Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Regardless the only thing keeping Dark Bowser going was the Fawful core. Without that he couldn't beat Bowser.

Which is why it could function completely separate from the main body.

they weren't physically connected, but the fact that Dark Bowser goes haywire after the core part is beaten does show that there was indeed a connection between them

But the only reason they were able to separate was because of Fawful.

so? if Fawful hadn't separated them via sucking his powers he would've still had the reviving power on his own as Fawful was the one who took it

Levi Ackerman said:
so? if Fawful hadn't separated them via sucking his powers he would've still had the reviving power on his own as Fawful was the one who took it

Except that it clearly didn't when the bros fought it before and its also obvious that Fawful is the one doing it during the fight.

when the bros. fought it before they battled the half that didn't have it. yes Fawful was the part who was performing the actual action but he was using it's power and not his own.

Levi Ackerman said:
when the bros. fought it before they battled the half that didn't have it. yes Fawful was the part who was performing the actual action but he was using it's power and not his own.

And considering Fawful was an evil genius, chances are he figured out how to use it in ways the dark star didn't think to, not to mention Fawful has power of his own as well, its not unreasonable to think his was added in as well.

Fawful has not been shown to have the power of being able to max revive people at will. nor is there any good reason to assume that it would have to take a genius to figure out how to so by using the Dark Star's powers.

I know Fawful couldn't do that on his own, I said that to point out that his power was further strengthening the dark star. Its also a perfectly good reason to assume that because it was specifically shown Fawful the one doing it.

Levi Ackerman said:
Fawful has no magic powers that he could add to the Dark Star's

The final battle with him in Superstar saga says otherwise.

he has no magic powers in that battle, let alone any that could contribute to reviving a being

Levi Ackerman said:
he has no magic powers in that battle, let alone any that could contribute to reviving a being

The antenna that shoots out energy? The beam of lightning? And the ability to revive came from Fawful being a genius, you need to pay attention to what I'm saying.

I am paying complete attention to what you're saying. the antenna looks more like some sort electrical device than magic. I don't remember anything about a beam of lighting unless you're talking aboud that beam that came from his around where his feet were located, and that could have just as easily come from the machine he was piloting as it could from him. there's no reason to believe that reviving power came from him being a genius.

The antenna grows out from his head, he even has it in the sequel. His body also shakes like crazy when the beam comes out so it definitely comes from him. And again, plenty of reason to believe that as it specifically shows Fawful doing it and dark bowser couldn't.

and how do we know that Dark Bowser couldn't do it? he wasn't in direct control of the part Fawful was. plus there's no proof that Fawful has healing powers even if he does have lighting magic.

The simple fact that we don't see Dark Bowser do it. And again, I'm not saying Fawful has healing powers, I'm saying that because he's so smart he's using the dark power in ways the dark star wasn't smart enough to do, on top of that the core could only separate because Fawful could move separately on his own, so no matter how much you want to deny it Fawful was the main reason Dark Bowser was still going, were it not for that the original would have crushed him.

the core would've been inside him without Fawful and virtually inaccessible unless Bowser literally ripped his guts out which wouldn't happen in a Mario game. there's no reason to believe that it has to take a genius in order to figure out how to use the powers even if Fawful was the part that was performing the actual action because that can easily be explained by the fact that he simply happened to be in control of that part.

Then the core wouldn't have been sentient, it needed Fawful's body to act independently and without that it would have been even easier for Bowser to win.

You are grasping at straws and denying very obvious truths here.

I don't see why it has to be separate in order to do it it's job.

Of course you don't, but that doesn't surprise me.

also this conversation is definitely not getting anybody anywhere. I have no wish to partake further in this squabbling as clearly neither of us is going to change the other's mind. as such i'm going to leave this thread and not partake in this pointlessness anymore. good day.

Back