Super Mario Wii U (or 4)

Boidoh said:
That idea has been used before, every heard of Mario Party DS?
But that's a spin-off, and a minuscule one at that. Besides, we'll actually explore in that environment instead of playing mini-games.

Professor Mario said:
...That, would actually be genius! I like your thinking! It has a whole bunch of possibilities in any terrain. It could make traditional Mario theme levels seem like a completely new stage from this perspective.

:)

@Boidoh: What I meant by mirco-verse is by cells, atoms, etc.

Baby Luigi said:
Professor Mario said:
...That, would actually be genius! I like your thinking! It has a whole bunch of possibilities in any terrain. It could make traditional Mario theme levels seem like a completely new stage from this perspective.

:)

@Boidoh: What I meant by mirco-verse is by cells, atoms, etc.

Oh, then that would be cool.. But that doesnt exist in the marioverse.

Boidoh said:
Professor Mario said:
Boidoh said:
That idea has been used before, every heard of Mario Party DS?
But that's a spin-off, and a minuscule one at that. Besides, we'll actually explore in that environment instead of playing mini-games.

It exists in the Pikmin universe, it exists in NSMB/WII with the minishroom.
So? Metroid and Star Fox did space first, but that didn't stop Mario. Besides, it's another series, so why even bring that in? Not to mention that power-up barely gives you a glimpse of what its like. All it does is make you smaller and jump higher. What were talking about is jumping on atoms, being small enough to venture around a household from even smaller than a mouse's perspective, climbing humongous structures that we can't even see, and the amount of science that can be translate to mario such as cells, atoms, molecules, fabric, etc.

Also, when did galaxies exist in Mario before Galaxy? When did other dimensions exist before Super Paper Mario? When did time travel exist before Partners in Time? That's the point of these games, to bring in a habitat we haven't seen yet in the Marioverse. We don't know whether it exists or not with current information, it's not a straight no.

It was actually a reference to my thread with cataquacks know their colors where I said that Genetics dont exist in the mario universe. So I was kidding around and saying atoms and all those scientific stuff dont exist either. Its all just a running joke is all.

Baby Luigi said:
Broly said:
If it's a 3D game, I really hope it's not just a sequel. Where else can Mario go besides a castle, island, or space?

The fascinating micro-world

That theme has rarely been used
Are you referring to the Macro Zone from Super Mario Land 2?

Minuette said:
Baby Luigi said:
Broly said:
If it's a 3D game, I really hope it's not just a sequel. Where else can Mario go besides a castle, island, or space?

Micro is the opposite of macro. Macro means large while micro means small

Boidoh said:
The Mushroom Kingdom.. A.K.A 3D Land :mad:

Sarsara Land..

Sarasaland*

I just hope that it doesn't end up being 2D. I hate the New Super Mario Bros. series.

Baby Luigi said:
Minuette said:
Baby Luigi said:
Broly said:

Micro is the opposite of macro. Macro means large while micro means small
Well, the "macro" in "Macro Zone" refers to the stage, like how "Tiny Island" and "Huge Island" do.

Will the micro world have the stage tiny?

Extremely tiny. You see molecules, cells, atoms, etc.

Baby Luigi said:
Extremely tiny. You see molecules, cells, atoms, etc.
That would be making Mario tiny, therefore it should be called "Subatomic Land" or something like that.

You can still make it Micro-themed. Every world is a world zoomed in, just like Super Mario Galaxy 2 where the worlds seem to zoom out

Anser said:
Boidoh said:

Sarsara Land..

Sarasaland*

I just hope that it doesn't end up being 2D. I hate the New Super Mario Bros. series.

Do you ahte the Super Mario Bros. series? Because, im willing to bet my life this IS going to be 2D..

Because the only way it could be the 4th 3D game is if Nintendo acknoledges the fact the Galaxy 2 and 3D Land is somewhat a hack of Galaxy.

Boidoh said:
Anser said:
Boidoh said:

Sarsara Land..

Sarasaland*

Do you ahte the Super Mario Bros. series? Because, im willing to bet my life this IS going to be 2D..

Because the only way it could be the 4th 3D game is if Nintendo acknoledges the fact the Galaxy 2 and 3D Land is somewhat a hack of Galaxy.

Yes, I do. I wouldn't even dare to say they're bad games, because they're not. They're just too stressful for me and I don't enjoy their gameplay. I'd rather have a 3D platformer like SM64, Sunshine (even though I didn't like it), Galaxy, Galaxy 2 or Super Mario 3D Land any day.

I would rather the 3d then the 2d ones, there more fun to play and I still haven't beaten SMB or any of its sequels on virtual console so I'm kinda pissed about the 2d games:P

Boidoh said:
Anser said:
Boidoh said:

Sarsara Land..

Sarasaland*

How? They're 2 different games with different controls, and models for characters.

Still, some of 3D Land's materials did originate from the Super Mario Galaxy titles.

MnSG said:
Still, some of 3D Land's materials did originate from the Super Mario Galaxy titles.

It didn't have anything to do with gravity or circular platforms though so its kinda not that similar to galaxy which the gameplay was based on those two features. It seems more similar to SM64 to me.

MnSG said:
The key word is "some".
I can list a few. Like Launch Stars and Warp Boxes are the main ways of traveling while warp pipes are for going to new areas and secret places. Cosmic clones and some other stuff.

So far it seems that game is very similar to the NSMB Mii demo in the aspect of actually being able to choose your character this time around while being Player 1.

It might seem like a little difference to most since all the characters play the same; however, I for one am glad to not be stuck as Mario (or put him in a bubble while controlling the second Wiimote while playing alone in NSMB Wii). :)

Back