Have you ever been banned ??

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
..Why?

BTW I said BANNED members, not suspended members! There's a difference! Banned is permanent, and refers to the people permantly banned for trolling and flooding the forums with spam, etc.
Around here, banned means tempbanned/suspended, and permabanned means permanently banned/permabanned.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
i once got baned umm... when i went on chat on the #channel by some guy named marioman51 i totally deserved it. i was being stupid. i was banned for a day, and i go on channel, im banned, i tell spf, he unbans me.THE END

i got banned by myself a few times for 5 minutes, i banned mm51 for an hour, spf unbans hi, i freak out and flee from every channel hes in (or was it this other guy i dont remember), anyway, im probably gonna delete this after a while, so quote it to make it immortal if you wish

Bam, Immortalized.

I've never been banned, although some random thing happened once on the wiki a while back between me and another user and I got a Reminder for it.

In case anyone's wondering what a board warning looks like:

PM Subject: You Have Sinned said:
The Moderation has determined you are a scumbag for making this post:
Toucans are not God.
We (as in the entity, The Moderation) have decided that you shall face an indefinite ban until you can prove your Love to toucans.

Thanks, the managament

Radagast the Brown said:
Gideon Gordon Graves said:
Good riddance to all the banned members!

Big talk from someone who, if I know my facts (I probably don't, please don't hurt me) is racing headlong into a ban of his own. I'm not an admin and I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about
...Why?

BTW I said BANNED members, not suspended members! There's a difference! Banned is permanent, and refers to the people permantly banned for trolling and flooding the forums with spam, etc.
Show a little respect. Sure some users trolled enough that they were banned, but saying something like "good riddance that they were banned" would probably coax them into coming back. Plus, what if the mods decided to un ban one of these users?

And ban apples to both types, whether they be temporary or permanent. As far as I know, there is no suspended rank.
Why the hell should banned users be respected? Respect is something you should earn not something you are entitled to just because you were here

I've received quite a couple of warnings recently mainly because of my flame war against Shoey.

Cheyenne Bodie said:
Radagast the Brown said:

Big talk from someone who, if I know my facts (I probably don't, please don't hurt me) is racing headlong into a ban of his own. I'm not an admin and I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about
...Why?

Show a little respect. Sure some users trolled enough that they were banned, but saying something like "good riddance that they were banned" would probably coax them into coming back. Plus, what if the mods decided to un ban one of these users?

And ban apples to both types, whether they be temporary or permanent. As far as I know, there is no suspended rank.
Why the hell should banned users be respected? Respect is something you should earn not something you are entitled to just because you were here

Ok, what? Did I not just explain that if you coax them enough, they're bound to come back?

Shoey, it seems like you're getting pretty angry at me lately, don't know what the fuck I've done to you, but it would be nice if you could ruddy well tone it down a bit.

Radagast the Brown said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
Radagast the Brown said:

...Why?

Ok, what? Did I not just explain that if you coax them enough, they're bound to come back?

Shoey, it seems like you're getting pretty angry at me lately, don't know what the fuck I've done to you, but it would be nice if you could ruddy well tone it down a bit.
Lets look at your logic
Step One user gets blocked
Step two people make fun of user
Step three banned user sees this
Step 4 banned user comes back
Step 5 banned user gets blocked again

Your logic doesn't make any sense why would the people who just got banned still be here unless he was planning on coming back, why would look at this thread, and finally out of all the past users who were blocked forever on the forums how many of them weren't already hated by the majority of the users?

Cheyenne Bodie said:
Radagast the Brown said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
Radagast the Brown said:

...Why?

Lets look at your logic

Your logic doesn't make any sense why would the people who just got banned still be here unless he was planning on coming back, why would look at this thread, and finally out of all the past users who were blocked forever on the forums how many of them weren't already hated by the majority of the users?
Alright then, fine. Let's go with your logic. So the next time you make a massive mistake, get banned for it, we'll say good riddance to that, and see your reaction.

Radagast the Brown said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
Radagast the Brown said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
Radagast the Brown said:

...Why?

Lets look at your logic

Alright then, fine. Let's go with your logic. So the next time you make a massive mistake, get banned for it, we'll say good riddance to that, and see your reaction.
Been there done that

Yeah, other people won't like that.

Besides, you pretty much took what I said half way through the middle of a conversation, which brings me to my point - are you angry at me?

So, reading over this argument unfolding, I noticed something. It seems possible that the two of you have talked yourselves into a frenzy over what might very well be a misunderstanding.

