E3 2012

Paper Mario: Sticker Star... Really.....................................

Also, two new Pikmin confirmed: the pink, flying Pikmin, and the rock Pikmin. I would say that this, and the announcement that Wii U will support two GamePads were the highlights of the presentation. Everything else was meh.

That was yawn-inducing, aside from the brief moment where I thought Trine 3 but got a new version of Trine 2 and that one thing that looked like Ridley.

They showed too much third party junk that Ubisoft ALREADY showed instead of things like Luigi's Mansion, Smash Bros, or new Nintendo Wii U titles.

Count Mario said:
Red Barchetta said:
I still think it was better than Sony and Microsoft, but it could have been much better. I'd say it's been a tie between Nintendo and Ubisoft.

Overall, I'm satisfied with Pikmin 3, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Room, and Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Nintendoland looked great too.
Agreed, except I would add the two New Super Mario Bros to that list. Also, it's Dark Moon.

ohh, okay, I thought it was Room, derp

Also, yeah, I'd include the two NSMB games. Those looked pretty fun.

Oh yes, I need to remind you guys.

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow for the Nintendo 3DS games. They showed barely any info on the 3ds games because it has its own hour long presentation.

I forgot the time though. I think it was 6pm PST.

Red Barchetta said:
Count Mario said:
Red Barchetta said:
I still think it was better than Sony and Microsoft, but it could have been much better. I'd say it's been a tie between Nintendo and Ubisoft.

Overall, I'm satisfied with Pikmin 3, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Room, and Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Nintendoland looked great too.
Agreed, except I would add the two New Super Mario Bros to that list. Also, it's Dark Moon.

I think NSMB2 seems to be a little annoying with so many freaking Coins in the game. I would be annoyed by the da-ding da-ding sound that coins make. Anyone else think that too?

YoshiGo99 said:
Red Barchetta said:
Count Mario said:
Red Barchetta said:

I think NSMB2 seems to be a little annoying with so many freaking Coins in the game. I would be annoyed by the da-ding da-ding sound that coins make. Anyone else think that too?
Well, it's only a power-up. You don't have to get it.

YoshiGo99 said:
Red Barchetta said:
Count Mario said:
Red Barchetta said:

Yeah me too. Even though the Raccoon Suit is awesome, I rather play Co-Op on the Wii U version. Plus they have the squirrel suit.

I don't know if I'm going to be the only one that thinks this. But Nintendo Land I think looks like it will be a fun Wii U packaged in game. Better then Wii Sports was for the Wii.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Paper Mario 3DS are Christmas Buys for sure though. I think I'll skip NSMB2.

Northern Verve said:
I don't know if I'm going to be the only one that thinks this. But Nintendo Land I think looks like it will be a fun Wii U packaged in game. Better then Wii Sports was for the Wii.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Paper Mario 3DS are Christmas Buys for sure though. I think I'll skip NSMB2.
I agree. My only gripe was that I honestly don't think it was, well, enough of an awesome title to end the conference with.

Have to agree with SM about LM:DM and PM:SS being must-buys, and I'll go as far as to buy NSMB2. But then I don't know if Fire Emblem: Awakening will come out before Christmas either...

And I have to agree with you about Nintendo Land too. I really really liked it.

I was not disappointed with the games that will be coming out. Why are some of you upset about no talk of the New Super Smash Bros game? Reggie said himself that there will be one, it's just that it won't be out on the launch date, so they are waiting to announce it. So, we shall see what else is in store.

I am excited about all the Mario games. ALL of them. I'm happy to see that Paper Mario brought back it's RPG style, rather than a platformer, more or less. The new Luigi's Mansion looks like a lot of fun, and both the New Super Mario Bros games look exciting. Especially the Baby Yoshis. Nintendo Land also looks really amazing. :]

New Super Mario said:
Did they release an official release date for Wii U?

They said "this holiday".

Personally...eh, it was kinda underwhelming.

Pikmin 3: Looks pretty good, but no Olimar? And where are the Purples and Whites?
Paper Mario: Sticker Star: This'll be good if there are partners. Don't really like the title.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon: Still looks awesome.
Wii Fit U: Didn't get the first, don't really need this.
New Super Mario Bros. U: Looking nice.
New Super Mario Bros. 2: I didn't like this much.
Scribblenauts Unlimited: WANT.
Nintendo Land: Looks fun. Hopefully it'll include online multiplayer.

NintendoQueen said:
I was not disappointed with the games that will be coming out. Why are some of you upset about no talk of the New Super Smash Bros game? Reggie said himself that there will be one, it's just that it won't be out on the launch date, so they are waiting to announce it. So, we shall see what else is in store.

I think we were just spoiled because it got a mention last E3. A year before it even started development. So alot of us expected something else to be said the next year.

I guess it's the first time, I actually think, that every company was disappointing on this year's E3.

Smash Bros. is the opiate of the masses.

I think I just raised my expectations a little too high. It was still a good presentation all things considered. But I'm not as pumped after the show like I was with last year's.

If only it lasted longer then an hour perhaps

Northern Verve said:
I think I just raised my expectations a little too high. It was still a good presentation all things considered. But I'm not as pumped after the show like I was with last year's.
Same. I was looking forward to seeing the new title Retro Studios is working on (Hopefully Star Fox). However, we still have the conference later today and the 3DS software conference tomorrow though, so at least there are still a few more surprises.

This has been a very disappointing year, but then I didn't have high expectations for anyone this year. Except Reggie himself. I can forgive all the bullshit Nintendo chunders up so long as Reggie continues being entertaining.

And Xavier Poix has the second best accent I've ever heard.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
This has been a very disappointing year, but then I didn't have high expectations for anyone this year. Except Reggie himself. I can forgive all the bullshit Nintendo chunders up so long as Reggie continues being entertaining.

And Xavier Poix has the second best accent I've ever heard.

Mmm, yes he does. <3 So does that Andrew Wilson with EA Games <3 Hawt.

We still have the 3DS conference tomorrow, so we'll definitely see Smash Bros there tomorrow.

Creeper said:
We still have the 3DS conference tomorrow, so we'll definitely see Smash Bros there tomorrow.

Yeah it's certainly possible we'll see SSB mentioned then considering it's coming to the 3DS as well. But I'd think if they were going to mention it they would of done so during the Wii U presentation. Because to be honest obviously the Wii U version will have the most content.

I'm hoping to see some more info on Fire Emblem: Awakening tomorrow - at least a U.S. release date, pleeeeeease.

Since it hasn't been shown today, don't expect it tomorrow.
Smash Bros. was announced for Wii U and 3DS last year, before Sakurai has even started working on it.

Back