Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
im pretty sure there were pinkish flying pikmin in the beginning of the trailer, if that counts for..... anything at all

Mondo Oowada said:
im pretty sure there were pinkish flying pikmin in the beginning of the trailer, if that counts for..... anything at all
They seem interesting also. I hope Purple and White pikmin return as well, but have their own onions this time.

The concept of controlling four captains is insane. I wonder how it would work out.

Also, the new enemies shown look extremely weird...

....I love it.

Sayaka Maizono said:
The concept of controlling four captains is insane. I wonder how it would work out.

Also, the new enemies shown look extremely weird...

....I love it.
It looks insanely difficult. I hope they give you a lot more time than Pikmin 1.....

Oh, the time limit was just because they were showing off challenge mode, not the actual story of the game.

Iwata mentioned that there was a special reason why Olimar wasn't in the footage and he couldn't mention. This might either be because they didn't want to, or the story may involve trying to find him on the Pikmin planet.

That interested me. My guess it was something with his family cause they showed an image of a drawing or something. But I LOVE Olimar, so it's kind of a bummer if he is not in the final game.

New Super Mario said:
That interested me. My guess it was something with his family cause they showed an image of a drawing or something. But I LOVE Olimar, so it's kind of a bummer if he is not in the final game.
Actually, I think the group of people looking for him is his family. Also, notice how the blue captain is smaller than the others, kind of like a child such as Olimar's son.

I'm actually interested in this, considering I might buy New Play Control Pikmin 1 and 2.

Anyways, two more videos are up.

The first one showcases the battle with the Armored Mawdad, the giant armored centipede-lobster hybrid:

The second is of part of challenge mode and has the name of a new enemy:

We need Louie's giant space rabbit to attack them. (I know it's fake, but one can hope)

One of the captains looks like Olimar but blue. Possible relation? Maybe Olimar got stuck on the planet again for some reason. And (dont worry, already mentioned) there's a Pink Pikmin-like thing that flies by when the title shows. It flies past and it has a flower on its head.

OK, based on what I have seen from the game so far I have to say that it looks really promising. The graphics look, well, beautiful and I see a lot of detailed actions. It also fixes a major complaint I always had with the other games in the series, namely that you could not look everywhere as you pleased. But this game fixes that in an intuitive way — nice. I also do like seeing a whopping amount of four leaders going around at the same time. And that you can throw leaders will also increase how much strategy you can actually use while playing. And throwing leaders will open up for a lot of new puzzles.

As for Pikmin-types, can we get to use purples and whites too, Nintendo? Because it seems like the rock Pikmin are a substitute for purples and that these unnamed, presumably pink Pikmin are going to be a substitute for the whites. Though I can already see these new kinds of Pikmin to be beneficial in ways of making a lot of puzzles, I really don't want to miss the purples and whites. As for pink Pikmin: they could end up being used in a variety of puzzles where — let's say — you have a chasm that you cannot throw Pikmin over, but there are bridge pieces on the other side. You would then throw them over, delegating them to build the bridge, allowing you to progress. And while I do realise that this may kill yellows superior throw-height, pinks may not be able to be launched that high, enabling for some use of the yellows. Or, yellows are still resistant against electricity. As for rock Pikmin: yeah, what have we seen? Um, they are strong and stuff. And they, unlike the purples, cannot carry ten times of their weight. Not going to say much more about this though; we haven't seen much from the game anyway.

Now for the enemies we've seen so far. I would not like to face with that anteater-like enemy when it's awake. I would also not like to face with that boss without being prepared, though I am sure that I will be whenever I play it.

As for the environment and hazards, whoa. Is it really required for you to completely immerse yourself with water? That just blew my mind right open. There is also going to be lava and ice. I don't know if reds are even going to be resistant against lava, and if they aren't: another type of Pikmin maybe?

TL;DR: 10/10 would buy.

Finally, after 5 years of waiting... This game looks amazing! New characters, that's cool. I REALLY like the Rock Pikmin! Worth the wait!

Welcome to Pikmin 3. After five years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait.

Seen some more gameplay from it.

Seems that they're reusing some of the treasure names from Pikmin 2. I may or may not have anything against this fact.

Like I said, the only gameplay they have shown were Mission Mode and the battle against the Mawdad.

Mission mode is basically a strategic treasure collection of fruit and dead enemies, which includes those seen from Pikmin 2 (Cupid's Grenade, Combustion Berry, Citrus Lump, etc). I think it's a nice little throwback.

Back