Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Baby Luigi said:
Donatello said:
That's neither controversial nor unpopular. Partners in Time is considered the weakest game in the series.

considering that the majority of the gaming population are peasants, i'm not surprised
Hah! You better have burn heal!

i don't play pokemon

Here's one, I think Super paper Mario is the second best paper Mario right after ttyd. For reference I don't care for the pm64 or sticker star.

Mechayoshi said:
Here's one, I think Super paper Mario is the second best paper Mario right after ttyd. For reference I don't care for the pm64 or sticker star.
My opinion is similar, except I like PM64 and SPM is my favorite

yoshiking14x said:
Magikrazy said:
My favorite Mario RPG is Legend of the Seven Stars.
That game looks fun to play.

Most people consider that a good game though. Does that really count as an unpopular opinion?

If you take Sticker Star for what it is, it's an ok game really

Maki Nishikino said:
Sticker Star was more enjoyable than SPM and the original PM.

i wil fite u

how about it

1v1, tomorrow, 10 am cest (idk whats that in your timezone but probably something around 8 pm)

King Antasma said:
Maki Nishikino said:

i wil fite u
how
Actually I have a few reasons as to why I probably feel this way.

One of them being that I enjoyed the battle system, sure it wasn't boots, hammers and FP but the stickers work in a similar way. Boot sticker is boot, Hammer sticker is hammer, FP is just rarer stickers. Though the biggest complaint isn't the battle system, it was not being necessary to fight everything.

I fought everything. I see it, I kill it, I get more stickers/coins, then I can re-buy thing stickers later for puzzles. I think that may have been the intended way to play since it all worked out very neatly, I wouldn't run out of stickers because they were abundant so I didn't feel limited in what I could do during a battle. I also didn't get puzzled by the puzzles for too long. Most were fairly obvious, some were a little more difficult but not absolutely impossible.

Then finally I'm not someone who went into it thinking I would get a similar experience to TTYD. At the time TTYD was my favourite game, so I had the mindset of 'why would I want another TTYD? I already have TTYD, nothing can replace it and they likely won't surpass it' so I just saw it as a fresh new experience. It wasn't like the old games really related back to each other much anyway.

Can't say I care for the plot in a Paper Mario game.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Maki Nishikino said:

i wil fite u

how about it

1v1, tomorrow, 10 am cest (idk whats that in your timezone but probably something around 8 pm)

okay I you didn't show up but we should totally duke this out sometime later.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Dr. John H. Watson said:
Maki Nishikino said:

i wil fite u

how about it

okay I you didn't show up but we should totally duke this out sometime later.
yeah, let's just put it on the to-do list.

Maki Nishikino said:
One of them being that I enjoyed the battle system, sure it wasn't boots, hammers and FP but the stickers work in a similar way. Boot sticker is boot, Hammer sticker is hammer, FP is just rarer stickers. Though the biggest complaint isn't the battle system, it was not being necessary to fight everything.

I fought everything. I see it, I kill it, I get more stickers/coins, then I can re-buy thing stickers later for puzzles. I think that may have been the intended way to play since it all worked out very neatly, I wouldn't run out of stickers because they were abundant so I didn't feel limited in what I could do during a battle. I also didn't get puzzled by the puzzles for too long. Most were fairly obvious, some were a little more difficult but not absolutely impossible.

Then finally I'm not someone who went into it thinking I would get a similar experience to TTYD. At the time TTYD was my favourite game, so I had the mindset of 'why would I want another TTYD? I already have TTYD, nothing can replace it and they likely won't surpass it' so I just saw it as a fresh new experience. It wasn't like the old games really related back to each other much anyway.

Can't say I care for the plot in a Paper Mario game.

Respectable opinion I say

Unlike that OTHER guy who judges games he never himself played

That's why he shall not be named no more

Back