How do you prefer to next Mario Football installment?

How do you prefer to one?

• Accumulate previous characters and stadiums

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Make a completely new roster

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Windy

Lakitu
Currently, Next Level Games has developing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. This game is released, Mario Football Wii U is possible.
Option 1: Previous characters have returning and all default. Also, Stadiums are return and accumulate.
Option 2: Like as Mario Baseball roster. Some of characters are captain, others are sidekick/goalie. Stadiums are completely different and some of them are return.
Petey Piranha has going to be sidekick/goalie. and Birdo has going to be captain.
Total of 15 captains and one captain has 4 sidekicks/goalies. (Other characters on sidekicks/goalies are unlocked)
Captain List: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo, Rosalina, Lubba, King K. Rool.

I rather not see a captain and sidekick system. I personally want to see each of the characters as equals as opposed to having some being seen as more significant than others. Just like the spin-offs excluding the Mario Strikers and Baseball games (which is why I dislike these two spin-off series). Just like Mario Sports Mix for instance. No status system there; yet, the teams still worked out well.

I personally want all the playable characters to being treated equally with special abilities, statistics, and importance. None of the captain being priority system. :toad:

I'd like a Mario Football game that isn't so effing broken it makes you want to hurl the controller through the TV screen.

Tatanga said:
I'd like a Mario Football game that isn't so effing broken it makes you want to hurl the controller through the TV screen.

THIS.

I'd like all the captains to return, but not all the stadiums. I really like Rosalina, but I insist, Mario Strikers does NOT suit her and she should be kept out of it.

Propeller Toad just took the words right out of my mouth.

Besides, if Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are playable = day one buy

Roster doesn't entirely matter to me. But I'd personally like custom tournaments to return from the first Strikers game. I'd like to play through some tournaments without having to be forced to do the cups like in Strikers Charged.

In comparison with Baseball games, it's truly dull to see a soccer team mostly composed of generic species instead of Mario allstars, or strange to see main characters fight each other with unfamiliar minions.

I guess the staff thought that we mainly play as the captain in soccer while we can play as different batter in baseball, so teammates are insignificant. But there are still some soccer games who stress on individual teammates, like Inazuma series.

Tatanga said:
What the hell is Mario Football

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Tatanga said:
The Mario Strikers series is basically football with Mario characters.

Tatanga said:

Mario Strikers/Charged

It's called Mario Strikers Charge Football on my PAL version, but I like to drop the Football part.

I liked Charged good enough. My friends are obsessed with it when they visit. Although, they could use without those power strikes. Those pretty much halt the game entirely, and gives you an unnecessary minigame. It's good that you can unlock a cheat to disable them though.

manasword said:
Currently, Next Level Games has developing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. This game is released, Mario Football Wii U is possible. It really does not make sense. EDIT: Wait, I get it now. Mario Strikers series also will be the next level of game.

Option 1: Previous characters have returning and all default. Also, Stadiums are return and accumulate. I'm glad to come back all the characters, they are in need of a new stage.

Option 2: Like as Mario Baseball roster. Some of characters are captain, others are sidekick/goalie. Stadiums are completely different and some of them are return.
Oh, I see now, please. Will not only step back before it, there is a new stage.

Petey Piranha has going to be sidekick/goalie. and Birdo has going to be captain. Common species to replace the Petty piranha as captain? Different!

Total of 15 captains and one captain has 4 sidekicks/goalies. (Other characters on sidekicks/goalies are unlocked) It is a good amount. I do not have many characters too, is not too small.

Captain List: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo, Rosalina, Lubba, King K. Rool. Rosalina? Are you serious? I can imagine the people slamming her to the electric fence is not allowed. It is just different with her.
My response are shown in bold.

Minuette said:
Common species to replace the Petty piranha as captain? Different!
Well? We usually talk about the Birdo who is a spinoff regular, unless you want Yoshi"s" to be sidekick too :-\.

