Namco Bandai is co-developing SSB4.

Pac-Man confirmed for Smash 4.

Calling it.

interesting.

and yeah, I'd say Pac Man's chances just increased, big time.

This was certainly unexpected. Though this makes me concerned for Mega Man. Perhaps Mega Man will still get in though. Namco might just be that 4th mystery company that I was predicting. Though I thought Square would get it.

Who knows, maybe there's FIVE spots actually or something like that.

I'm guessing we're now going to have Soul and Tekken-based Assist Trophies or something.

oh god that would be amazing

Wait, forget Pac-Man. Nightmare for Smash 4. Link was in Soul Calibur 2, so why not?

WAIT A MOMENT

Remember Project X-Zone? The project that has Namco, Capcom, and Sega with their big project on the 3DS? What if those 3 also went to Nintendo for SSB4? Sega to reaffirm Sonic in the game, Capcom to get Mega Man (hopefully), and Namco to place Pac-Man or someone else for whatever reason?

Northern Verve said:
WAIT A MOMENT

Remember Project X-Zone? The project that has Namco, Capcom, and Sega with their big project on the 3DS? What if those 3 also went to Nintendo for SSB4? Sega to reaffirm Sonic in the game, Capcom to get Mega Man (hopefully), and Namco to place Pac-Man or someone else for whatever reason?
doctor-who-meme-generator-this-my-dear-friend-is-fucking-genius-d41d8c.jpg

I would totally be alright with those three characters.

I don't really want to see Pac-Man in the game either to be honest, I'd rather see a Soul character in the game.

I'm neutral on Pac-Man. But doesn't he have some CGI High School related cartoon coming up? ._.

Doesn't necessarily mean they'll even mention that. But it still scares me.

Northern Verve said:
I'm neutral on Pac-Man. But doesn't he have some CGI High School related cartoon coming up? ._.

Doesn't necessarily mean they'll even mention that. But it still scares me.
I'm gonna give it at least a chance.

I heard Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy was voicing.

Anser said:
Goood NOOOOOOO, Snake and Sonic are more than enough!!!!!!!!!!
Wait why do you hate the thought of more 3rd party characters it makes no sense to exclude people based off of the fact that Nintendo didn't make them.

Sakurai posted this page from Nintendo Dream (a Japanese magazine) on his twitter page. It's a character popularity poll, and Sakurai was surprised by the results.

Av5YocRCQAAzxRm.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/215707283961823232/photo/1

1. Pit
2. Mario
3. Kirby
4. Link
5. Luigi
6. Pikachu
7. Chrome (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
8. Yoshi
9. Ike
10. Zelda (Skyward Sword)
11. Marth
12. Hatsune Miku
13. Viridi
14. Waluigi
15. Sonic
16. Dark Pit
17. Palutena
18. Kirino Ranmaru (Inazuma Eleven)
19. ?
20. Fox

Sakurai was probably just surprised that Pit was number 1, and that three other Kid Icarus characters also made the top 20, but maybe he'll take this poll into consideration?

I'm glad pit got number one. But I didn't expect to see so many uprising characters. And Yoshi is 8th so that's good.

Also, the namco-bandai thing could be good. I won't mind if they put in Pac-Man. Just another character to play as.

Back