New Super Mario Bros. U

Vanillite said:
I freaking love the fact that I beat a level in Layer Cake Desert, quick saved, and rushed to post here before going for the tower.
You know you can post here without leaving the game?

I play on the GamePad because the TV I have it on is the main tv my family uses. That and I can see it better because its up close.

I just beat World 4. Both 3 & 4 have hidden levels way off the map that skip a huge chunk of the game. The levels were pretty sweet as well, but I didn't use the cuts. I like how even though I've seen someone play through this game, I still find some new things.

Also, I see a lot of posts saying that specific levels are really hard, even though the level is pretty easy.

LakantaTheQlaus said:
Vanillite said:
I freaking love the fact that I beat a level in Layer Cake Desert, quick saved, and rushed to post here before going for the tower.
You know you can post here without leaving the game?
Heck yeah.

Now, seeing as I just posted here without leaving the game, here I go for Frosted Glacier!

I'm at Sparkling Sea. So I'm not too far into the game. But I've enjoyed it so far. I like the Squirrel suit quite a bit and everything.

I've been actually enjoying this game so far. I was shocked to see that Torpedo Teds played a role in Larry's castle, and that Bramballs now turn into fruit occasionally, like Pokeys. The tilesets and backgrounds are stunningly beautiful, and I also enjoyed screwing around with Skulldug in Boost Mode. Challenge Mode is fun, and the Nabbit enemy is an interesting mechanic.

Stupid though, I've already gotten the Super Block block to appear three times (Freezing Rain Tower, Bramball Woods, Above the Cheep Cheep Seas - all because of Star Coins).

I find that in Ghost house levels, I end up lost so much that I get the secret exit a lot easier than the regular one.

100%'d the first three worlds and I can safely say that this is definitely the best NSMB game by far. Beautiful backgrounds, great music (even though most of it is re-used), and at least some of the bosses put up a challenge. The toughest has got to be Bowser Jr. in the Mighty Cannonship because it's just so long, followed by Morton.

Chilly said:
100%'d the first three worlds and I can safely say that this is definitely the best NSMB game by far. Beautiful backgrounds, great music (even though most of it is re-used), and at least some of the bosses put up a challenge. The toughest has got to be Bowser Jr. in the Mighty Cannonship because it's just so long, followed by Morton.

Dude, I need a tad bit of help with the first 2 worlds. I'm missing star coins, but I got them all, which levels have the secret exits to extra levels?

I don't really want to know how to get the exit, just where they are. I have an idea of where the Desert one is, but I'm not sure.

I don't want to look up a guide since it'll tell me more than I want to know.

Acorn Plains: 1-2 (Tilted Tunnel)
Layer-Cake Desert: 2-4 (Spike's Spouting Sands)
Sparkling Waters: 3-Ghost (Haunted Shipwreck)
Frosted Glacier: 4-Ghost (Swaying Ghost House)

That's all the secret exits I know right now.

I have the last two, and I sort of thought that the desert one was there. Had no idea about the first one though.

Well me and a friend tag teamed New Super Mario Bros. U and I feel like I have the authority to say that it's the best NSMB game, the acorn is the best power up, and last but not least this game is still to easy.
Overall 8/10

The third Star Coin in World 6-6 (the bonecoaster one) is almost impossible. Piece of shit star runs out before I can hit the other block to reactivate it.

Also, does the P-Acorn make your stars un-shiny like the Invincibility Leaf in SM3DL did or am I ok if I decide to use it?

Chilly said:
The third Star Coin in World 6-6 (the bonecoaster one) is almost impossible. Piece of shit star runs out before I can hit the other block to reactivate it.

Also, does the P-Acorn make your stars un-shiny like the Invincibility Leaf in SM3DL did or am I ok if I decide to use it?
It's the same as if you didn't even use it.

Chilly said:
The third Star Coin in World 6-6 (the bonecoaster one) is almost impossible. Piece of *bleep* star runs out before I can hit the other block to reactivate it.

Probably hit the block with the first star but don't grab it right away. Let it move far enough that u think it would be a good time to take it.

Just got this game, i love it but do u guys think there are to few levels? Also how do you post messages on the actual game? I can read other ppl's but can't post my own:/

Z-omb said:
Just got this game, i love it but do u guys think there are to few levels? Also how do you post messages on the actual game? I can read other ppl's but can't post my own:/
It asks every now and then after leaving a level, either by dying or completing.

Back