New Super Mario Bros. U

Yes Food named Worlds!

Acorns
Cake
Frosted unm Ice Cream? Frosties from Wendy's?
Sparkling Water or Wine whatever
Soda
Rock Candy (Candy land anyone?)
Meringue is a French desert
Peaches ok

World Map. I am disappoint. Basically sugar-coated same level themes

Ventus said:
But it is more better

1. It's "better" not "more better"
2. It is much better I admit, but not to my expectations quite

DonnyKD said:
Baby Luigi said:
Basically sugar-coated same level themes

Heh.

And are you implying that games like SMW did anything special? It was actually more plain than what NSMB does.

Nope, I wasn't even thinking about SMW

DonnyKD said:
Baby Luigi said:

Heh.

And are you implying that games like SMW did anything special? It was actually more plain than what NSMB does.

Someones butthurttttt

New Super Mario said:
Not sure if anyone else saw, but apparently this game is getting DLC

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-super-mario-bros-u-to-receive-dlc

Thank for the news 8)

DonnyKD said:
Nabber said:
DonnyKD said:
Baby Luigi said:

Heh.

But when SMW did it, it was NEW.

No, no, it wasn't. There was nothing new about SMW's level or world themes. At all.

Yeah because being up in star night skies and big ass canyons and forests with tree faces was done before in other mario games.

Zae said:
DonnyKD said:
Nabber said:
DonnyKD said:
Baby Luigi said:

Heh.

But when SMW did it, it was NEW.

No, no, it wasn't. There was nothing new about SMW's level or world themes. At all.

Yeah because being up in star night skies and big ass canyons and forests with tree faces was done before in other mario games.

So removing the Egyptian theme from deserts and adding in Moai Heads and ice cream and cake isn't now, but making a blue sky black is?

Making the final world Peach's Castle isn't new, but trees with faces (by the way, there are none in the actual levels) is?

Perhaps, but the themes isn't what made smw great to begin with.

It was the grand level design and access to completely different paths( via exits), a huge quanity of levels, and didn't repeat the same thing over again with so called sequels that didn't really do much at all.

It also doesn't really help anything that nsmb hasn't really changed, still trying to bring back old stuff with almost something new or exciting. On top of that it still looks the same, and still has a crappy ost. The only thing they brought new was multiplayer and to enjoy nsmbu you literally had to play multi otherwise levels had too much empty space and become ungodly bland.

People are freaking sick of it because it hasn't really GONE ANYWHERE, it's still bland, still doing the same thing, and still failing.

Plus you're acting butthurt.

Zae said:

So SMW can be excused for lame level themes, but NSMBU can't, why?

It also doesn't really help anything that nsmb hasn't really changed, still trying to bring back old stuff with almost something new or exciting. On top of that it still looks the same, and still has a crappy ost. The only thing they brought new was multiplayer and to enjoy nsmbu you literally had to play multi otherwise levels had too much empty space and become ungodly bland.

Wow, you aren't paying attention to NSMBU at all, are you? Its anything but bland, it looks nearly drastically different from the other NSMB titles, the music, well done, and don't tell me that things like Boost Rush, Challenge Mode, or Buddy Mode are not notable changes. Just try.

DonnyKD said:
Zae said:

So SMW can be excused for lame level themes, but NSMBU can't, why?

Wow, you aren't paying attention to NSMBU at all, are you? Its anything but bland, it looks nearly drastically different from the other NSMB titles, the music, well done, and don't tell me that things like Boost Rush, Challenge Mode, or Buddy Mode are not notable changes. Just try.

Because its an old game and bringing it up now is pretty pointless. What was really bland about the game was its visuals.

and no nsmbu doesn't look appealing, it's still ugly and bleh.

Maybe it's because ive seen beautiful games like vesperia and wind waker at my hearts content, but anything visual whether it be theme, animation, or just graphics in general is really boring.

There's also the fact that ive not been impressed by a single nsmb game to date.

I also don't really understand why you suddenly think blaming another game for its themes will solves anything either.

Blaming other things ain't exactly a good argument.

Zae said:
Maybe it's because ive seen beautiful games like vesperia and wind waker at my hearts content, but anything visual whether it be theme, animation, or just graphics in general is really boring.

Yeah, no. There's a difference between a game looking like crap, and a game not looking as good as others.

There's also the fact that ive not been impressed by a single nsmb game to date.

So in other words, you convinced yourself that NSMB games won't look good no matter what, huh?

DonnyKD said:
Zae said:

Yeah, no. There's a difference between a game looking like crap, and a game not looking as good as others.

Too bad its fails at both, From what I can see it's not using much of wii u's power at all, regardless, it's very unsatisfying. They really could do much more with it as well, literally that the wii u is much stronger than the original wii, it has vast potential, but this is probably nothing more than cash in or test game anyway, so I guess that's expected.

So in other words, you convinced yourself that NSMB games won't look good no matter what, huh?

Untill they actually change its style from something other than LOL TEXTURE EDITS yeah probably so.

DonnyKD said:
Baby Luigi said:
Which makes it even more impressive that this game does not seem like it's worth the money

Bullcrap.

DonnyKD said:
Legault said:
Did anyone say it would ruin the game? It's just incredibly lazy and makes the game noticeably less polished. No need to settle for mediocrity.

Yeah, a few tracks means that somehow the game is less polished.

Hell, if the game had absolutely no reused tracks, I bet you'd start to complain about the PHYSICS next.

DonnyKD said:
Legault said:
Yes, Nintendo re-using their musical properties a second time constitutes laziness and a lack of polish.

Then I guess Galaxy 2 is the most unpolished 3D Mario game ever, huh?

DonnyKD said:
Legault said:
They're definitely re-using the ghost house, desert, castle, and boss themes, and the old athletic theme is making a return as well. Assuming 30-50% of the music is rehashed, that's simply unacceptable.

Proof?

And like the other guy already stated there are way more original tracks than old ones.

And I doubt you even know the meaning of "placeholder".

DonnyKD said:
Are you making sense, in some way?

chivalry.png

DonnyKD said:
Bullcrap.

Do you know how much 60 flipping dollars are?

Thirty 2 dollar coins that flip constantly.

Honestly, $60 isn't that much for a game here. Usually new games end up being $100. I know Donkey Kong Country Returns and NSMBWii were both $100.

Anything that gives me some fun for a few hours is worth the money. Because that's what they're for.

Crackin355 said:
Thirty 2 dollar coins that flip constantly.

Honestly, $60 isn't that much for a game here. Usually new games end up being $100. I know Donkey Kong Country Returns and NSMBWii were both $100.

Anything that gives me some fun for a few hours is worth the money. Because that's what they're for.

Damn, where do you live? Throwing 100 bucks for a few dozen hours of entertainment seems like a terrible deal.

Anyway, I'm growing cautiously optimistic about this game. World Map themes being largely derivative shouldn't be a surprise, but the map itself looks sprawling and full of secrets, and I can't wait to try out the final world. (I swear, though, if it's a bunch of lava levels somehow...)

If memory serves, he lives in Australia, and as I understand things, games are incredibly overpriced there.

Yes, shit here is overpriced. I did find a website that sells the games for a good $20-40 cheaper that are PAL compatible, but I only found it a year ago, so everything I bought before that cost a lot.

Yeah, I noticed a Sunken Ship in a water looking world, which is cool. Even if it's the same gameplay for the most part, I still think this is a huge improvement over the past games.

Back