The perfect spin off roster

By "Original 8", I'm referring to the original Mario Kart roster (minus DK Jr. for obvious reasons). "Supporting 8" refers to their logical counterparts.

That's how I always see it, anyway.

Wario is playable more times than Koopa Troopa in general. So he's more of a regular than Koopa Troopa.

Baby Luigi said:
Wario is playable more times than Koopa Troopa in general. So he's more of a regular than Koopa Troopa.

The Original 8 are the Eight from Super Mario Kart. With DK Jr. Grown up.

Yoshbert said:
The perfect spin-off roster in my eyes:

- The "Original" 8:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Koopa Troopa

- The "Supporting" 8:
Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Birdo, Toadette, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., and Paratroopa

- Babies:
Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and no more.
Koopa Troopa is also in the enemy group, unless you can hadle the species problem by calling Paper characters.
Diddy Kong is not the only DK character, so it's impossible to put him in the supportors.
And there are not only 2 official babies. Unless the staff made the newest Yoshi sequel and claim that all babies won't appear in further Mario franchise.

Dorayaki said:
Koopa Troopa is also in the enemy group, unless you can hadle the species problem by calling Paper characters.
Diddy Kong is not the only DK character, so it's impossible to put him in the supportors.
And there are not only 2 official babies. Unless the staff made the newest Yoshi sequel and claim that all babies won't appear in further Mario franchise.
Indeed, I have not seen him as a member of the original eight.
槓子 other is usually not been, he is a large number of spin-off.
Yoshbert, the baby version of Mario and Luigi are saying that it is a baby that just wants to spin-off of his roster. He does not suggest that it is a baby of only two of them.

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:

The Original 8 are the Eight from Super Mario Kart. With DK Jr. Grown up.

Did anybody read this? Koopa was one of the original 8 from the first game.

Like how smash bros. has the original 12

Crackin355 said:
Did anybody read this? Koopa was one of the original 8 from the first game.

Like how smash bros. has the original 12
This is what I was getting at. If I called them the "Big 8", that would be an entirely different matter.

Dorayaki said:

He's the second most important character, so he's a very logical choice.

Dorayaki said:
And there are not only 2 official babies.

Yes, but they're the only two who should be playable. If any.

Dorayaki said:
Crackin355 said:
I don't care about characters much, but Toad is a pretty important character in the series. They should use him more often. Maybe they think he's best as a host character?
I do care more about that the main Toads are neither hosts nor players in recent games. If Toadsworth can be a regular host, I can't find the reason that Toad is absent.

In the view of Olympics, the staff might think that Toad isn't a strong athlete in Mario world (even though Peach's physical ability never shows in mainstream games).

Toad is both the fastest and the strongest in SMB2.

Yoshbert said:

- The "Original" 8:

- The "Supporting" 8:

- Iconic enemies:
Hammer Bro., Dry Bones, Shy Guy, Lakitu, Wiggler

- Babies:

- Well-known, yet underused:
Rosalina, Professor E. Gadd, Ludwig von Koopa (or some other Koopaling), Kamek, Petey Piranha, and/or King Boo

Re-skinned/recolored characters (Metal Mario, Dry Bowser, White Yoshi or whatever) get sent to DLC/QR codes.

This roster, IMO, would be perfect if Koopa Paratroopa was replaced by a more unique character...

Pandapowah said:
Yoshbert said:

- The "Original" 8:

- The "Supporting" 8:

- Iconic enemies:
Hammer Bro., Dry Bones, Shy Guy, Lakitu, Wiggler

- Babies:

- Well-known, yet underused:
Rosalina, Professor E. Gadd, Ludwig von Koopa (or some other Koopaling), Kamek, Petey Piranha, and/or King Boo

Re-skinned/recolored characters (Metal Mario, Dry Bowser, White Yoshi or whatever) get sent to DLC/QR codes.

This roster, IMO, would be perfect if Koopa Paratroopa was replaced by a more unique character...

Hey, I like Paratroopa. Koopa Troopa is the one who should be replaced. Maybe Boo?

Yasuhiro Hagakure said:
He's the second most important character, so he's a very logical choice.
Yes, but they're the only two who should be playable. If any.
So after all it's your subjective thought while nobody say only one can "representive" each subseries to be in spinoffs (that sounds more like Brawl). :???:

Koopa Troopa is overrated, people play as it alot in Mario Power Tennis, Super Mario Kart and others. Paratroopa is the other way around, considering people don't use it too much.

I guess the winged ones are not so popular as their wingless counterparts.

Magikrazy said:
Snifit said:
Koopa Troopa is overrated, people play as it alot in Mario Power Tennis, Super Mario Kart and others.
Because he's good in those games.

He sucks in Mario Power Tennis. The only thing he has going for it is his speed and his lunge.

Besides, Koopa Troopa is an overly bland character. Even blander than Mario. It also has the tendency to annoy the heck out of me.

What about Yoshi? He's also bland. He's not even that good in some games and still people keep treating him as a god.

What the flush.

Snifit said:
What about Yoshi? He's also bland. He's not even that good in some games and still people keep treating him as a god.

What the flush.

The annoying type of bland

But this is off-topic; save that for overrated Mario characters.

Alright.

So, I wish Toad had more playable appearances rather than assistant appearances.

Snifit said:
Alright.

So, I wish Toad had more playable appearances rather than assistant appearances.

I agree with that. He and Toadette should replace the stupid colored Toads in the New Super Mario Bros. games

New order of characters (4 groups and other)

Primary character
*Mario
*Luigi
*Peach
*Yoshi
*Toad
*Wario
*Donkey Kong
*Bowser

Secondary character
*Waluigi
*Koopa Troopa
*Birdo
*Shy Guy
*Dry Bones
*Daisy
*Bowser Jr.
*Baby Mario
*Diddy Kong
*Boo
*Pianta
*Noki
*Hammer Bro.
*Lakitu
*Toadette
*King Boo
*Koopa Paratroopa

Tertiary character
*Luma
*Rosalina
*Petey Piranha
*Kamek
*Toadsworth
*E. Gadd
*Fly Guy
*Blooper
*Dry Bowser
*Dixie Kong
*Funky Kong
*Tiny Kong
*King K. Rool
*Kritter
*Baby Luigi
*Baby Peach
*Baby Daisy
*Baby Donkey Kong
*Mario Clones (Metal, Shadow)
*Klaptrap

Quaternary character
*Queen Bee
*Lubba
*Lanky Kong
*Cranky Kong
*Chunky Kong
*Candy Kong (She has never been playable, but maybe playable debut in next Mario Baseball.)
*Wrinkly Kong (Maybe possible in next Mario Baseball?)
*Baby Wario
*Swanky Kong (He had cameo appearance in Mario Superstar Baseball.)
*Other Kremlings

Other character
*Super Team
*R.O.B.
*Final Fantasy characters
*Koopalings (They never appeared in any Mario spin-offs.)

Lumin Blade said:
New order of characters (4 groups and other)
Primary character
Secondary character
Tertiary character
Quaternary character
Other character
I can't see you giving a common rule throughoutthe series, while in theory main characters should share the same weight. For example, species usually don't get spotlights more than characters.

And only Mario bros are officially most primary characters. While some are only spinoff regulars, you need all future rosters to give 20 seats to afford many musthaves.

Back