PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
AKA, "Sony Smash Bros."

You know what, fuck it, this game looks awesome. And if I had a PlayStation 3, I'd totally be excited for it and buy it first day!

Actually, I'm STILL excited for it! I'd like to see what kind of characters they'd include!

Super Smash Bros. is an AWESOME fighting game, and after Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion, and now this, I want to see even MORE crossover games follow suit!

Not going to buy unless Crash Bandicoot is in there somewhere. It wouldn't feel like it's truly Playstation All-Stars without him even if he's no longer a big part of Sony these days. But hey if they brought Parappa why can't they put in Crash?

Ooh, this sounds very interesting. Definitely keeping my eye on this game.

Northern Verve said:
Not going to buy unless Crash Bandicoot is in there somewhere. It wouldn't feel like it's truly Playstation All-Stars without him even if he's no longer a big part of Sony these days. But hey if they brought Parappa why can't they put in Crash?
Was Parappa the Rapper in a game that's been on a console other than the PlayStation? When I think of original PlayStation, I, too, think of Crash Bandicoot, as well as Spyro. Unfortunately, they've all seemed to move on to other consoles, in the same way Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid games are no longer Sony-exclusive.

Final Fantasy can't really be considered to have ever been Sony-exclusive, since it got its start on the NES/Famicom.

Northern Verve said:

Ooh, I'd love to be in this game.

This looks like fun, can't wait to see some InFamous, LittleBigPlanet, or Uncharted characters pop up.

Next to Crash and Spyro, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear are what I also think of when it comes to the original PlayStation, and why some people might have been drawn to it. Sure, neither of them were really initially exclusive to the PlayStation, and their origins can be traced back to the NES, but still, Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid were pretty much THE most popular games in their respective series (not necessarily the BEST, but definitely popular enough to make gamers interested in the PS)

I just think this is Crash's only chance to be involved into a multiplayer crossover. Let's face it, Crash is never going to be in a Smash Bros. game simply because he's sort of been lost recently and while he's had a few games on Nintendo systems it's probably not enough with what limited space they have for 3rd parties. Crash just isn't going to get in over more popular 3rd party choices like Megaman. He'd feel right at home on a Sony roster though so I'd say let this game be his best shot.

I do agree that Crash would make an excellent addition to this game... I'd also like to say, if Crash is in it, then Spyro should TOTALLY be in it, too! Original Spyro, not current, ugly-looking Spyro.

Guys, I realize it's named PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, but it's obviously only going to feature characters owned by Sony, not characters that have appeared on a PlayStation console before; Activision now own the copyright on Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, not Sony. And Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy have never been under Sony ownership.

For your convenience.

Anyway, my thoughts on the game; nostalgic wank fantasy, but I'll probably wind up playing it anyway if Wander is featured because I'm a little bitch.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Guys, I realize it's named PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, but it's obviously only going to feature characters owned by Sony, not characters that have appeared on a PlayStation console before; Activision now own the copyright on Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, not Sony. And Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy have never been under Sony ownership.

For your convenience.

Anyway, my thoughts on the game; nostalgic wank fantasy, but I'll probably wind up playing it anyway if Wander is featured because I'm a little bitch.

Yeah I understand that. As of right now though. Crash Bandicoot is the one thing that's going to make the difference of possibly buying it or just renting it once and never playing it again. No sign of Crash Bandicoot is going to be the deal breaker for me even if it's a really good game. If they're not in. Oh well.

Looks good, I like the depth of the backgrounds and levels.

But people are bitching in Youtubes comments about how much it's like Smash Bros.

If they do something like Smash Dojo, but not exactly the same it'd be nice. I liked seeing new information all the time.

but it's obviously only going to feature characters owned by Sony, not characters that have appeared on a PlayStation console before;

Well, actually, no:

"Absolutely. It's an important part of PlayStation history," SuperBot Entertainment executive producer Chan Park told Shacknews. "This game wouldn't be complete without their involvement. [Fans] can expect third party characters."

Anyway, since they apparently dropped the awesome Lair stage Paul Gale described on his site, I don't give a shit.

I did notice this first time I watched the trailer, and I know nothing about what game Fat Princess is in so correct me if I say something wrong, but that butt smash attack looks like Peach's butt smash attack.

Just something I picked up, it's probably just the characters fighting style, and me just thinking too much.

I'm expecting Ratchet and Clank, Sackboy, and Nate Drake to be in. Note that I haven't seen the video yet.

Crash has to be in! We haven't had a Crash game for a few years now and this would be a great way to continue Crash plus I know all the moves he could have.

Yoshidude99 said:
Crash has to be in! We haven't had a Crash game for a few years now and this would be a great way to continue Crash plus I know all the moves he could have.
Sony doesn't really own them, per se.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
I did notice this first time I watched the trailer, and I know nothing about what game Fat Princess is in so correct me if I say something wrong, but that butt smash attack looks like Peach's butt smash attack.

Just something I picked up, it's probably just the characters fighting style, and me just thinking too much.
Fat Princess barely does anything in the actual game, so they had to get creative with her fighting style.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:

Fat Princess barely does anything in the actual game, so they had to get creative with her fighting style.

Oh well okay, that would explain it.

Crocodile Dippy said:

For your convenience.

Ah, alrighty then...

See, to me, I never really saw Sony as a video game company, and didn't think it could HAVE it's own original characters, so I just assumed that all of it's characters would just be from companies owned by a second or third party. Shows how much I know about the PlayStation.

I don't quite understand why Kratos is in this. I know that he's one of Sony's most popular characters, but he seems out of place in games in which he can't rip people and things to shreds.

Because if they didn't everyone would bitch. I think he fits a game where you beat the shit out of others.

Back