• New Super Mario Bros 2

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • New Super Mario Bros U

Votes: 28 93.3%

• Total voters

SuperNick3DLand

nickicksbutt7 on the main SuperMarioWiki
What game do you think will be better, i've gone through this
and in the comments I have seen (ignoring all of the ''both'' comments), about the same amount of people saying NSMB2 and about the same saying NSMBU.

Anyways I think NSMBU looks better because they finally changed the graphics and they added new power ups, plus yoshi is back.

But still im getting both.

NSMBU. From E3 the only innovation they provided for NSMB2 was "Coins, Coins, and more Coins". While the Wii U version offers high-quality graphics, Online Multiplayer (I think), and plenty more.

Im sort of suprised of the amount of people that would choose NSMB2 over NSMBU, NSMB2 doesnt appeal me (yet), the only reason that people may like it is that Raccoon Mario is back.

EDIT, as of 2:58pm went through the comments and it was 37 NSMBU to 25 NSMB2.

SuperNick3DLand said:
Im sort of suprised of the amount of people that would choose NSMB2 over NSMBU, NSMB2 doesnt appeal me (yet), the only reason that people may like it is that Raccoon Mario is back.
And rezonr

NSMB2 has:Raccoon power up, LOTS OF COINS, golden power up, golden enemies, Reznor.
NSMBU has:4 players, Squirrel power up, baby yoshi's, yoshi able to balloon up, a nother person adding platforms [With the Wii U Controller]

They both looks good so i'll prolly end up getting both

NSMBU definitely based on the information we have now. As the others have said, the game looks interesting and it definitely gives off quite a fun vibe to me. I'm really loving the background scenery as well (much better than the previous NSMB games).

NSMB2 seems to have an objective of collecting coins, but other than that I'm just really unsure of what the goal of that game is supposed to be. Saving Peach perhaps, but with all those coins around? :???:

Propeller Toad said:
NSMB2 seems to have an objective of collecting coins, but other than that I'm just really unsure of what the goal of that game is supposed to be. Saving Peach perhaps, but with all those coins around? :???:
Mario needs money too after all he prolly doesn't have to much time to make money with his day job plumbing so he has to get as many coins as possible to keep the lights on in his house and keep his castle protected from Wario.

Xenophon P. Wilfley said:
Propeller Toad said:
Mario needs money too after all he prolly doesn't have to much time to make money with his day job plumbing so he has to get as many coins as possible to keep the lights on in his house and keep his castle protected from Wario.

Well I guess that is true... Mario really was never given a chance to save up all the money he received from the past games. Hopefully, there's a bank somewhere by the end of the game. It would be hilarious to have the goal point as Mario reaching reaching a bank and protecting his money from Bowser as opposed to the damsel in the distress plot (though the latter is more likely imo).

Propeller Toad said:
Xenophon P. Wilfley said:
Propeller Toad said:

Well I guess that is true... Mario really was never given a chance to save up all the money he received from the past games. Hopefully, there's a bank somewhere by the end of the game. It would be hilarious to have the goal point as Mario reaching reaching a bank and protecting his money from Bowser as opposed to the damsel in the distress plot (though the latter is more likely imo).
Bowser does run some pretty shady banks Bowser Bank

NSMBU. I'm not really looking forward to the other one at all, and, by the looks of the poll, nobody else is.

NSMB2 seems like just collecting coins (and fighting Reznor). NSMBU looks fun, and the graphics and stage layout look brilliant.

Judging by some recently uploaded screenshots, Miis will be playable in New Super Mario Bros. U. Nothing too special though.

MnSG said:
Judging by some recently uploaded screenshots, Miis will be playable in New Super Mario Bros. U. Nothing too special though.

I think I figured that was going to be an option considering the connection this game is going to have to Miiverse and all.

And hey at least it's not New Super Mario Bros. Mii where they purposely put them in the title like it's a major thing. You have the option to play as your Mii. If you don't like them, just use Mario, Luigi or one of the Toads.

When you think about it, New Super Mario Bros. Mii seemed like the precursor to the development of New Super Mario Bros. U. After all, it would just be stupid to have a New Super Mario Bros. title for the Wii U, only be treated as a tech demo.

Handheld vs Home console? I think it's just like what DS vs Wii is.

I only think that the staff shouldn't devote to Mario mainstreams only and neglect Wario and DK.

I'd be much more likely to get the 3DS one if I actually had the money. No reason spending my money on two games that have absolutely no visual difference. I'm getting the Wii U one mostly because of the multiplayer. When I babysit my neighbors, NSMBW keeps them occupied and I get to just sit around and play Wii with them. Now we can play a new game... even if it looks the same as NSMBW.

Back