Super Mario Wii U (or 4)

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Ok, this is kinda late but nintendo announced a Mario game on the wii u. Interestingly, Nintendo recently purchased a domain by the name of super Mario 4. That might just give us some info on the name. So, what do you think? Personnally the only way I'll buy the game is if they use the same basic formula, but add something new that makes it different from the other Mario games.
 

Fawfulfury65

The Last Story
Retired Wiki Staff
^That's exactly what I was thinking.

But New Super Mario Bros. is pretty much the same thing as Super Mario Bros. 4, isn't it? Anyways, I think just New Super Mario Bros. 2 is enough for the moment, so this game better be a 3D game like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine.
 

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Fawfulfury65 said:
^That's exactly what I was thinking.

But New Super Mario Bros. is pretty much the same thing as Super Mario Bros. 4, isn't it? Anyways, I think just New Super Mario Bros. 2 is enough for the moment, so this game better be a 3D game like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll do a 3D one. Seems likely.
 

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Super Mario Galaxy 4? Where's 3?
I'll be looking forward to this. It seems to give me an impression this will be Super Mario Bros. 4 of course, as Miyamoto already confirmed a Wii U Mario Bros. game will be revealed at E3 with Pikmin 3.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223063p1.html
If there's a returning power-up, it better not be the Super Leaf. I would much prefer the Cape Feather and some Super Mario World love.
 

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Professor Mario said:
Super Mario Galaxy 4? Where's 3?
I'll be looking forward to this. It seems to give me an impression this will be Super Mario Bros. 4 of course, as Miyamoto already confirmed a Wii U Mario Bros. game will be revealed at E3 with Pikmin 3.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223063p1.html
If there's a returning power-up, it better not be the Super Leaf. I would much prefer the Cape Feather and some Super Mario World love.
Sure I want some returning power ups, but I want something New. a concept that we have never seen so far that will make this different than the other Mario games.
 

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Koopa Kid said:
Professor Mario said:
Super Mario Galaxy 4? Where's 3?
I'll be looking forward to this. It seems to give me an impression this will be Super Mario Bros. 4 of course, as Miyamoto already confirmed a Wii U Mario Bros. game will be revealed at E3 with Pikmin 3.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223063p1.html
If there's a returning power-up, it better not be the Super Leaf. I would much prefer the Cape Feather and some Super Mario World love.
Sure I want some returning power ups, but I want something New. a concept that we have never seen so far that will make this different than the other Mario games.
Trust me, I want that most of all. I'm just saying that if a power-up will return again, I would like it to be the Cape Feather.
 

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
Koopa Kid said:
Professor Mario said:
Super Mario Galaxy 4? Where's 3?
I'll be looking forward to this. It seems to give me an impression this will be Super Mario Bros. 4 of course, as Miyamoto already confirmed a Wii U Mario Bros. game will be revealed at E3 with Pikmin 3.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223063p1.html
If there's a returning power-up, it better not be the Super Leaf. I would much prefer the Cape Feather and some Super Mario World love.
Sure I want some returning power ups, but I want something New. a concept that we have never seen so far that will make this different than the other Mario games.
Yes because no one wants the: 1-UP, Mushroom, Fire Flower and Starman..

Fawfulfury65 said:
^That's exactly what I was thinking.

But New Super Mario Bros. is pretty much the same thing as Super Mario Bros. 4, isn't it? Anyways, I think just New Super Mario Bros. 2 is enough for the moment, so this game better be a 3D game like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine.
No! Its Super Mario Bros. 4... Its the sequel to Mario Bros. 3 similar how Sonic 4 is Sequel to Sonic 3.
 

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Well, teeeechnicaalyyyy *pokes glasses up*, Super Mario World IS Super Mario Bros. 4, but only has a different title due to featuring original content not seen in the other ones. It's kind of like the black sheep, like how Super Paper Mario differentiated from the first two Paper Marios, but is still part of the series due to keeping the basic formula. So it's correct to say that this is the sequel to Super Mario World, instead of Super Mario Bros. 3. *snorts*

Still though, I hope we see original bosses in here and its art/graphical style is different from the New Super Mario Bros. series. It just looks so flat and reused for every game.
 

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
Professor Mario said:
Well, teeeechnicaalyyyy *pokes glasses up*, Super Mario World IS Super Mario Bros. 4, but only has a different title due to featuring original content not seen in the other ones. It's kind of like the black sheep, like how Super Paper Mario differentiated from the first two Paper Marios, but is still part of the series due to keeping the basic formula. So it's correct to say that this is the sequel to Super Mario World, instead of Super Mario World. *snorts*

Still though, I hope we see original bosses in here and its art/graphical style is different from the New Super Mario Bros. series. It just looks so flat and reused for every game.
And Sonic 4 is a sequel to Sonic and Knuckles..
 

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Dang it, I meant to say Super Mario Bros. 3 at the end of that sentence in the first paragraph, but whatever.

And yes, Sonic 4 is a sequel to Sonic & Knuckles, although I would say Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles since I count them as one game.
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Can this game please have levels fully explorable again?

Thanks.
 

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
Baby Luigi said:
Can this game please have levels fully explorable again?

Thanks.
Like Sunshine? Those were the biggest and most fun ever.


And im sure its gonna be 2D :(

I hope its orignal.. HECK! I know it will

Bros. 1 - Classic
Bros. 1 LL - Add-on
Bros. 2/USA - Vegetables
Bros. 3 - Flight Capabilities
Bros. 4 - ?
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
It will probably not be 2D

Note how it said "Super Mario" and not "Super Mario Bros."
 

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
Baby Luigi said:
It will probably not be 2D

Note how it said "Super Mario" and not "Super Mario Bros."
Its obvious the person who made this topic made a mistake.

Unless..

SM64 - 1
SMS - 2
SMG - 3
SMG2 - 4
SM3DL - 5

Either way, it couldnt be 4. So...... Unless they fully realized 3D Land was a n00btacular hack of Galaxy ported to the 3DS and just punched it out. Its most likely its 2D.
 

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Domain names tend to not include full titles and often shortened ones, but I do see what you mean. But Super Mario 4 doesn't make sense. We have six main Super Mario 3D titles, not 3.

But if it is 3D, maybe he could travel through time or dimensions, I don't know.
 

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Professor Mario said:
Domain names tend to not include full titles and often shortened ones, but I do see what you mean. But Super Mario 4 doesn't make sense. We have six main Super Mario 3D titles, not 3.

But if it is 3D, maybe he could travel through time or dimensions, I don't know.
Mario Generations. Featuring Modern and 8-bit Mario
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Broly said:
If it's a 3D game, I really hope it's not just a sequel. Where else can Mario go besides a castle, island, or space?
The fascinating micro-world

That theme has rarely been used
 

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Broly said:
Professor Mario said:
Domain names tend to not include full titles and often shortened ones, but I do see what you mean. But Super Mario 4 doesn't make sense. We have six main Super Mario 3D titles, not 3.

But if it is 3D, maybe he could travel through time or dimensions, I don't know.
Mario Generations. Featuring Modern and 8-bit Mario
lol, help restore time and space from the mysterious new villain, Chronos Devourer Bowser and 8-Bit Black Box-Art Bowser

Baby Luigi said:
Broly said:
If it's a 3D game, I really hope it's not just a sequel. Where else can Mario go besides a castle, island, or space?
The fascinating micro-world

That theme has rarely been used
...That, would actually be genius! I like your thinking! It has a whole bunch of possibilities in any terrain. It could make traditional Mario theme levels seem like a completely new stage from this perspective.
 
Top