said:
Does evolution HAVE to mean that men descended from apes?

Existence can't have just happened out of nowhere.
So what your saying is that the only way to account for our existence is to recognize that in the begining, there was an uncaused, uncreated being? Because logically, if there was not an eternal being in the begining, nothing could have ever logically existed? And everything started with the big bang? What caused the Big Bang? The whole universe was a singularity the size of a proton 14 billion years ago? And what surrounded that protonsized matter? Nothing, according to science? Absolutely nothing surrounded a small singularity that would become the universe after it exploded? Oh really? Can't the Big Bang be an explanation of God doing it? What caused the proton signularity that caused the explosion? They don't know you say? If there was not an uncaused, uncreated being at the very begining, you could never arrive at a first cause? Because when you finally arrive at something, that thing would also have had to have been caused by something else? Therefore, you'd never possibly arrive at a beginging? The idea that ANYTHING could be created out of nothing is insane and violates the law of causality, and therefore proves that God exists? The idea of an eternal being that was uncaused and uncreated may be difficult for us mere mortals to grasp, but is in absolutely no way illogical? But it is completely illogical to say that something could be created out of nothing without a first cause? Hmm... interesting. And prominent atheists like Richard Dawkins are willing to admit that that a higher being could possibly account for existence (some type of alien), but is unwilling to admit the existence of a super-natural God? That just because prominent atheists are smart, doesn't mean they know everything and seem to be agenda driven due to political bias believe religion is deterimental to society? Very interesting opinion, I could have in no way put it better myself.

Okay. Where did God come from?

(I believe in God, I'm just playing devil's advocate here)

I'm open to the idea that the Big Bang or whatever created the universe including the deities and Buddha, and they just maintained it. But who knows? I can't say what happened that long ago, but that's not important to me.

although I suppose this theory isn't as appealing to adherents of Abrahamic faiths

Perry the Platypus said:
Gogeta said:
I believe this and He created the dinosaurs at the same day as humans, says the Holy Bible, so it's true
The bible NEVER mentions anything about dinosaurs! Tell me, what verse says so that dinosaurs existed with humans? I should know, I have read the holy bible front to back and the word dinosaur never appeared.

Xia Wang said:
Perry the Platypus said:
Gogeta said:
I believe this and He created the dinosaurs at the same day as humans, says the Holy Bible, so it's true
The bible NEVER mentions anything about dinosaurs! Tell me, what verse says so that dinosaurs existed with humans? I should know, I have read the holy bible front to back and the word dinosaur never appeared.
I actually looked that up and apparently dinosaur wasn't a term that would be used back then

Xia Wang said:
I have read the holy bible front to back and the word dinosaur never appeared.

Neither did the word toucan unless I'm mistaken. Yet toucans probably did exist in the time of man.

I really don't want to get into this, but I do believe God has always been around since the beginning and created everything. You can't just subscribe to just part of the Bible; that's not what being a believer is.

Back