What could be added for 3D Land 2

Danny The Street said:
Luigi's Mansion isn't a Mario game it's a Luigi game
Mario and Wario is a puzzle game
Donkey Kong Jr. is part of the Donkey Kong Jr. game
And Super Princess Peach is part of the one shot series of other games
So I repeat you don't want a Mario game you want a Platformer with someone like Peach you can't say it's a Mario game just because it contains Mario elements just like how SMW2 is part of the Yoshi series and SML3 is part of the Wario Series

Luigi's Mansion isn't a Luigi game, it's part of the Mario series
Mario and Wario is still part of the Mario series
Donkey Kong Jr. is still part of the Mario series
Super Princess Peach isn't a series if it has only one game. It's just a game in the Mario series

Do you even know the difference between Mario as a character and Mario as a series?

Yes I do but there is no such thing as a Mario Platformer because calling something a Mario Platformer implies one of two things
1. A genre
2. A game staring a character

Therefore Super Princess Peach would not be a Mario Platformer because
1. The Mario Platformer is not a genre
2. It doesn't star Mario
Face it your wrong it can't be a Mario Platformer with out Mario being the playable character.

Danny The Street said:
Yes I do but there is no such thing as a Mario Platformer because calling something a Mario Platformer implies one of two things
1. A genre

2. It doesn't star Mario
Face it your wrong it can't be a Mario Platformer with out Mario being the playable character.

The word "Mario" in "Mario platformer" means the "Mario series" not the character himself.

Your logic is still a fallacy since what happens if there was a game with all Mario characters and elements except Mario himself. It therefore wouldn't be called a Mario platformer because it lacks the character!

Baby Luigi said:
Danny The Street said:
1. A genre

2. It doesn't star Mario

The word "Mario" in "Mario platformer" means the "Mario series" not the character himself.

Your logic is still a fallacy since what happens if there was a game with all Mario characters and elements except Mario himself. It therefore wouldn't be called a Mario platformer because it lacks the character!
Yes that is exactly what It would be it would be a platformer game not a Mario Platformer.
Broly said:
There is no point in arguing over this.
But it's so fun.

Danny The Street said:
Baby Luigi said:
Danny The Street said:
1. A genre

2. It doesn't star Mario

Yes that is exactly what It would be it would be a platformer game not a Mario Platformer

By your logic, then, games that star Luigi, Wario, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, etc would be COMPLETELY in their own series. They're NOT affiliated in the Mario series at ALL and they ARE NOT a subseries either!

Baby Luigi said:
Danny The Street said:
Baby Luigi said:
Danny The Street said:
1. A genre

2. It doesn't star Mario

Yes that is exactly what It would be it would be a platformer game not a Mario Platformer

By your logic, then, games that star Luigi, Wario, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, etc would be COMPLETELY in their own series. They're NOT affiliated in the Mario series at ALL and they ARE NOT a subseries either!
Never said that they are Spin Offs but not Mario Platformers because Mario isn't a major character.

What I'm saying is that the reason it's called the "Mario" because it represents the series as a whole, not a character. I would consider platforming games starring a variety of Mario characters not named Mario that are playable in very much similar to the elements of the Mario platformers Mario platformers because they are still part if the Mario series and Mario platformers are named directly after the Mario series. It is indirect that the platformers are named after Mario, but I said directly.

Games that star central Mario series characters are still part of the Mario Series and therefore Mario platformers as long as they follow the conventions of platform games, for example Luigi's Mansion is a Mario Series game but not a platformer as it doesn't do the later but Super Princess Peach is both a platformer and part of the Mario series. If Mario is not the main playable character then it is not part of the main Mario games but still part of the Mario series. It only becomes a separate series if it has multiple games and unique elements not found in or similar to the main Mario games such as (at least in my opinion) The Wario land series which is a platformer but separate to Mario and the Mario Series, despite the fact that Wario started as part of the Mario Series. If Luigi for example, where to have multiple games with elements that weren't in the main mario games nor similar to them then he would have his own series.

Holy schmoly... tl;dr

By the way, I want 3D Land 2 to be based more on the Super Mario Land series.

La Marionette said:
Holy schmoly... tl;dr

By the way, I want 3D Land 2 to be based more on the Super Mario Land series.

Personally I'd prefer it be based on SMW but that would be interesting I guess.

Back