Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

If smash bros stuff isn't too off topic, I think the 3ds version is kind of mediocre but mostly because of the controls and the fact that it needs more game modes.

Mario wise, I think almost all of the recent spin off mario titles have been pretty weak.

Mechayoshi said:
If smash bros stuff isn't too off topic, I think the 3ds version is kind of mediocre but mostly because of the controls and the fact that it needs more game modes.

Mario wise, I think almost all of the recent spin off mario titles have been pretty weak.
There's another thread for Smash, but it's fine if you post it here once.

Well uh....I like Smash Run :/

Baby Luigi said:
Well uh....I like Smash Run :/

yeah it had a few flaws here and there, but it was a lot of fun.

Havent played wii u smash 4 yet, but smash tour looks painfuly boring.

Imagine a Mario Party game where someone lands on a Miracle Star/Chance Time space and made you lose things or swap your entire position EVERY turn. That's what Smash Tour feels like.

Meta Blastoise said:
Imagine a Mario Party game where someone lands on a Miracle Star/Chance Time space and made you lose things or swap your entire position EVERY turn. That's what Smash Tour feels like.

....sounds like demon spawn

Also, that Mario Party is soulless and lacks any sort of humorous and witty dialogue

Meta Blastoise said:
Well, at least you aren't swapping vital stats or anything like that (what those hellish Fortune Spaces did back in the days).

The hatred stems from stagnation.

Actually I wouldn't mind another game with the physics of the NSMB series as long as there are more interesting powerups, and creative world themes (along with the grasslands, deserts, etc not looking freaking identical to those in past titles)

Also Yoshi should act like he does in SMW, and ridable in the overworld (thus allowing him to be taken to other levels besides where you got him)

Wittgenstein said:
Actually I wouldn't mind another game with the physics of the NSMB series as long as there are more interesting powerups, and creative world themes (along with the grasslands, deserts, etc not looking freaking identical to those in past titles)

Also Yoshi should act like he does in SMW, and ridable in the overworld (thus allowing him to be taken to other levels besides where you got him)

That falls into the not being stagnant category.

I want a main series Mario game where you can play as Yoshi by himself like in SM64DS

Wittgenstein said:

I expected you to want more from the Mario platformers.

If I hadn't stated in this thread already, Mario platformers are not the best part of the Mario series by far, btw. They're quite forgettable nowadays, not that they're really memorable in the first place.

Toy Chica said:
Does NSMB physics mean like a sidescroller with wall jumping and ground pounds?
No, "physics" as in fall speed, controls, mobility, running speed, sliding, momentum, etc. I'm assuming.

Mario Party X said:
Toy Chica said:
Does NSMB physics mean like a sidescroller with wall jumping and ground pounds?
No, "physics" as in fall speed, controls, mobility, running speed, sliding, momentum, etc. I'm assuming.
I think those were fine, though I don't recall an instance of Mario game physics being COMPLETELY horrible

TheFarmboy said:
GalacticPetey said:
You mean stop letting NSMB elements seep into everything.

No, I can tolerate NSMB, it's Galaxy that's turning into an old hat, moreso thsn NSMB.

Is it the floating objects in the middle of nowhere level design?

Back