Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Crackin355 said:
I like watching one half of the people here talking about what to do in some levels and the others talking about how they hate the change and have given up on the series.

I can't wait to play it now because of all the hate.

what are you some kind of hipster?

Joltik said:
Crackin355 said:
I like watching one half of the people here talking about what to do in some levels and the others talking about how they hate the change and have given up on the series.

No, I just want to find out if you're all just whiners or if it really has 'ruined the paper Mario series'.

As far as I know, I don't think you're whiners, but I don't think it's as horrible as you say it is.

Crackin355 said:
Joltik said:
Crackin355 said:

No, I just want to find out if you're all just whiners or if it really has 'ruined the paper Mario series'.

As far as I know, I don't think you're whiners, but I don't think it's as horrible as you say it is.

People are just pissed because it isn't an rpg, which we kinda got used to and love it for being an rpg that wasn't dependent on horrible cheesy whiny dialogue, complete seriousness, super repetitive battling, and a serious lack of grinding.

People wanted an rpg, and they didn't get it, so it's pretty understandable.

I was always taught that you don't always get what you want.

I'd say it applies the same here. If you wanted an RPG and got a Platformer, it's not necessarily bad to be angry for a while, but I don't see why people have to make sure everyone else hates it as much as they do.

For a while, it's understandable to be angry. But after that while, those people will need to let it go.

Anyway, this game looks like a lot of fun to me. But maybe that's because I'm not expecting to get the same RPG we got in TTYD, I am just expecting something fun to play. You shouldn't get high expectations, because then your more likely to hate it for not being what you wanted.

As much as I do not hate this game from looking at videos of it, expecting an RPG game in a new installment of an RPG series isn't exactly setting expectations high.

Gooper Blooper was extremely easy. I found that the Sponge is effective against him by ACCIDENT, and poisoning him chips away 30 HP from him in one turn!

P.S.

Snifit...or...WHIFFIT!

kat-rin koopa said:
As much as I do not hate this game from looking at videos of it, expecting an RPG game in a new installment of an RPG series from Nintendo isn't exactly setting expectations high.

Really, when it comes to Nintendo. They're not going to give you exactly what they want.

Plus, it had been obvious from the trailers that it would not be the RPG you wanted.

Gir said:
Gooper Blooper was extremely easy. I found that the Sponge is effective against him by ACCIDENT, and poisoning him chips away 30 HP from him in one turn!

P.S.

Snifit...or...WHIFFIT!
I SO wish I had known this.

Mizzter Blizzard was almost TOO easy. Really, I just stocked up on Big Shiny Burnhammers and Flashy Fire Flowers. Combine that with Battle Spin and pay a few extra coins for a guarenteed two match = 70 damage PER TURN.

Joltik said:
People are just pissed because it isn't an rpg,
I don't hate this game for not being a full-fledged RPG. Super Paper Mario wasn't, either, and as I said earlier on in the thread, I actually like that game. The thing I'm pissed about, is how Sticker Star just showed a complete and total disregard for just about everything that the previous games established.

I killed Giant Bowser in two turns.

God, this game was easy.

StiGir Star said:
I killed Giant Bowser in two turns.

God, this game was easy.
like in super paper mario.

congratulations nintendo.

do a rpg next time.

I find it interesting that none (or almost none, if I missed somebody) of the people who hate this game have actually played it.

Just wanted to point that out.

At this point, playing it isn't necessary. I've seen all I need to see of this game, and I want as little to do with it as possible.

Banjo said:
I haven't beat the fourth yet, (I am currently on Gooper Blooper) but I will have to say it is my least favorite so far. There are pretty much no intersting characters who aren't Toads. Also, no partners either. I really wanted a Chain Chomp partner or maybe a Snifit partner. Kersti is okay, I mean she does have her SHINING :)dk:) moments, but she's just not interesting enough to warrant a total lack of supporting characters. However, Snifit or Whiffit was pretty cool. And guys. Shyguy Mariachi band. Just...woah. Nintendo. WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE THESE GUYS THE MAIN CHARACTERS. IT'S A BAND SHYGUYS IN GOD DAMNED SOMBREROS. THE POSSIBILITIES COULD HAVE BEEN ENDLESS. But still, a very good game. I just wish the boss battles consisted of more than going up against a super-sized enemy and hammering him with all the thing stickers you can fit in your inventory.

from what I have read this thing has no pit, no tattles, no partners, no recipes, no sidequests (other than hp shit), no collecting shine sprites and shit, no leveling up, you end a level a la NSMB, hell even look at the map.

Alright, I feel bad for ever badmouthing Sticker Star, because I'm addicted to it now. Still bummed about the lack of partners, and the fact that this game treats everything as if it's always been made of paper still kind of bothers me sometimes, but otherwise, I'm playing it constantly.

Also, I accidentally used my Cat-o-Luck, is there a way I can get another?

Things always respawn in the place you found them after you use them, so in your case, go back to 1-2 to get the Cat o' Luck. You can either do that or dish out some coins to buy the Things back (the guy that sells them is to the left of the Fling a Thing in Decalburg). I only buy Things if they are like out of the way from the level, like the Thing in level 5-3 because 5-3 is a shitty level and should never have existed.

Gamefreak75 said:
Things always respawn in the place you found them after you use them

On that note, I'd advise taking your Thing stickers to the Sticker Museum immediately unless you know that you need them at a given moment, since the locations of their corresponding Things will be recorded in their entries (in case you forget).

Gamefreak75 said:
Things always respawn in the place you found them after you use them, so in your case, go back to 1-2 to get the Cat o' Luck. You can either do that or dish out some coins to buy the Things back (the guy that sells them is to the left of the Fling a Thing in Decalburg). I only buy Things if they are like out of the way from the level, like the Thing in level 5-3 because 5-3 is a *bleep*ty level and should never have existed.
Thanks for that... I was actually kind of hesitant about the no EXP method in this game, but coins are just as good, especially since I get lots of coins after I beat a level depending on how many enemies I beat!

Back