[quote author=Neptune99]Show a little respect. Sure some users trolled enough that they were banned, but saying something like "good riddance that they were banned" would probably coax them into coming back. Plus, what if the mods decided to un ban one of these users? [/quote]

I get the feeling you don't actually mean to say "respect" here, but something along the lines of "reason", or "sense". You're arguing not to make sure banned users are respected (because it is pretty silly to respect someone shouting profanity at you or w/e), but that people are reasonable enough not to agitate the banned ones into coming back with a vengeance. At least that is the vibe I am getting from it.

[quote author=Shoey]Your logic doesn't make any sense why would the people who just got banned still be here unless he was planning on coming back, why would look at this thread, and finally out of all the past users who were blocked forever on the forums how many of them weren't already hated by the majority of the users?[/quote]

I have to disagree with this point. If you get rid of the word "respect" in Neptune's original post, his logic does hold up to an extent. The potential situation he is describing has actually happened on multiple occasions in the past, with users like Rudnicki, or that Seaweed Doctor person. It also used to happen a lot on Userpedia and the Wiki, and it's especially big in chat. Having themselves be referenced in some way has infused banned people with motivation to create a batch of sockpuppets to try and release their pent up frustration with their bans. It happens more often than you think.

In any case, this isn't something you need to argue about in the way you've been doing. It's very likely a result of a misunderstanding, based on unfortunate word choices and idk what else.

Lolwat is happening here.

So, I was banned here for flaming. My first warning was involved in a verbal assault because two people called me a "fucking idiot", I just can't get over that. Seriously, how would you feel if you came all the way to this forum just to be called someone who lacks intelligence? The "fucking idiot" probably was the reason for me to get banned.

Okay, now let's stop.

Here's the wiki, I was warned because someone hacked on my wiki account. Using my account, that person vandalized some pages. And put something like this into someone's talk page:

"Hey boy, there's a offer you can't refuse. Would you like to smoke some joints in the Marching Milde pages while back?" I would never put something like that in a user's talk page. What the fuck was wrong with the guy who hacked my account -_-

Also he vandalized the Chain-Chomp Romp page, one of the things he put was "Chain-Chomp Ronpa", maybe he was a Dangan Ronpa fan or he just edited the "m" in purpose?

And I believe he vandalized the Super Mario Bros. 3 page, I don't really remember what he put.

In the chat, I was banned for a similiar reason to what happened in the wiki, but instead, I was using the chat on a friend's house. I was going to get a cup of water, then my friend started flooding the chat for some reason I didn't even ask him why because I would start a flamewar with him and I was banned from the chat.

Now I would never flood the chat. Come on.

Miracle Matter said:
Lolwat is happening here.

So, I was banned here for flaming. My first warning was involved in a verbal assault because two people called me a "fucking idiot", I just can't get over that. Seriously, how would you feel if you came all the way to this forum just to be called someone who lacks intelligence? The "fucking idiot" probably was the reason for me to get banned.

Okay, now let's stop.

Here's the wiki, I was warned because someone hacked on my wiki account. Using my account, that person vandalized some pages. And put something like this into someone's talk page:

"Hey boy, there's a offer you can't refuse. Would you like to smoke some joints in the Marching Milde pages while back?" I would never put something like that in a user's talk page. What the fuck was wrong with the guy who hacked my account -_-

Also he vandalized the Chain-Chomp Romp page, one of the things he put was "Chain-Chomp Ronpa", maybe he was a Dangan Ronpa fan or he just edited the "m" in purpose?

And I believe he vandalized the Super Mario Bros. 3 page, I don't really remember what he put.

In the chat, I was banned for a similiar reason to what happened in the wiki, but instead, I was using the chat on a friend's house. I was going to get a cup of water, then my friend started flooding the chat for some reason I didn't even ask him why because I would start a flamewar with him and I was banned from the chat.

Now I would never flood the chat. Come on.

This isn't a thread for trying to justify why you shouldn't be banned.

Miracle Matter said:
I just can't get over that. Seriously, how would you feel if you came all the way to this forum just to be called someone who lacks intelligence? [...] someone hacked on my wiki account. [...] I would never put something like that in a user's talk page [...] I was going to get a cup of water, then my friend started flooding the chat for some reason [...] Now I would never flood the chat. Come on.

On UP. Yes. For flaming or something in my noob days. I forget actually, but I know it was for me being stupid, so be it.

Back