Your least favorite controls

MikeyO11

Microgamer Extordinair
What is the worst control in video game history? I personally STINK at anything with a joystick. (mainly arcade games)

DustForce has some of the most unintuitive controls of any PC game I've ever played. But it's still just so much fun.

I really have to agree; despite re-mapping the controls to something I was more comfortable with on my first day with it, it's still awkward with the controls a lot of the time.

New Super Mario said:
I hated the Epic Mickey controls and was one of the reasons (plus the camera) why I got rid of it.
do not get ultramario over here

Well, first time I played Galaxy, my neck hurt SO MUCH after it. I really don't know why.

But it has to be Mario Kart 64. The N64 controller is hard to get used to.

I absolutely HATE my PS2 controller. The analog stick is busted, the buttons stick, and there's a huge amount of lag between when I pull an action and when it happens on screen.

I really need to get a new one as Gamestop sometime soon or I'm gonna flip.

I don't like drifting in Mario Kart: Super Circuit. However, regarding actual control schemes, the worst I've experienced would have to be those on the GameCube when playing Metroid Prime or Resident Evil 4, since I'm uncomfortable with aiming a gun using an analog stick, so it was great once those were ported to the Wii.

Any Nintendo 64 game. I don't like the controller

Baby Luigi said:
Me neither.

There's three handles, and only two hands.

Also, the old XBox (did I spell that right?) controller.

It's so big, and me having small hands doesn't help it.

Minuette said:
Waddle Dee said:
Well, first time I played Galaxy, my neck hurt SO MUCH after it. I really don't know why.
Is this why?

Probably not.

I got the same neck problem and that's because we stay in one position for a too long time. It's not a controller problem, it's more of an endurance and a time period thing.

I don't like the NES/Super Advantage controllers, mainly because they're joystick controllers.
NES-advantage.jpg

Super-Advantage-Controller.jpg

I didn't like the controls for Super Mario 64 DS for whatever reason. And like M4E said, I don't like drifting in Mario Kart: Super Circuit.

I'm pretty much okay with everything else I've played though.

Minuette said:
Baby Luigi said:
Me neither.

There's three handles, and only two hands.

Also, the old XBox (did I spell that right?) controller.

It's so big, and me having small hands doesn't help it.

I held the middle and right handles on the N64 controller and it worked just fine. But I guess I just got used to it after a while which is why I didn't mind it.

Joystick controls. Hate them, in fighting games where there's low, high and middle buttons, and kick and punch buttons, I just absolutely hate. I can't get the hang of the complex moves, it's not like smash bros, where I had an easy time setting up combos using smash attacks and meteor smashs to juggle people and destroy people.

I've been playing Super Mario 64 again lately and have come to a realisation that the controls in this game despise me in every way possible.

I have to agree, the controls in Super Mario 64 DS are pretty shit. It's impossible to use the D-pad to swing Bowser, so I need to use the stylus, but by the time I am about to throw him, I lose momentum. I prefered the controls in the original, even though my R button is kinda broken.

Also Mario Party minigames and shit where you need to spin the analog stick like a maniac. Fuck those, I don't even try on them. Mario Kart 64 had slippery controls, but maybe that was just me.

I remember my cousin had a PS2 game with some terribly shitty controls. Forgot the name of it though.

I didn't have a problem with super Mario 64 DS' controls. I needed to stop and line up the screen sometimes, but that was for when I needed to do a shortcut with luigi's spinning jump.

Sonic Colors with the Wiimote sideways is terrible especially in 3D sections. (I use the Nunchuck)
Mariomario64 said:
I didn't like the controls for Super Mario 64 DS for whatever reason. And like M4E said, I don't like drifting in Mario Kart: Super Circuit.

Super Mario 64 DS controls are alright once you get used to it. For Mario Kart Super Circuit I had to agree on you on that one.

NSY said:
Sonic Colors with the Wiimote sideways is terrible especially in 3D sections. (I use the Nunchuck)
Mariomario64 said:

Super Mario 64 DS controls are alright once you get used to it. For Mario Kart Super Circuit I had to agree on you on that one.
You can use it on the side? Oh well I use the Nunuchuck and it works well for me.

MY GOD. I hate Super Mario 64 DS' controls. It's so stressful, I always die at Thwomp's Fortress cause of them.

Also, I didn't like the controls for Super Mario Kart, the drifting sucks ass, same for Super Circuit.

Paper Mario's controls aren't too bad but the Action Commands.

Tidal Wave's action command makes me furious.

Baby Luigi said:

Mario Party killed a amount of Control Sticks. But N64's controller is more fun than GameCube's. I suck at the Action Commands in TTYD.

Sayaka Maizono said:
Mario Kart 64 had slippery controls, but maybe that was just me.

Nope, that's not you. Mario Kart 64's controls were ass.

Also one of my biggest pet peeves is trying to play a 2D platformer with an analog stick.

Which really sucks for me because, as I said before, the D-Pad on my PS2 controller broke, meaning that I am forced to use the analog stick when playing anything Mega Man-related.

It's why I almost gave up on the series when I was younger.

Super Mario 64 DS has the worst controls in the WORLD. Mario Superstar Baseball's control also sucks.

Back