• Many veteran bosses like Petey and King Boo

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Completely new and original bosses

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I find the Koopalings boss fights generic At least :bowjr: is a challenge

The only time Bowser Jr.'s boss fights sucked was in Sunshine and in New Super Mario Bros.

Yoshbert said:
Are people starting to dislike the Koopalings now? I'm noticing quite a lot of disapproval for their reappearance in NSMB2.

The hate should be directed towards Bowser Jr., like it should be.

Probably because most people felt they were too easy in NSMBWii. But if that picture of Roy says anything, they'll play out like they did in Mario World/Mario 3 at least. It's a step up but I'm hoping for better.

Easy or not, the Koopalings are nostalgic. However, they have yet to be involved in any 3D Mario platformers; Super Mario Galaxy 3 could be a start, if Nintendo ever plans on developing it.

I want a cloud boss that will blow you away and the only way to kill him is by ground pounding him, u can't jump on him since he is to puffy

YoshiGo99 said:
I want a cloud boss that will blow you away and the only way to kill him is by ground pounding him, u can't jump on him since he is to puffy
There actually is something like that in World 7 on NSMBWii, but it's not a boss, but I think you can jump on it.

I haven't played SMB3 or SMW, so if they do it, I'll be surprised!
Yay!! :D

GokuTheBestFighter said:
I want new bosses with more difficulty than ever! >:D
They would have to be tower/fortress bosses because it's official that the Koopalings are castle bosses!
I've been celebrating my ass off because of that!

The Koopalings might be more inviting if their boss fights were a little more original this time around. Similar to SMW as opposed to NSMB Wii (that seemed more of a lazy route). Perhaps different ways of defeating them as opposed to a good stomp on the head would be nice to look forward to as well.

I personally want to take a break from Bowser Jr. for a while. He's been appearing a bit too often lately in my opinion, and it would be nice to see some more newer boss fights over him. SM3DL was Jr. free, though Boom Boom and Pom Pom really did have more common appearances as well..

Baby Luigi said:
The only time Bowser Jr.'s boss fights sucked was in Sunshine and in New Super Mario Bros.

Bowser Jr. was only fought along with Bowser as the final bosses. But I kinda liked it.

Crackin355 said:
Everybody wanted them back then they wanted them gone. People need to make up their mind.

They have only appeared in 2 games.. They were so cool then... We wanted more mainstream appearances... NSMBWii came.. AWESOME!!!! NSMB2 announced, KOOPALINGS ARE GOING TOO FAR...

They cant be in every game. They need another 10 year hiatus.
And they were too easy and generic in NSMBWii too, so maybe that.

MnSG said:
Easy or not, the Koopalings are nostalgic. However, they have yet to be involved in any 3D Mario platformers; Super Mario Galaxy 3 could be a start, if Nintendo ever plans on developing it.

They do that and the game will either get enourmous hate for more Koopalings or ENOURMOUS love for it because of innovation.. But NO MORE GALAXIES... Sunshine or a new Original 3D game, I dont like to include 3D land because Its so linear.. I am starting to dislike 3D land more and more.

Lemmy Koopa Girl said:
GokuTheBestFighter said:
I want new bosses with more difficulty than ever! >:D
They would have to be tower/fortress bosses because it's official that the Koopalings are castle bosses!
I've been celebrating my ass off because of that!

BOOO!

Propeller Toad said:
The Koopalings might be more inviting if their boss fights were a little more original this time around. Similar to SMW as opposed to NSMB Wii (that seemed more of a lazy route). Perhaps different ways of defeating them as opposed to a good stomp on the head would be nice to look forward to as well.

I personally want to take a break from Bowser Jr. for a while. He's been appearing a bit too often lately in my opinion, and it would be nice to see some more newer boss fights over him. SM3DL was Jr. free, though Boom Boom and Pom Pom really did have more common appearances as well..

I want Non-Koopa bosses.

Boidoh said:
Baby Luigi said:

Bowser Jr. was only fought along with Bowser as the final bosses. But I kinda liked it.

I was referring to the Shadow Mario levels, but eh....

So what, they've appeared in two games, put them in 2 games in a row and people complain? I don't know why they specifically should have this applied. Let's get rid of Bowser Jr. For 10 years. Why not Goomba's and Koopa's too. There, perfect.

Baby Luigi said:
Boidoh said:
Baby Luigi said:

I was referring to the Shadow Mario levels, but eh....

When you fight Dry Bowser your fighting Dry Bowser, not Bowser. So when you fight Shadow Mario your fighting Shadow Mario, Not Bowser Jr..
Crackin355 said:
So what, they've appeared in two games, put them in 2 games in a row and people complain? I don't know why they specifically should have this applied. Let's get rid of Bowser Jr. For 10 years. Why not Goomba's and Koopa's too. There, perfect.

And the games that didnt include them were perfect too.. SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE!

You know what the irony is with the Koopalings? People say that they're overused, but they never think about the 3D platformers; the Koopalings have never been in a single 3D platformer yet.

MnSG said:
You know what the irony is with the Koopalings? People say that they're overused, but they never think about the 3D platformers; the Koopalings have never been in a single 3D platformer yet.
They were considered for 3D land, but they were dropped for Boom and Pom Pom.

Gogeta said:
MnSG said:
They were considered for 3D land, but they were dropped for Boom and Pom Pom.

Even koopalings would've been better than just them 2. How repetitive and boring those fights got were worse than the koopaling tower fights in NSMBWii.

MnSG said:

Exactly. They've been used twice and now they're overused. I have to say that anybody who thinks two games out of many is overused, has no idea what they're on about.

MnSG said:
They were in NSMBWii.

They're actually underused if you think about it.
Edit: they were in 4 games.
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
SMB3
Super Mario World
NSMBWii.

Crackin355 said:
Exactly. They've been used twice and now they're overused. I have to say that anybody who thinks two games out of many is overused, has no idea what they're on about.

I guess people exaggerated their recurrences because of how dreadfully annoying their fanbase is

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

I guess people exaggerated their recurrences because of how dreadfully annoying their fanbase is
So you guys think I'm annoying because I like the Koopalings?
That's messed up! Especially to people with OCD!

Boidoh said:
Are we off topic???

This is turning into if Koopalings should return or not or some Koopaling hate topic.
Well, to me it's kind of a mix of both.

On topic:
I really want the Koopalings to return, and other bosses would be nice too.

Boidoh said:
King Boo, Gooper Blooper and Petey Piranha MUST be in here.
That actually would be pretty nice.

Back