Dorayaki said:
Minuette said:
Common species to replace the Petty piranha as captain? Different!
Well? We usually talk about the Birdo who is a spinoff regular, unless you want Yoshi"s" to be sidekick too :-\.
Oh, I thought you appeared in the previous game Mario Strikers, and means the species was buddy.

However, I think as you like Birdo me much, so it may cause confusion with the Birdo buddy captain and Birdo, I would rather to have a piranha of Petty as Captain.

Minuette said:
Oh, I thought you appeared in the previous game Mario Strikers, and means the species was buddy.
However, I think as you like Birdo me much, so it may cause confusion with the Birdo buddy captain and Birdo, I would rather to have a piranha of Petty as Captain.
Baseball games didn't regard Birdo as species (for no color option). I wonder if they would add colors for Birdo in the next baseball or football.

Anyway, I don't see that confused if the captain must be the main character, or this topic mean that "anyone" can be the captain.

Dorayaki said:
Baseball games didn't regard Birdo as species (for no color option). However, we are not talking about professional baseball series.

I wonder if they would add colors for Birdo in the next baseball or football. If they need more characters, perhaps.

Anyway, I don't see that confused if the captain must be the main character, or this topic mean that "anyone" can be the captain. What are you talking about and I, people may be confused to Birdo as they're playing, it is possible that there is a lot of people will be lost.

I would just like to see a bigger character roster. Neither of those games have a lot a sidekicks.

Minuette said:
Anyway, I don't see that confused if the captain must be the main character, or this topic mean that "anyone" can be the captain. What are you talking about and I, people may be confused to Birdo as they're playing, it is possible that there is a lot of people will be lost.
That applies to Yoshi as well, so this is the problem that the staff have to fix themselves if using baseball rules.

Tatanga said:
A Mario game based around football (much like a Mario Tennis game is a Mario game based around tennis), of which there are currently two, with a potential third being discussed on this thread:

640px-Mario_Smash_Football_Logo.png
551px-Mario_Strikers_Charged_Football_Logo.jpg

Dorayaki said:
Minuette said:
That applies to Yoshi as well, so this is the problem that the staff have to fix themselves if using baseball rules.
Again, we are not in football, are talking about baseball. The game of football buddy Yoshi is not available. If they Birdoes as having a partner as well as, put a Birdo as captain, it can be confusing.

I liked the gimmicks in the strikers charged levels, like the dump where there's a slight slide that drags you to the middle or thunder island where you can get knocked off by cows and tractors and they don't come back for a minute. They were nice. Bring them back.

I'd much rather have actual teams, like Team Mario with Toad, Toadette, Toadsworth, Yoshi, and Luigi with some others that you can substitute in. I never really liked the captain/sidekick system. Preset teams with an option to have captain/sidekick or just teams would be great.

Crackin355 said:
I liked the gimmicks in the strikers charged levels, like the dump where there's a slight slide that drags you to the middle or thunder island where you can get knocked off by cows and tractors and they don't come back for a minute. They were nice. Bring them back.

QFT

I loved Thunder Island and Crystal Canyon to death and NOT because of the music.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

QFT

I loved Thunder Island and Crystal Canyon to death and NOT because of the music.

Now that you mention it, I'd like to point that Mario Strikers Charged has an excellent soundtrack. The Classroom's theme and Crystal Canyon's theme are my favorites. I also liked that each character has their own theme, and each theme is a different type of music. The best character theme would have to be Luigi's flamenco.

Anser said:
Now that you mention it, I'd like to point that Mario Strikers Charged has an excellent soundtrack. The Classroom's theme and Crystal Canyon's theme are my favorites. I also liked that each character has their own theme, and each theme is a different type of music. The best character theme would have to be Luigi's flamenco.

Again, you share my opinion. I absolutely LOVE the Mario Striker Charged Soundtrack and the character themes were awesome.

Back