Namco Bandai is co-developing SSB4.

Xenophon P. Wilfley said:
Anser said:
Anser said:
Also, Rosalina is the one and only character from the Marioverse who has a backstory. That automatically makes her great (see why people hate Waluigi so much, aside from being obnoxious).
Wario has a back story as to why he hates Mario, Mario and Luigi both have back stories in the form of the Yoshi series and the cartoons, Peach has a back story in the form of Partners in time and YIDS, and Bowser has a back story in the form of the Yoshi series. Also having a back story doesn't make you great it means you're more complicated and it doesn't do you any good if your back story sucks.

I was referring to non-main characters. I guess I forgot to clarify that after my "one and only Marioverse character" sentence. Rosalina's backstory makes her more valuable than other secondary characters like Daisy or Waluigi. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood your last sentence as if you said Rosalina's backstory sucks, and it doesn't.
You really think a back story adds more value to a character in the Mario series tell me this how often has Wario's back story come up never it's never mentioned in the games. Tell me this how much did Rosalina's back story influence Galaxy 2 or Mario Kart wii and 7. And do you really think it would add anything to a fighting game especially this type of fighting game? You wanna know what matters in this type of a game marketability and name recognition this game is all about using your favorite characters to beat the hell out of other characters which means the most popular characters will get in while other will stay out. The only exceptions to this rule are important nostalgic things such as R.O.B and Mr. Game & Watch.

Wait WHAT?! You're taking this way too seriously, sit down! We're just talking about FICTIONAL characters. Plus, next time, add a few comas; it was painful to read your whole paragraph in one take. Influence has nothing to do with the characters being included in games' rosters, I'm just talking about how people value characters with a backstory more than characters who don't have one! It doesn't mean I want Rosalina in Smash: I know she doesn't have the slightest chance of being a playable character, plus, the game's style doesn't even suit her. I just pointed out how strange it is that Rosalina didn't have more votes than Daisy, considering that Rosalina's fanbase is getting bigger by the day.

Anser said:
Anser said:
Anser said:
Also, Rosalina is the one and only character from the Marioverse who has a backstory. That automatically makes her great (see why people hate Waluigi so much, aside from being obnoxious).
Wario has a back story as to why he hates Mario, Mario and Luigi both have back stories in the form of the Yoshi series and the cartoons, Peach has a back story in the form of Partners in time and YIDS, and Bowser has a back story in the form of the Yoshi series. Also having a back story doesn't make you great it means you're more complicated and it doesn't do you any good if your back story sucks.

I was referring to non-main characters. I guess I forgot to clarify that after my "one and only Marioverse character" sentence. Rosalina's backstory makes her more valuable than other secondary characters like Daisy or Waluigi. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood your last sentence as if you said Rosalina's backstory sucks, and it doesn't.
You really think a back story adds more value to a character in the Mario series tell me this how often has Wario's back story come up never it's never mentioned in the games. Tell me this how much did Rosalina's back story influence Galaxy 2 or Mario Kart wii and 7. And do you really think it would add anything to a fighting game especially this type of fighting game? You wanna know what matters in this type of a game marketability and name recognition this game is all about using your favorite characters to beat the hell out of other characters which means the most popular characters will get in while other will stay out. The only exceptions to this rule are important nostalgic things such as R.O.B and Mr. Game & Watch.

Wait WHAT?! You're taking this way too seriously, sit down! Plus, next time, add a few comas; it was painful to read your whole paragraph in one take. Influence has nothing to do with the characters being included in game's rosters, I'm just talking about how people value characters with a backstory more than characters who don't have one! It doesn't mean I want Rosalina in Smash: I know she doesn't have the slightest chance of being a playable character, plus, the game's style doesn't even suit her. I just pointed out how strange it is that Rosalina didn't have more votes than Daisy, considering that Rosalina's fanbase is getting bigger by the day.
Clearly Daisy's fan base is many times larger then Rosalina's and you know what I'm replying to your belief that Rosalina is more popular then Daisy which can very easily be proven incorrect.

Propeller Toad said:
1046516_o.gif

I don't think the poll will mean that the character is getting into this game automatically. I don't really see Toad as a good fighter.

Crackin355 said:
I don't think the poll will mean that the character is getting into this game automatically. I don't really see Toad as a good fighter.

And yet there are those who think that it could work. Of course, no matter how the game is made, there will be those who will complain.

MnSG said:
Crackin355 said:

And yet there are those who think that it could work. Of course, no matter how the game is made, there will be those who will complain.

It could work, but I just don't see it being very likely. And there is always people who complain.

Crackin355 said:

inb4Propeller Toad who counter argues that

I think Bandai-Namco are going to do an excellent job since they house two well-known fighting games, I just hope that Nintendo doesn't change the fighting mechanics.

Xia Wang said:
I think Bandai-Namco are going to do an excellent job since they house two well-known fighting games, I just hope that Nintendo doesn't change the fighting mechanics.
inb4

Just kidding, but I am glad that Namco is working on this. They can actually make the characters balanced this time.

I would love to have "traditional one-on-one fighter" as an OPTIONAL play mode though. It won't happen, but y'know.

I was just thinking, and I don't know if anyone else has said this, but Namco also worked on the Tales of series. Could there be any chance for anyone representing that series to be in?

Back