Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Many veteran bosses like Petey and King Boo

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Completely new and original bosses

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't really know why people bash the Koopalings a lot, because they really don't get much attention nowadays. Besides, New Super Mario Bros. Wii has been able to give them more versatile attack strategies.

MnSG said:
I don't really know why people bash the Koopalings a lot, because they really don't get much attention nowadays. Besides, New Super Mario Bros. Wii has been able to give them more versatile attack strategies.
They're cool, but they don't need doing again in another Super Mario Bros. game for a while. If the Koopalings are bosses in NSMB2 then that'll make it 4 SMB games out of 7 (counting World since it's called SMB4 in Japan but not counting Lost Levels) where they're the main bosses of the game - that's definitely overdoing it.

I guess I've just been taking into account spin-offs during the process. After all, the Koopalings have never been in any Mario spin-off titles in person.

I don't care what characters are used for the bosses as long as they have fun gameplay. So I think the bosses of NSMB2 should be interesting and fun.

Maybe have the Koopalings become bosses after you beat the game or something, like in a special zone.

Z-omb said:
Maybe have the Koopalings become bosses after you beat the game or something, like in a special zone.
That would be a good compromise :)

I wouldn't mind having original bosses like they did with the original New Super Mario Bros., as well as a few ones we've seen come back. Also, maybe have original bosses for even just the forts?

Going against Bowser Jr. all the time in NSMB wasn't ideal

Going against the Koopalings twice in a world in NSMBW was better than always Bowser Jr. but still not ideal.

Crackin355 said:
Going against the Koopalings twice in a world in NSMBW was better than always Bowser Jr. but still not ideal.
Semi-objection!!!

The battles (most of them) are different in some way.

At least with the Reznors coming back, they'll probably be used as the fortress/tower bosses for some worlds.

This is what I'm expecting:

- Reznor
- Female version of Reznor
- False Bowser
- Bowser

As for what I'm hoping for:

- Reznor (fortress/tower)
- original bosses (castle)
- Kamek (last fortress)
- Bowser (final castle)

Lemmy Koopa Girl said:
Crackin355 said:
Semi-objection!!!

The second battles were, but I remember them being pretty much the exact same boss with a different skin and area in the forts. The task of Jumping on them then avoiding them 3 times for 8 worlds got boring.

Yoshbert said:
This is what I'm expecting:

- Reznor
- Female version of Reznor THIS IS A COMPLETE RIP-OFF OF BOOM BOOM AND POM POM
- False Bowser
- Bowser

As for what I'm hoping for:

- Reznor (fortress/tower)
- original bosses (castle)
- Kamek (last fortress)
- Bowser (final castle)

Crackin355 said:
Lemmy Koopa Girl said:
Crackin355 said:
Semi-objection!!!

The second battles were, but I remember them being pretty much the exact same boss with a different skin and area in the forts. The task of Jumping on them then avoiding them 3 times for 8 worlds got boring.
That is true, but there's one exception. Lemmy Koopa I'd different even the first time, and same with Morton. Lemmy is on a ball, and Morton ground pounds.

Ok, on topic, here's what I'm hoping for:
Koopalings
Kamek
Bowser Jr.
That's probably what they have (on another thread, there's an official screenshot of Roy Koopa in the game, so the Koopalings will be in there, and hopefully some othe bosses too.)

So, maybe they could put like mini bosses in each world that you could fight as many times as you want (goombas in world 1, and those other ones) like in NSMBWii.

Gogeta said:
Well, the Koopalings are back. I hope they're fortress/tower bosses only.

The Reznors were the fortress bosses in Super Mario World, so if anything, they'll most likely be treated as tower bosses for this game.

Just watched a video. Rezonrs appear to be the fortress bosses. That means the Koopalings are castle bosses. Damn it. Maybe we'll get more fortress bosses like Boom Boom or other retro bosses.

Well, at least they do get attention. I personally don't mind what the other bosses are, but I was praying the Koopalings would be in this xD

Are people starting to dislike the Koopalings now? I'm noticing quite a lot of disapproval for their reappearance in NSMB2.

The hate should be directed towards Bowser Jr., like it should be.

Yoshbert said:
Are people starting to dislike the Koopalings now? I'm noticing quite a lot of disapproval for their reappearance in NSMB2.

True 100%
Koopaling fans!
Y u no mention your like towards the Koopalings?

Yoshbert said:

I never liked the Koopalings in New Super Mario Bros. Wii because of how ridiculously easy their boss fights were

Back